• Keysy
    Keysy wrote:
    G'day. Liking the feel and layout, just one suggestion, wondering if you might be able to replace the American flag with the City of Melbourne flag in the language select menu. I dont speak American English very well and I'd feel a lot more at ease if I knew I could type in Melbournian. I also think its a much more aesthetically pleasing flag, who wouldn't be inspired to type in a language represented by a flag with whales, convict ships, cows and bullock harnesses on it? I think a move to the Melbournian flag could be a great move for this website and one which I know about 3 other people in Beijing would endorse.

So whaddaya reckon maate?

• Keysy
    Keysy wrote:
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi Oi Oi ...
    Aussie, Oi ... Aussie, Oi ...
    Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi Oi Oi

• Keysy
    Keysy wrote:
    I see the union jack has now replaced the US flag as representing English in the pull down menu at the top. I guess my campaign to have use the City of Melbourne flag didn't get up. Ah well worth a try.

Although I see the US flag is still being used in the category to the left "all things English". If the City of Melb doesn't play well, maybe we can replace this one with a picture of recent grammy award winners AC/DC. Perhaps a miniature Angus Young hopping across the stage? Surely there is no better way to represent the English language. I'm sure that anyone who looks at this eloquent example below will agree.

Ridin' down the highway
    Goin' to a show
    Stop in all the by-ways
    Playin' rock 'n' roll
    Gettin' robbed
    Gettin' stoned
    Gettin' beat up
    Broken boned
    Gettin' had
    Gettin' took
    I tell you folks
    It's harder than it looks
    It's a long way to the top
    If you wanna rock 'n' roll
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

We've had this conversation about a dozen times since we redesigned the forum.

American flag on the forum, Union Jack on the language tab.

A fair compromise, right? In the event we launch a drinking tab, we'll be sure to utilize the City of Melbourne flag.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    HAHA it's only fitting that we use the two most powerful English speaking colonizer countries who are responsible for spreading English all over the globe. England is the original right? Since English is the international language should we not use an international symbol for both the forum and language lab?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.