Discussion » Nonsense » Where are you from?

• Misheel
    Misheel wrote:
    hey guys, type ur nationality.... its interesting :)
  • Siren Dahlkvist
    Im from Mongolia (Not inner- mongolia its OUTER MONGOLIA. and we do have own language(Mongolian language), we didnt speak in Chinese. some chinese people ask things like this, so make sure i answer it now and our 2nd language is Russian then English...)
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    yo~
    i'm from indonesia.
    but i'm not an indonesian,i'm mixed.
    we have own language too,indonesian language.
    second language is english.
    third language is chinese.

original indonesian don't know anything about chinese language,so only 华侨 can speak chinese.
    but nowadays,young & adult 华侨 think that chinese language is not important.
    some of them ( like me ) who wants to learn chinese,come to beijing and study
  • wrote:
    haha, just forgive this little girl.
    I know the situation in OUTER MONGOLIA.
    The people in this country are hostile to China and Chinese people, interesting fact.
    It was a Russianized country with lots of historical marks of former Soviet Union.

I like the sentence said by Pete: if you can not enjoy your life in this city, why do you choose to be an ECONOMIC REFUGEE in this city?
    I confess I am such a man in this city.
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    i didn't say chinese is not important for me,hahah~
    please read carefully , ^_^

err . . . yeah,but there's so many adult 华侨 in indonesia don't know chinese language.
    only old people can speak it.
    and chinese language (mandarin) in indonesia is a little bit different.
    i mean . . . some of them change the pinyin,or add something to make it easier to speak.
    strange isn't it?
  • wrote:
    Dear Rain,

I understand what you said.
    In fact, most Chinese descendant in Southeast Asia speaks Cantonese (广东话), a dialect in China. In fact, Mandarin was officially used no more than 60 years because of the adoption by PRC government as official language.

We know for some historical reasons, Chinese and its culture were suppressed in Indonesia and Malaysia and other Southeastern countries, but I am glad to see that most people in Singapore can still speak Chinese as good as me, haha

With the rising of China, Chinese will be more and more important than you thought, welcome to Beijing.
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    yeah . . . in southeast asia speaks 中国老家话 , so there's so many of it,hahah~

hm,the reason why in indonesia,only old people can speak chinese,and adult people can't is . . .
    because the 1st president of indonesia doesn't like chinese,so he closed all the chinese school,and no more chinese newspaper,everything about chinese.
    i don't know exactly when . . . maybe until the time of 1st president dismissed,the 2nd president allowing everything about chinese again.
    interesting isn't it? hahah~
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    by the way,we're out from topic,hahah~
    so let's go back to the "where are u from?"
    ^_^
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Slight correction if I may ... they use a variety of Chinese dialects across SE Asia, and Cantonese is just one of the many ... they also use Chao Zhou (潮洲), Ke Jia (客家) ...
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    I guess the poster just wanted to prove that China power hardly influences their country while some other countries were influenced deeply, but, actually, China power is on the way, especially the economy
  • wrote:
    The poster forgot that its economy was supported by China, without China, I believe its economy will go bankruptcy in very short time.
  • Notoro Kawabata
    say no to chauvinism.

• MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    They can't even know how Chinese company can put that huge investment(forgot the accurate number, almost the 1/4 of their GDP) to them at one time.
  • wrote:
    Notoro Kawabata wrote:
    say no to chauvinism.
    ===============
    haha, interesting reply. In fact, most Chinese people will be shocked by chauvinism in other countries, such as Russia, OUTER MONGOLIA; I knew many Chinese businessman or students were attacked in these countries.
    If most Chinese people understand this word, I am sure China will be a super power in 10 years, but the fact is that I still think all of us have to wait for another 20 years.
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    @大小眼 jio : indeed,the 1st president is idiot,i agree with u,hahah~
    it's because he afraid chinese take over and become
    succesful in indonesia.

my self,i'm not proud of indonesia.
    so i think i just study hard,find a job,stay in beijing.
  • wrote:
    Dear Rain,

Do you know Chinese history, there was a famous poet 白居易, once he visited a famous poem critic and let the critic comment on his poet, the critic said: 长安米贵,居之不易. But after the critic read his poem, he changed his mind, haha
    You will meet the same situation, because many young Chinese with well-educated background face the same situation. Wish you good luck in Beijing.
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    I am from Venus. But I am the minority in Venus.
    SO we speak Mars language, please make sure we DONOT speak Venusia. My second language is Pluto. Yes, it is the most beautiful language I've ever seen in the whole galaxy.
  • wrote:
    Hi, Big & Small Eye,

