Discussion » Health & Fitness » Alarming Statistics about AIDs

• Fahad Hashmi
    Fahad Hashmi wrote:
    Last year more than Beijing reported 501 new HIV/AIDS cases in the first five months . In China there are more than 700,000 living wid AIDS/HIV. 68% is transmitted by sexual intercourse .The infection rate among the gay community is higher than among those involved in unprotected heterosexual sex, said the official.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

For anyone concerned ... AIDS is currently NOT covered under any of the "standard" insurance plans within China ... as far as I know anyway ...
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    700,000, an infection rate of 4.6 * 10^-4, which sounds extremely low given the general lack of sexual education and tendency to not use condoms (or other birth control, but that's another subject). I'm sure the real rate of infection is 10 times higher. For jesus' sake, wear rubbers people!
  • 爱谁谁
    爱谁谁 wrote:
    i remember that some one who work for it told me that those days, over 100 aids patients were reported every day in beijing!
  • Fahad Hashmi
    Fahad Hashmi wrote:
    the mian cause is lack of sexual education n homosexuals , sex workers contibute a lot in this cause.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.