Discussion » Nonsense » Tomorrow is the Big Day! The Craze for graduate St

• SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:
    Approximately 1.5m Chinese applicants will take the entrance exam for postgraduate studies this weekend..That number is up sharply from the 12.46 m who took the test last year!!!!

One third of my classmates are taking the postgraduate entrance exam and some of the rest going to get a master degree abroad (like me)..
    I can't see anyone in my class is eager to find a job and going around looking for work.
    I can't say I'm a good/diligent student. But it seem now everyone wants a Master's or PhD degree, a bachelor's degree isn't enought any more. it means very little to just have the piece of papper saying you've done 4 years at uni.
    That's why i decided to further my studies.

I know i know it's all about experience, a friend told me he'd seen advertisements seeking for fresh graduated students with min. 1 year experience...what the hell????
  • TH Chen
    TH Chen wrote:
  • SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:
  • Miriam Pedersen
    You said it already. 12.46m --> 15m. Number of people with bachelor degree is increasing and so does competition. How to beat competition? Get a higher degree. It's like natural selection. Those, who give up latest, get the win.

Good Luck.
  • SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:
    oops made a mistake..it should be 1,246,000 who took the test last year. lol
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    Good luck to you
    But question is,since u got lost of degreets but u dont have any exact working experience,you dont know know how to deal with the problems,so what is ur strategy?Or what do you suppose to find a job which can perfectly match to your major?
  • Notoro Kawabata
    And You Run and You Run to Catch Up with the Sun, But It's Sinking.
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    There is a similar problem in the UK: the government over the last decade pushed for Universities to accept more students and issue more degrees, in a time where employment rates for fresh graduates were decreasing. I'm not sure if the motivations are the same for the Chinese government, but I've always considered this happening in Britain as a cynical way of trying to inject capital into the economy, especially since the price of education in the UK is pretty expensive and most students take out quite big loans.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.