Can you be a little tolerant to these kind young people?
    It is not wrong or will lose face to be tolerant to these still young girls and young boys, hehe
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    @sun : well . . . thanks pal,wish u good luck too.
    @大小眼 jio : all people hate wars, all people wants to improve their own country.
    not only china.
    ( sorry about this )
    ^_^
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    never heard of it,hahah~
    u can tell me some
    ^ ^
  • wrote:
    actually we did the best while Chinggis Khaan leaded china
    =================
    Who told you so?
    You lack the commonsense of history, I recommend the book -- A study of history written by TOYNBEE, so that you can understand so-called civilized people or countries and barbarians, furthermore, you will understand why President Bush called those hijackers and the 911 attack as barbarians and uncivilized.
    It is very complicated, please remember.
  • Siren Dahlkvist
    SUN SAID: haha, just forgive this little girl.
    I know the situation in OUTER MONGOLIA.
    The people in this country are hostile to China and Chinese people, interesting fact.
    It was a Russianized country with lots of historical marks of former Soviet Union.

I like the sentence said by Pete: if you can not enjoy your life in this city, why do you choose to be an ECONOMIC REFUGEE in this city?
    I confess I am such a man in this city.

is that for me or not if its for me------>
  • wrote:
    It’s for me only, haha
    I am such a refugee in this city.
    I do not know your situation.

But at least in most parts of OUTER MONGOLIA, it seems that Chinese people are not welcome, I do not know what the true situation is. There are even news said that it is dangerous for Chinese people to visit this country; therefore, it naturally influenced my view about this country. And Soviet Union has great influence on OUTER MONGOLIA that is just a fact. I know many people in OUTER MONGOLIA speak Russian and English.
  • Siren Dahlkvist
    <------- Yeah the people in this country are hostile to Chinese, do u know why??? i dont know why too, maybe its cuz of our blood! Genghis Khan's blood! and yeah, and We NEVER part of RUSSIA! read carefully our worlds history.

I did not say i didn't enjoy in China, and i do love my country some people abroad study as me, so they all an ECONOMIC REFUGEE???

@ BIG &SMALL EYE: Our country's second language is RUSSIA, we study that language since 3rd grade, so is it not second language huh? and we learn English since 5nd grade, is it not 2nd language eh?

excuse me guys :)
  • G
    G wrote:
    Me, Chinese...

Obviously people love their motherland. This means Chinese loves China. However, it also means that, in different province/city, people basically love his/her hometown. In addtion normally people are pround of his/her hometown, culture and language. And sometimes some of them don't like people from other places.

Therefore, domestically we see Shanghainese like 周立波, while Beijingnese is pround of 郭德纲. Globally Brazilian doesn't like Agentina football, vice versa.

Peace is sth most people hope but a few others always destroy. As long as the difference exists, there will be fight (no matter what fight it is). Polictians are obssessed with this. But this is all about interest, money or power.

It's hard to find a real peaceful place but not that hard to make yourself in peace.

• wrote:
    不过成吉思汗确实是很大范围的传播了蒙古文化和汉文化
    ========================
    Who told you so?
    If his brainman, Yeluchucai, who did not suggested those Mongolian stop killing Chinese any more, there will be no so-called Chinese and its culture in this world.
    I just wish you can speak with more facts, which will be OK.
  • wrote:
    <------- Yeah the people in this country are hostile to Chinese, do u know why???
    ==================================================
    I know why, because some people in your country are paranoid and believed China will invade your country, haha. Is that a good enough answer? But frankly speaking, China has Taiwan, Xinjiang, and Tibet problems, I am afraid China does not have time to think about your country. It is not a priority.
    By the way, the blood of Genghis Khan is not so proud as you thought, sorry for my straightforward, this world needs more peaceful hero who can help the world live a happy life, not those guys who can only use power and blood to be barbarians, can you understand what I said, if you can not, please read the A study of history written by TOYNBEE, so that you can understand so-called civilized people or countries and barbarians.

Ok, we can stop talking so much about history and hatred, wish you enjoy your life in Beijing, which is not as cold as you country is.
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    ---the people in this country are hostile to Chinese, do u know why???

