Discussion » Art & Design » Web vs Print

• Jeff Fried
    Jeff Fried wrote:
    How is the magazine industry doing in China? Are any of you WLIG'ers in the print industry? Have you or any of your affiliates lost there jobs due to the recent economic downturn and recent web content boom?
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    i have been co-owner and publisher of the chn. metal magazine called painkiller mag (see www.painkillermag.com), i m still a bit involved in event management there.

the eco crisis didnt affect us too much compare to the competition of web media providers or SARS back then. So painkiller will focus on setting up it's own web media plattform more sophistcated. Painkiller Mag has been existing since 2000 and it is almost a wonder for such a underground enterprise to survive this long. But sure, you cant judge a niech products with general ideas of the whole industry.
  • Jeff Fried
    Jeff Fried wrote:
    Thanks for sharing this with me. I had never heard of painkillermag.com I dont have much experience with Chinese Metal. My experience is limited to my few trips to Guilin. The last time I was there I was fortunate enough to see AK47. I had never heard of them before and didn't really know that China even had a metal scene. AK47 basically blew my mind. During that same trip I went to a few local shows. None of the bands impacted me in quite as much.
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    well, China doesnt lack on too much things you might encounter in the western world these days, especially in such places like Beijing or Shanghai. If you are interested for Chinese rock stuff, www.rockinchina.com might give you a hint.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.