Discussion » Food & Drink » vegetarianism

• Amber
    Amber wrote:
    A vegetarian whose diet consists of plant products only.
  • wrote:
    So? What's the real meaning behind your post?
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    It is unnatural for humans not to have a diet that somewhat includes meat. We are not herbivores we are omnivores. : ) Its funny that some people do not want to eat meat because they feel that it hurts animals. Animals are food lol! We are food too! Humans get eaten more often than you will ever hear about. Our minds are funny the way we create our own box and try to change reality. Haha get a vegan hungry enough and then see if they will eat meat or not. The healthiest diet actually consists of mostly vegetables, nuts, fish, roots, berries, and meat only once a week. It is called the Neolithic diet because it is what our ancestors evolved eating. Meat should not be eaten too much because we are omnivores which means we should eat vegetables and meat.
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    My original reasons for becoming a vegetarian were because I always felt guilty about the food in front of me after doing some research about the meat industry. I love food and I hated feeling guilty about what I was eating so I just gave it up.

It's not just about the morals towards animals in the sense that killing animals in it's self is bad. I actually have more respect for someone that goes out and catches their food than someone who sits in a McDonald's munching on a Big Mac totally unaware how their colourfully packaged sandwich got in front of them.

The main moral argument for living a more veggie diet is the amount of energy waste. It takes 60 kilos of rice to create 1 kilo of meat. We'd easily be able to feed the the world if everyone went veggie.
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    humans get eaten more often than u will ever hear about.............that does not mean all mankind have right to do it.did i see "try" word here?then u wont say that if i tried to eat u.nothing personal btw
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    nothing wrong in eating meat, but meat tends to be all you eat 3 times a day in my case. So now i`m saying stop to all meat. fishy fishy fish from now on.
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    well, I just ate my last chicken leg now
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Joakim, you just walked into the office with a giant chicken leg.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    leg?..............um no eggs either pls
  • №❶ Passioη
    Joining a herd of cattle for dinner makes a lot of sense. Are you omnivorous at all? :P Kidding...

Every human has the right to choose his / her way... some people only become vegetarian to check their weight, some are prohibited by religion, Others do because of a heavy conscience against animal slaughters. Whatever it is, I still like my Beijing KaoYa served hot...

And if everyone decides to go herbivorous, not only will the goats and cows hate us more for sharing a food menu with them than actually eating them, but Chinese restaurants will run out of business for sure
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Pete DeMola Just offended some one here by saying "Asshole"...I don't know....i thought we were not allowed to say such things to people....
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    wow, the same topic again~ just had dinner with one of my gf's classmate in the US, and he's a vegan. I was quit patient when he kept on talking shite abt why certain religious group of people should be annihilated, then talking how crude for us to eat meat...nauseous...and then began to list the cliche of how wasteful and against enviornment the meat industry is, while later shift his topic to his powerful third-hand Mustang GT...I know not Americans, not every vegans are as sick as he is.

From the aspect of health, I already said it before: the structure of our teeth, the ratio of the length of our alimentary canal to our body scale, the importance of gall bladder, all of these evidents prove that we are omnivours. Nowdays people are unhealthy is not because we eat meat, but because we eat too much meat.

Even so, someone decide to become a vegan is not so bad: Vegans' health condition on average is better that those who are not -- 1)we can still live without meat -- one characteristic of omnivores; 2) those who are not vegan just eat tooo much meat; 3) vegans care abt their health much more than others.

However, for ppls who'd like to claim their choice is based on their "concern of animal rights" and "enviornmental protection", pls at first make sure that

1) the way u treat humans is not that disgusting, and the way u treat animals is not biased across different species,

and 2) avoid all lify styles that are easily waste the amt. of nature resources equal to the amt. u "saved" due to your vegetarianism choice: bigger house, heating system, too much lighting, over-industrialized products, mobile vehicals that burn fussil fuel, etc.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    WLIB doesn't condone the sexist and hateful speech that you ooze on a daily basis. 99.999999% percent of the community understand that. You seem to have a problem with it.

However, if I feel like jokingly calling my co-worker an "asshole," I'll go ahead and do so.

Stop pushing your luck, friendo. You've been walking on thin ice for quite some time, and we'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt in thinking that you can rehabilitate yourself into being a productive member of the WLIB community.

• Amber
    Amber wrote:
    wow a vegan and our world..........i never thought they got related.
    at least not that direct .is that the way a male thinks about everything?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.