Discussion » Music » 2010 predictions and bands to watch

• Sheryl Zhong
    Sheryl Zhong wrote:
    A few hypes already around Delphic http://www.myspace.com/delphic
    Altho I don't share BBC's enthuthiasm on them, trend from 09 of electronic and synthpop is staying around for sure

Bands I most look foward to
    These New Puritans, new album out and single We Want War is dark and epic

The Knife's new classical and oper inspired work

Both Liars and M.I.A are also releasing soon, exciting times!

Anyone got any others bands to suggest? Chinese or English doesn't matter

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Bed Stars and Trash Cat look promising. Both are at about the same point that Rustic and Flyx were a year ago. Now Rustic is the finals of the GBOB in London and both bands are sharing a spot on the forthcoming Maybe Mars Generation 6 compilation.
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    Captain Beefheart is still gonna sound like a god...
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    I have no idea abt the 2010 predictions and bands to watch ! if you like softmusic or pianosolo, the famous korean Jin Nanying(金南鹰) and Jin Yang will be perform of symphony at next Thurs.in Beijing 世纪剧院. I will be join.
    Wish they could suceed by using his great skill to twirled a baton to lead the band.;) wink~
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

I've always found These New Puritans a competent, yet banal, band. But I'll give the new one a listen.

Love the Knife! And Liars and M.I.A. aren't too sloppy, either.

I was looking forward to a sweet Chinese tour by Jay Reatard this year, but he fucking died this morning.

In terms of Beijing bands, I'm excited about the new and improved Unsafe lineup (street punk with Iron Maiden influences) and of course, Rustic. Have heard good things about Bed Stars, too.
  • Wang Ge 王戈
    Check out Ice Seller (昼夜售冰 Zhou Ye Shou Bing), i'm sure you'd love them...

btw, Why am I not into Rustic like you guys,.....i've been tried to like them, but still....
  • Wang Ge 王戈
    also, guys, look out for Show Oligarch (秀场寡头, Xiu Chang Gua Tou),they performed twice last year at D-22 and tiny salt coffee club, not sure about this year...they perform like twice a year....

listen to them here

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Wang Ge

I was blown away when I saw those 秀场寡头 gigs. Very visceral.

I think Rustic is an acquired taste. While they can be cheesy at times, I like them because they're damn good songwriters and put on a helluva live show.
  • Notoro Kawabata
    The xx
  • AL DI
    AL DI wrote:
    Hot Hot Heat , Black rebel motorcycle club , Stars , Fields . Bloc party , Klaxons , school of 7 bells , the secret machines ( by the way i will bring them to china in March ) , bat for lashes , The knife , the brazilian girls , My moring Jacket and SOUNDFUCKINGYOURGARDEN !
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    Nirvana and 2pac

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.