I've read a newpaper:
    Referred to this politic&economic newpaper, editor said, thousands of years ago, this country is controlled by Genghis Khan, he was real good at expanding his territory, at that time central china was under his control too, so, from that time, ppl in OUTER MONGOLIA thought that china was their territory, china was their colony, so, now, how could their colony play a very important role in the world stage and influences almost everything to their country?
  • G
    G wrote:
    @Toki - That's history. In histry there's no assumption.
    Mogolia has opened its door not only to Russia, but also to China and other countries. I have seen a few mining deals. Buyers are from various countries, Candian, American, Chinese blablabla...Btw a mogolian coal mine is going to list in Hong Kong stock market later this month. Ivanhoe, a Canadian listco, and CIC, China's sovereign fund, are major shareholders of this coal mine.
    More and more foreign capital invests in Moglia, and Moglia has developed its economy and infrastructure. This is the fact.
  • wrote:
    Which newspaper did you read?
    It must be written by some paranoid, China is weak in military power, but it does not mean he can not defend itself; in ancient times, it is easy for barbarians to invade more civilized countries and people, that is just a historical principle, that's why president Bush said that in modern society, barbarian is not allowed, I agree with him, haha
  • Siren Dahlkvist
    Chinggis Khaan leaded china~~so we just try to turn it on again~~??????
    excuse me! u should read world history dear!!!! (to: 大小眼 Jio )

Genghis Khan is BELONG OUTER MONGOLIAN GREAT KING!!!!
    and how bout KHubilai Khan?? son of Genghis Khan!!!

Khubilai Khan is lived in BEIJING before... so is Beijing is belong MONGOLIAN??? or Chinese is Belong MOngolian???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_Empire please read this
  • wrote:
    According to world history, it is not a humane history during the age of Genghis Khan, there are millions of lives died and were destroyed by Genghis Khan's army. It was so brutal and bloody, not a proud. Girl, you should learn more about history not just chauvinism, hostilities and ignorance.
  • Siren Dahlkvist
    SUN!! u behave!
  • wrote:
    I think we should stop bullying this young girl; otherwise, we are so impolite.
    But we have to respect the history.
  • Siren Dahlkvist
    cmon, guys live in this century... i didnt started Mongolia is hostile China..

and chinese people hostile Japanese, i dont know why??????
  • wrote:
    haha, Toki, good question.
    It proves your ignorance and chauvinism.
    It is a free society; if you simple search the internet then you will get the answer.
    By the way, I do not hate Japanese, but I insist that Japan and its people should be responsible for its militarism and invasion of Asia during World War II. Don't you know anything about World War II? During that war, your country is still part of China and Japan invaded your country during that war, you never learn history? But you show me a link of Wiki to talk about world history? Is that ridiculous?
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    Genghis Khan is BELONG OUTER MONGOLIAN GREAT KING!!!!
    and how bout KHubilai Khan?? son of Genghis Khan!!!

Khubilai Khan is lived in BEIJING before... so is Beijing is belong MONGOLIAN??? or Chinese is Belong MOngolian???
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    we admitted that Genghis Khan was good at fighting.

as a Chinses, I'd just want you to know that Chinese ppl aren't hostile to your country, and we did nothing harm to your ppl.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Toki: Men from Mars, Women from Venus,.........
    It is true...my little sis go to read that book. ;p
    btw and now .... you know that what i did know where u r from right ? hee hee
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Hitler ?jio ?? I want ... hee hee
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    这儿都是啥人啊。。
  • wrote:
    Please do not mistake her gender for male; she is a young girl, hehe
    I said earlier; do not talk so much about history.
  • Siren Dahlkvist
    i've had read many history books! and who started this topic? not me.
    i just friendly started WHERE R U FROM... I DIDNT ASK ABOUT DO U GUYS KNOW HISTORY.... DUH...
  • wrote:
    Yes, Toki, it is not your fault.
    You have to understand that that is the feature of forum, if you talk about matter A, we will deviate this topic to matter B, haha
    Take it easy.
  • Siren Dahlkvist
    sorry guys
  • wrote:
    Toki, you are a newbie in this forum, if you visit it more, you will know some personalities of some people here. Do not need to bother yourself.
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    ok, back to the topic, I come from China...
  • Siren Dahlkvist
    @ 大小眼 Jio. please read what i wrote... i didnt wrote i hostile china and chinese...
    i jsut told 1st, some chinese people told me Mongolia is belong China, i really dont like it, and if i told u guys China is Belong mongolia, or belong Japanese, do u guys like it? of course not... and about language is they are ask me Mongolia have own language and blah blah blah, English is worlds second language, every countries learn english in them high school...
  • wrote:
    some chinese people told me Mongolia is belong China
    =========================
    Anyone with commonsense of history will say Mongolia was part of China in the past history and Ancient China was part of Mongolia Empire (We call it Yuan Dynasty), but there was or is no any facts showing China has any relation with Japan, please pat attention.
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    I love how every single thread turns into China VS [Insert random country here].
  • wrote:
    Aurélien,

Me too, much fun.
  • G
    G wrote:
    @ Eye: btw Mongolia is not a province but a country. Inner Mongolia is one of the provinces in China.

