Discussion » Film & TV » the 2D version of avatar will be remove from the c

• Peter S 李贝勒
    Peter S 李贝勒 wrote:
    why? cause of several reasons,
    1st the chinese gvt don t want that chinese people spend to much money for a US production
    2nd as HanHan said the movie is talking about the expropriation, a sensible subject in china... " for foreign country; expropriation is something unbelievable, it s something who can only happen in an another planet or in china"
    3rd they stop Avatar to put confucius under the spotlight... Confusius who s a really nationalist production...

what do u think about?
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    for french people i have this link
    http://www.aujourdhuilachine.com/actualites-chine-avatar-vs-confucius-le-choc-des-titans-n-aura-pas-lieu-en-chine-13380.asp?1=1
    is there anybody have link or informations about the subject in english?
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    Pierre, you are a bit paranoid:P

The 2D and 3D versions of Avatar will be removed maybe after another one or two weeks because we need to see other new movies. (not the reasons you mentioned)
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    故园无此声
    it s really not cause of we need to see new movie cause they change the schedule... i m not paranoid, they should keep the movie till the 26 february, then suddenly it becomes the 23 january. The same days than confusius exit. i cannot believe that it happens because of destiny. Why the GVT send a note to all the cinema? why remove movie who s really popular? can u tell me why? economical and political reason...
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    "they should keep the movie till the 26 february", wow, I never heard any film could be showed in Chinese cinemas for almost two months.

And most big cinemas have more than five screens, which means audiences could watch Confusius and Avatar at the same time.
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    Look, Pierre, no one wants to see the 2D version. We want to see the 3D version, that is the point of the film's success.

HanHan is just one blogger, he doesn't speak for China when he makes his theories. It's an interesting theory but there's absolutely no that Avatar is being perceived in China as an allegory about displacement and corrupt property developers, nor that the government thinks similarly.

It just makes good business sense for the government to promote a domestic film for Spring Festival, however dull it allegedly is. Plus they're control freaks who don't like to lose face by having Confucius beaten by Hollywood over New year but hey-ho

People will still be able to see the 3D version and buy the DVD anyway.

This really is an instance of the media spinning against the Chinese government, with very little factual basis
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Ditto that, Mr. Dice. Everything needn't contain overt political wrangling.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... honestly, I am a bit tired of hearing about Avatar, and haven't they taken enough RMB already, as well as the Golden Globe... let's give the local movies a fair go ...

• DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    I saw the 2d version :(
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    In a Norwegian newspaper they claimed that the reason of Avatars removal was that the deporting of the aliens in this movie can be compared to how the Chinese government move people in order to construct new buildings.

Personally I think that's just bullshit, and it's all a domino effect of the Google case as it's hot news that people do read. The newspaper didn't mention that it's only the 2D cinema's who stops showing the movie at all.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    They are probably not removing Avatar 2D for any other reason except that the Theaters are finding that 3D is moving more tickets and of course they should have Confucious in time for the holiday right? Don't you think Confucious will sell massive amounts of tickets? I would see that film even if I was in the U.S.! I cannot wait! However, it is sad how newspapers develop disrespectful theories about these types of things without knowing the whole story. It just makes good sense to stop showing 2D Avatar and make room for Confucious. Why not? Do you think a foreign film would stand a chance in the U.S. against the release of a patriotic war film. How about in Europe in regard to the release of a Guy Richie film? Whatever the reason is it is their business to do whatever they want with the theater because the last time I checked we live in Beijing. This is an internal issue.
  • wrote:
    Only 'stupid' person will go to theater to see Confucius who was played by Chow Yun fat and this film definitely is full with low-grade plots. If let me choose between Avatar and Confucius, I will choose Avatar.
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    They will let the 3D versions, but there s only 500 3D rooms all over china. peanuts.

@ 故园无此声
    i mistake it s not the 26 but the 28 february, i double check http://www.aujourdhuilachine.com/actualites-chine-avatar-vs-confucius-le-choc-des-titans-n-aura-pas-lieu-en-chine-13380.asp?1=1
    so, it s not me who says it. it s just a fact and the truth my sweet...

@ 叮噹
    i love ur sentence, "haven't they taken enough RMB already" really nationalist words, and "let's give the local movies a fair go" is protectionism
    If u were french in 1942, i m sure that u had poster of Laval next to Ur bed.

@kodi
    it s 'Confucius', not 'Confucious'

to finish, if people like a movie, Avatar, Conficius or the Hand of my sister, just let them go to see, what they want...
  • 王望魍
    王望魍 wrote:
    Sun: Only 'stupid' person will go to theater to see Confucius who was played by Chow Yun fat and this film definitely is full with low-grade plots. If let me choose between Avatar and Confucius, I will choose Avatar.

why do you hate all of China's movies Sun?

why do you hate China?
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    Why not confront me, Pierre? Or do you only wish to mock the Chinese?
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    hey tony, it s just that when i answer to the others i answer to u too... so...
    protectionism, and only 500 rooms... Shall we stop to buy chinese product to answer?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.