Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » problem of language and communication

• Peter S 李贝勒
    Peter S 李贝勒 wrote:
    so, i think that one of the aim of this website is to increase exchange between people and different cultures. The base of these exchanges are the languages. Most of the time, here, english and chinese. The problem is that my english is not good, and i know that i do a lot of mistakes that i d like to correct. My chinese is worse. I can observe that in the forum, a lot of people are like me. They fight to express clearly themselves. Not easy to communicate in a foreign language, but we want to. So, i suggest to, maybe create vocabulary pages related to the different forum categories, or when someone wrote an article to add some definitions in english and chinese (character and pin yin) of the difficult words or grammar explanations?... or maybe? do u have any idea? or something? thank u to help me, thank u to help us. We will all have a benefit to increase our quality of expression; u me and this website. shi bu shi?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Thanks for your insights, Pierre.

What does everyone else think?
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Hmmm, you could use a translator?

But if you wanna improve your English/Chinese, the best way is to talk. You'll improve little by little.

Or study harder :P

Good luck~!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

My interpretation is "instant translation", is that correct?
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    so, Pete,
    what WLB think? any idea about adding vocabulary pages or something like that?
    translator on line are most of the time bad, i think that it s more a problem than a solution... and for sure i practice everydays, and improve step step by step...
    but i m lazy, like a lot of people, so, that s one of the reason why i ask to the website to help us...
    what do u mean?
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    DingDangs meant his explain is " directly translation to english " lol
    that word is funny ! btw ding dang your fancy is abundance. oki I learned
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Pierre ... "instant translation" is what you might consider "online translator" ... one particular web site is www.freetranslation.com ... its good stuff are all paid service, but it also has a free service, and I have been using that for a few years ... however, be careful of the translated result, the grammar might shock you ...
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    same answer than aurelien... translator on line are most of the time bad... but u put the accent on the good side of the problem... The grammar, i really appreaciate if the user could have one or 2 lessons of basic grammmar...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.