Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » Spring Festival Plans

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    So, Spring Festival is coming up shortly. Hooray!

Some quick questions:

1.) Who is staying here in Beijing?

2.) For our native Beijingers, will you go out and party occasionally during the holiday, or will you stay at home each day with the family?

3.) If there was a cool party being held sometime during the holiday break where you could meet other people from this community, would you come?

Thanks!
  • Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
    Spring Festival should go home, togather with family.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    I think the Miao Hui is a big thing for people in Beijing during Spring Fest. I would go to meet others from here. Sure!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    If enough people will be in town and are interested, maybe we'll have a WLIB Holiday Party.
  • wrote:
    Im staying in beijing =))
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Kodi, Super, Zhaohong

Cool.

If say, 50-100 people will definitely stay here and are interested in spending a night meeting other members, drinking and other stuff, we'll organize a party.

Anyone else?
  • wrote:
    thats sounds like a good idea =))
  • Kkg
    Kkg wrote:
    have u been to spring festival fairs? they r pretty.... interesting.( i've got tired of them)
  • ♥Playboy ♥
    My best Plan of spring vacatns is Dating ................ ;)
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    i think . . . i'll just stay in beijing during this holiday,not gonna back to my country.
    don't know what to do too . . .
    anyone have suggestion?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    No Name

We can have plenty of WLIB parties!

Anyone else sticking around Beijing next month?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Since we bombed out on the Taiwan tour, so most likely "yes" ... but I am not allowed to go to parties ... hahahaha
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Okay. So we're in the initial planning stages of having a small, "get to know you because we're bored over the Spring Holiday" WLIB party over the holidays.

We're thinking casual restaurant: fireworks, food and drink specials and a prize giveaway with free stuff from cool local businesses.

Show of hands, please:

Who's interested?

As I said earlier in this thread before it got lost in the sea of your flirtatious chatter, we'll do it if you're in.
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    I'd be in. I don't really do much in the way of going out to Beijing from my small University town, so any excuse to get into the city at night!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Haven't confirmed anything yet, Mr. Sir.

Probably in the Sanlitun area.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Since we were pushed out of the Taiwan tour, my wife managed to book us on a 8-day Yunnan tour, leaving on 17 Feb ... Pete, what is your plan, or rather WLIB's plan?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Just what I wrote above:

Casual (affordable) restaurant, food and drink specials, prize giveaways and lots of fireworks
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... silly me... I mean, had you chosen any particular day?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Well, when would be a suitable day? We'd like to have it on a day that would maximize turnout -- not too early in the holiday, but not too late, either.

We're thinking between Feb 17 and the 21st.
  • Marlene Sannes
    i will be with my Y.. Sir
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... then I am afraid I will need to give this one a pass ...
  • Don
    Don wrote:
    @♥ ℂυ✝є Кℜιѕℍ ♥ ......
    Will you go for SO-CALLED date alone ????as most of CHINESE will leave......or what else???
    @Mumu_lonely.......
    tujhe bech wali chesain bohat pasand hain........
    NOW MY PLANS.......
    I'll stay in BJ during this festival and try to hide at my Ghetto till everything comes back to normal....

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.