Discussion » Travel » What is the best to see in your hometown?

• Xiaoli
    Xiaoli wrote:
    as a local, your recommendation is probably more valuable for travellers.what is the most interesting place/food to try in your hometown?
    make your voice, pls.

i am from Jiangsu province, i would vote for WuZhen(乌镇) in SuZhou,enjoying real tranquility by living in the cozy family hotel along mild rivers. The ancient stone bridges, mottled walls and delicate wood carvings all give a unique experience of profound culture and history.

• Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    我是大庆的,你们都有的我就不说了,我们还有石油,有井架子,有铁人纪念馆,有一堆以“射孔”、“试采”、“钻井”命名的单位。想旅游的就别去了,大家都开私家车或者开公车,没那么多出租车,有的地方打车很不好打,走亲访友或者捞钱就另当别论了。
    北京很好啊。现在住在北京,“我爱北京天安门,天安门上太~阳~升~~~”。。
    cheers~~
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I've been to Qiqihar, actually. But I like Harbin better. Ice Festival is great... everyone should go check it out at least once during their stay in China.
    . wrote:
    Thanks for promoting my hometown Pete~ :)
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    You're a Harbiner?
    . wrote:
    黑龙江的老乡不少么~~~打声招呼哦~~ :)
    . wrote:
    Yep. I am :) When did you go there? Ice Festival is awesome, but it's really really really cold.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    January 2008. It was absolutely freezing, but definitely worth it. Send me a private message with your email address and I'll email you the article I wrote about it.
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQwODc2OTE2.html?full=true#full
    check this out~~
  • SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:
    感觉在考雅思!!!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

刀姐...考雅思?这里?还没到这个水准吧?
  • Xiaoli
    Xiaoli wrote:
    wow....it's like a Helongjiang Bang here.
    Peter,i always wanted to go there,but i have a question,people how to protect themselves from the extremely cold? -20,-30??thats crazy COLD.
    . wrote:
    downcoat, boots, hat, gloves and? I don't know how I did survive... :)
  • Winnie
    Winnie wrote:
    except girls, there are panda to see.
    but the best is food, sooooooooooooooooooooo good. i miss mi fen! that is what i miss the most!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I went to Qiqihar as part of media delegation to cover the new economic corridor.

To stay warm, I just bought a big warm coat, gloves and a hat... and drank lots of hot chocolate at the shop in the center of the Ice Festival. And lots of coffee from USABucks while walking around town.

Yep. USABucks.
  • Minnie Hu Yang
    From Guilin.

You can't miss the boat ride down the Li River: hills, rice fields and the waters. If you start the ride in the center of the city you will get off at a small town called Yangshuo, from there you can rent a bike and visit the villages near by. A lot of nature to see along the paths. Some villages offer drifting, rappelling and rock-climbing.

You can also go into mountains in the north of the city for a view full of greeness among terrace rice fields that unfold themselves on the slopes like velvet. Caves are formed due to the geographic conditions just like that in Yunnan.

For me the best time to visit Guilin is between spring and summer, in spring it is a lof of rainfall, in summer it can get quite hot and there is always showers. Winter is not a very good option as there is no central heating and air-con makes rooms very dry, and it is not very convenient to go long distance hiking or practise water sports.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    My city's too small to have anything interesting to see. So the best thing you can do there is come visit me. Except I'm in beijing now...
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    i've been to harbin and hei long jiang.
    i think harbin better,cause harbin have a park,and inside the park,all is made from ice.
    they put so many colours of lamp inside the ice.
    it's beautiful,all building is made from ice.
  • Joy Zhou
    Joy Zhou wrote:
    Harbin , Hei long jiang ,where I grow up , the sun island , the lush black earth, dragon tower, ice park ,snow park , best ski resort , delicious sausage, and super famous harbin beer . welcome everybody~~~~~~~^_^
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    Eastbourne has the beautiful beachy head, sadly currently ranked only number two among the most popular suicide destinations in the UK : ( c'mon guys, push for the win!
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    刚到北京的人自然要去趟敏感词广场,亲眼看一看敏感词。不是有首歌里唱嘛:“我爱北京敏感词,敏感词上太阳升~~~”
  • G
    G wrote:
    好敏感词~~~最近读了太多的敏感词书了。

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.