Discussion » Gaming » Dungeons & Dragons

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    GET IN HERE.

I'm a Chaotic Neutral Human Human Psionicist. Bitches don't know 'bout my telekinesis.

Let's party.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    jaja Chaotic Neutral and psi, woow
    where are you from? Darksun?
    o_0
  • ALK
    ALK wrote:
    :D :D
    where are u playing?
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    My current group is playing around Xizhimen, but we're doing Star Wars (Saga Edition) currently.

I never played Darksun, as much as I'd like to. I first started playing AD&D when TSR was going under, and they never updated it for 3rd edition, when I started playing heavily. I'm looking forward to trying it out with 4e.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    Darksun is the paradise of the sadistic DM, all in this world attack you, cactus and the cannibal halflings... how you said psi, and in this game there is psi, I suposed wrong
    I grew up with ¨Forgotten Realms¨, Long Life to Baldur´s Gate
  • ALK
    ALK wrote:
    I played mostly Greyhawk and FR in both 3 and 3.5 ed. I've downloaded dmg, mm and phb for 4th ed but I haven't tried it yet. Also looking forward to play 4th [although they made the monk psionic :( ].
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    psi monk mmm almost as infamous as a cleric thief
    Have you tried ¨The iron Kingdoms¨ ?? steampunk style
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Forgotten Realms eventually incorporated psionics in 3.5, particularly in the accompanying fiction. Shit, the entire cosmology was changed for 4th edition, too. If you're a purist, you'd probably hate it. Personally, I like the idea of a psionic monk. But anyway it's just the power source, which really isn't as important in 4e (not like the difference between Arcane, Divine, and Psionic in earlier games, where different sources just plain didn't work together).

I've heard of Iron Kingdoms, and the tabletop game Warmachine. It seems like a completely kickass setting. If they update it for 4e, I'd take a shot at DMing it.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    i´m not a purist XD is only that the psi powers in Darksun, i never liked them.
    But maybe now, the psi-powers are things like more con, str or car, speed... i don´t know
    Also i like monks, i find a strange pleasure killing goblins and other shits using kicks and fists.
    About Iron Kingdooms, the best thing is the three adventure -WitchFire-, in fact these adventures were the seed of this world, i think that the plot is good (after fix something).

What about -Vampire- the masquerade?
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    My current group used to run a mixed World of Darkness game; I was playing a Promethean. I played Masquerade back in the day, too.

I'll check that out first. I've never really DM'd all that much so it might be good to start with a pre-made adventure.
  • ALK
    ALK wrote:
    I also like monks and although psionics is just their power source, it seemed to me like a simple dispel/null psionics will render their abilities useless.

I had a quick look at the Iron Kingdoms website...seems interesting
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Dispel/null effects are much rarer now, and they don't break the game like they used to be.

Having to do a bunch of arithmetic to reflect the lost functions of all your magic items was a bit of a pain in the ass, no?
  • Ryan Sanden
    Ryan Sanden wrote:
    woah there are d&d groups in beijing? I used to DM gurps but never played much d&d unfortunately.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    A couple. Plenty of nerds in this city.
  • ALK
    ALK wrote:

btw is there any place I can buy dice in bj?
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Dice still elude me completely in Beijing. We're still using dice rolling programs on netbook computers. Pain in the ass...
  • Cecilie Libæk
    we playing not d&d, but loneliness
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Geeking ain't easy.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Dando, perhaps this would be of interest to you?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisest-Wizards/98483449204?ref=mf

You'll need your pogo stick obviously...
  • 随便叫兽
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    I like D&D purely because it gives us Magic:The Gathering players a group of people to look down on for being too geeky.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    @Daniel,
    And the D&D players look down on the live-action Vampire: the Masquerade roleplayers. And they in turn look down on the furries. Where's the solidarity?

M:tG was what my nerd herd did when they were waiting for the other half of the party to show up. How is that less geeky, anyway? In order to be competitive, you end up spending far more money building tournament decks than the D&D players spend on books.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    anyone wants a black lotus?? :P
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    i´m going to taobao to check something about this... haha
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3083365619 still looking for dice Dando??
    龙与地下城, they have books in english
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5068970436
    ohhhh and baldur´s gate http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36878423
    and in this, there is in the description a map of a freaky temple here in beijing O_o http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=4926543393
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I hit up that store under the E-Plaza in Zhongguancun and picked up a d20, but I didn't know where to get d4s, d8s, d10s, d12s, etc. Thanks dude.

3.5 edition books for 15 RMB? That sounds shady. I've got electronic copies of all the 4th edition books anyway.

Last one... lol wut?
  • Rune
    Rune wrote:

guys wat, let me in on this. where do people play?

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

By what dread necromancy does this thread still linger in this realm?

@Rune

I don't know. I haven't been able to put a group together, even when I was between jobs and had plenty of free time. If any potential storytellers want to run a game but can't be fucked to learn the rules, I can be your rules lawyer/combat planner. But I'm just not cut out for game management.

On the other hand, just throwing this out here: would anyone be interested in doing a mixed live/online Kung Fu Action/Giant Robot Anime/Cyberpunk game using free OpenRPG or FantasyGrounds virtual tabletop software?

• Rune
    Rune wrote:

im an experienced DM with d&d 3.5 (dont know shit about 4 though)

anyone interested in making a group? 

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

mixed live/online Kung Fu Action/Giant Robot Anime/Cyberpunk game

mmm....my mind jumps to something like cthulhu+tech :P green tentacles and mech warriors, smash Deep Ones with iron fists

http://www.cthulhutech.com/art/

• 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:

Rune,

I'm game. I still know 3.5 well, although you might want to consider 4e as it seems to be much easier to DM. I'm pretty much up for any system, even if it means learning a new one.

Adolfo,

Cthulutech? I've seen that mentioned on /tg/ a few times. Isn't that GURPS?

Actually, as far as what system I was gonna use, I was leaning toward Mutants & Masterminds. Because it's fuck-easy for GMs and players.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

the old version yep, is GURPS, but the new is very different not only the rules(the new is framewerk, i don´t know nothing about this system), also the plot, In the new version they mix Robotech, The Guyver and Neon Genesis Evangelion, , mechwarrior, cyberpunk and Shadowrun..... fucking bizarre, right?
    The first time when i heard i didn´t give a shit, but after look over the website.... well maybe,.... these days i have been downloading it, and the book does not seem bat shit .

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.