Discussion » Beijing Life » we live in beijing we live in “胡同”

• Cloud Woo
    Cloud Woo wrote:
    i have lived in beijng for twenty-eight years. now i still live in "胡同",i love my little house which near "什刹海"and "south luogu lane". i have some good neighbors and sometimes i think 胡同's culture represents chinese culture.
  • wrote:
    Hutong is only living habit represents Beijing people, especially those Manchurian and can not represents Chinese culture or living habit; there are more typical and good living form in other places in China, Hutong is not so good as you thought. In fact, I do not think Beijing has created any phenomenal cultures as other thought. You feel a little bit so good about Beijing. One simple example, Beijing Opera was originated from Anhui Province and has nothing to do with Beijing except the name.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Cloud ... I have always been fascinated about living among the HuTong, but been always concerned about the security ... good for you :)
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    what are Hutongs?
  • Cloud Woo
    Cloud Woo wrote:
    thank u my friend maybe i just like my hometown,but if you want to visit hutong i can be your guide.because there are a lot of stories.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    wanna go skating at there. I've missed hutong life so much................. btw I was live DaQiangFeng !
  • Cloud Woo
    Cloud Woo wrote:
    i don't know how to explain hutong in english but if you want to visit it you can take subway to gulou street station there are some old hutong and near beihai park hehe
  • Cloud Woo
    Cloud Woo wrote:
    sorry Blair where is DaQiangFeng ?
  • Cloud Woo
    Cloud Woo wrote:
    thank you peter
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    haha Daqiangfenger is a oldname. nowadays ppl call it DaXiangFeng hutong nearby cupreous oldman!!!
  • Cloud Woo
    Cloud Woo wrote:
    haha you did give me a suprise Blair.
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    I am going to move to hutong near Lama temple. I love them both.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I used to live in a hutong. Glad that I had the experience, but wouldn't do it again. Sweltering in the summer, freezing in the winter and loud 24/7.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    yep Pete , but that is hutong culture.
    there everybody like greeting when they meet. but in apartment never ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    (if you like noisy(热闹) must be choose hutong. )
  • N@N@
    N@N@ wrote:
    i was live in da mao hutong,betweent the zhao deng yu street and xin jie kou.haha..
  • MoMo
    MoMo wrote:
    I envy you.
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    I have never been staying in HuTong but yet I like it too.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    @Jugolik, Good to know you like hutong life ! where do you live in ? I guess Houhai correct ? yea there every architecture is quaint. It's awesome. you know, here - beijing less and less the quaint architecture and people's communication, more and more building be seted up and loneliness appearing, That's really destroy the old culture of beijing. I yearn that life that i live in hutong;(
  • Lucia
    Lucia wrote:
    i love HuTong so much ,but i never live in! i just love to go around,listen what they talking about.what is the life they have.usually ,i go to houhai Hutong and gulou hutong ,i hope i could live in there someday!
  • Lucia
    Lucia wrote:
    yes,i think so ! living in HuTong ,you have face to narrow street,noisy neighborhood,cold in winter,sweat in summer !

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.