Discussion » Gaming » mac game

• Peter S 李贝勒
    Peter S 李贝勒 wrote:
    is there anybody know where we can buy games for apple in beijing? please
  • Daniel Westerberg
    You want to play games on your computer, then buy a PC :)
    better yet, get a console..
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    its not many games that can run on a mac
  • Simen Wangberg
    Mac: Oh hey PC, whatcha doin'?

PC: Oh nothing, just playing a game.

Mac: Oh cool! Which one?

PC: Any.
  • Joakim Lund Rangel

so boring
  • Daniel Westerberg
    someone asked, "I love games, should I get a PC or a Mac?" Then go ahead and say Xbox 360 :D
  • Simen Wangberg
    I yaaam what I yaaam

and that's all that I yaaam
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Get bootcamp and install windows on a separate harddrive partition.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Win7 will work with bootcamp. I just did a clean install over a friend's WinXP partition on a 3 year old MacBook from Japan. If you go that route, are some pretty crucial updates on the Apple site to get touchpad gestures to function properly. Make sure you get those.

My friend almost never uses the MacOS partition. This is ridiculous. Do not be one of those people.
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    B-b-b... Buy game? On computer???

• Joakim Berg Solum
    You mean to tell me there are people who buy MacBook's just for the Apple image and hardware design just to run Windows on it a majority of the time? That's just idiocy... The main reason to buy a Mac is so that you can run OS X. Secondary, you have beautiful and (mostly) well thought out hardware design. Not talking about component selection, just chassis, screen and trackpad design. If you want to run Windows 90% of the time, buy a Dell for 1/3 the cost with identical hardware components.

On the other hand... someone mentioned Mac games? Steam is just opening up a Mac online game store and is going to start releasing PC and Mac versions of many games simultaneously. Not sure how I feel about that... developers are going to have to target lower end hardware even more now. Multiplatform development for sure is extending the reach of many game titles, but I still say that a PC optimized game kicks a lot more ass than a multiplatform game that has to take into account old ass XBOX360 hardware and controllers.

Direct2Drive also has game downloads for Mac like Sims 3, Dragon Age Origins, etc. Dragon Age Origins rocks, BTW.

But yeah, ditto to just running Bootcamp. Buy a Mac game and you can only play it on a Mac. Buy a Windows game and you can play it on any computer including Macs w/ Bootcamp.

Dando, does the trackpad in Bootcamp work even remotely decently now? As of January this year, the trackpad driver for Windows 7 was shit and barely usable. Thing would jump all over the place and register taps with either too high or too low a level of sensitivity. Compared to the silkiest smooth trackpad experience in OS X, it was a huge disappointment for me. Most of the time I do just use a mouse but still....
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    thank u everybodody... i download if i need...
    @ peter
    i know Bainaohui, i already ask, no mac game...
    @ Daniel
    i m not fan of windows so, i won t buy a PC, then, i don t want to buy a console, i m not a big game player, just sometimes...
    @ everybody
    if i have a mac it s because i do music on it and i use it on stage. i think 99% of the musician use mac, and it s for good reason...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.