Discussion » Current Events » Red Club, never quit growing

• Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    Facebook, Youtube and Google are the latest VIPs, obviously you know what club I am talking about.
    I read this yesterday: 自昨日起三大运营商已启动手机短信敏感字眼过滤,对涉及黄色、暴力、反动等五大类内容的短信进行监控,并对发送的用户实施惩罚。据悉,一般会关停用户的短信功能24小时,24小时后会自动恢复;情节十分严重的,须由用户带上有效证件,到移动营业厅签承诺书,保证今后不再发送上述内容才能重新开通。(Let me know if you have any problem reading this.)
    So I called China Mobile today to verify this, they told me it is TRUE but not totally new. They are becoming more strict blocking illegal messages. But when I asked:“ Can you (China Mobile) guarantee that no mistakes would be made during this procedure?” she said NO.
    I was speechless. It somehow surprised me that China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom have all been 5-star VIPs, for a while. The only difference is they probably filled the applications voluntarily.
    Every time I thought China is not running away from the world any more, she just kept surprising me. I’m not expecting freedom of speech here, but do we have to bring back the Culture Revolution?
    I'm not anti-government, I just don’t get it…
    爱google的节哀顺变~
    恨google的别去人家葬礼上闹腾~
    大家发短信都加小心,不然就只能用信鸽儿了。
    宁古塔现在已经是我家了,真有那么一天,发配我去海底剪光缆吧。
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    wow, disturbing as hell. Big brother is watching you(and everyone else). It seems the world is in some ways becoming less not more free these days, especially when those who govern are involved...
    Thanks for the info, I'll look out for more news on this
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    What we learned from books have became reality now. Culture Revolution.
    I'm still shocked by the eternal recurrence.
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    My friend is a certified explosives/demolition expert from Canada living in China, and his e-mails frequently don't go through because they contain lots of discussion about certain types of bombs used in the mining industry.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    now what should people do? we need whispering technology so that no one will be able to sniff what is being said....these things chould as well get someone killed
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    I would recommend everyone keep on sending dirty messages in a sybomlic but creative way, like:

There are 70 ways to make women satisfied, one is shopping, the others are 69....
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    Hahaha
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    @yuki, that's a good one~~

guys, do u think they really check English ones too? or they are actually checking English ones more specifically.....

Let's start raising pigeons~~~
  • SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:
    so no more sexting?
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    Lol SaSa I am american and I haven't heard that phrase before now... I won't ask how you learned it :)
  • Patrick Coleman
    i love communism

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.