@ Toki: hi bud, you don't need to be defensive. each country has its culture, history and language. the question why country A has good relationship with country B, it is that simple. it is resulted from many reasons including but not limited to culture, history, economy blablabla...just like the countries you like but please respect a country you possibly doesn't like that much.

• Torben solvold Dahl
    Hi, I am french and have had some interest in reading you all. I agree with Gordon Z concerning relationships between countries; I would add politics. As an example: here in France less than 10 years ago, everybody loved America and wanted to go there: since recently, it has changed a lot. And that is because of their politics, killing people around... just a comment, needs no reply...
  • wrote:
    Minuit Chine,

‘just a comment, needs no reply... ’

But I am sure you or your country will love American again in the next few years, haha
  • wrote:
    Big & Small Eye, you will understand what I said in the next few years, you are naive, haha

In fact, in the decades, everyone in the world want to move into U.S., you don't know?
    Surprising.
  • wrote:
    haha, that's a fact, do you know many German immigrated into U.S., you can google the population structure of U.S., you will know some interesting facts.

http://vip.book.sina.com.cn/book/chapter_93433_60745.html
    现在爱尔兰裔的美国人约有3900万,有5000万的美国人具有德国血统。在美国,各国移民又形成独特的地域分布:宾西法尼亚州的德国人,纽约州的荷兰人,路易斯安那州的法国人,佛罗里达州、加里弗尼亚州的西班牙人等。在纽约的意大利裔的人数是意大利威尼斯商城人口的两倍,爱尔兰后裔人口的数量超过了欧洲爱尔兰的总人数
  • Siren Dahlkvist
    @大小眼 Jio. Mongolia is COUNTRY!
    @ SUN! u were started that stupid history and Mongolians hostile to China and Chinese people. i DID NOT say anything about i hostile Chinese!

and BEHAVE guys!
  • Siren Dahlkvist
    and

BE COOL, CALM DOWN guys...
  • 爱米粒Emily
    It's interesting to know how easily people get upset and all pissed off...
  • Siren Dahlkvist
    @ 大小眼 Jio, hey u didnt go to white rabbit tonight? :P
  • Notoro Kawabata
    http://www.goear.com/listen/2f4e7f4/ignorance-is-bliss-the-ramones

• DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    Romans came and settled in the UK 2000 years ago.

I must be Italian.
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    >Implying we're not all Africans since we first came from there.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... dont want to get involved ...

I am, in one word, "complicated" ... I have one nationality, i.e. Australian, but two residency, both Australia and Hong Kong ... and just to clarify, HK is a SAR, and we dont use China's passports ...
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    I come from Pandora. I have human's body, modified with Na'vi DNA, and am controlled by genetically-matched, mentally-linked Na'vi operators.

There are plenty of "us" among humans and our mission is to destroy the earth in 2012...
  • wrote:
    大小眼,
    以后灌水回复不要情绪化,你说话主观性太强,自己是个历史文盲,自己开启的话题,去看看谁先回复的带有情绪化的东西:

大小眼 Jio wrote:
    Posted 19 hours ago
    so if you think it's not important~~why do u come and learn it??wired~~peace out!just a question i feel very strange
  • wrote:
    Yes, Sir
    Are you a poet? hehe
    It is a sunny day in Beijing.
  • wrote:
    bardian or Rap Singer, hehe
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    @Jio: Bored ! Let's come out for looking for troubles?
  • wrote:
    这个,你说的也差不多啊。
    我之所以说我了解的外蒙情况,其实就是想说,我对这个国家没太多好感,自然对这个国家的人民也没太多好感,因为以前有在那边工作的人和我谈过蒙古国的排华情况,也有在那边读书的中国年轻人和我谈到这个问题,我个人感觉就是中国人对他们过于友好导致的,压根没必要的,友好也是基于互惠原则,不是单向的。也之所以我提到回答她那个问题,为什么?因为那个国家有很多臆想狂,要么想着成吉思汗这种早就作古的历史,要么还想着中国是海棠叶的历史,呵呵,不过中国也有很多我早就提到过的too kind but stupid的人,就是那种喜欢和人家瞎套近乎的,呵呵
    历史和高考又扯上关系了?你应试教育的产品啊,我高考都是10年前的事情,我看你是读书太少了,哈哈
    争议性话题就不说了,呵呵
  • Siren Dahlkvist
    @大小眼 Jio. i thought u r going to white rabbit last nigth. my bad...
  • Siren Dahlkvist
    cuz u were posted to some forum...
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    Wales

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.