Discussion » Sports & Activities » Football World Cup is coming!!!

• wrote:
    which one is your favourite Football team??
    who is your favourite Football Player??

Me first!
    My love team is :Italy and Argentina=)love love love!!!
    Football player are:Lionel Andres Messi /KaKa/Zinedine Zidane/
    AND Beckham....been years!!!

and one more good new!!!
    My parents finally allowed me trip to Qingdao for New Year!Book the ticket and hotel tomorrow!!!I love my awesome family!!!have a good time in BJ,guys.....be back soon!!!!!

• Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Thanks Goodness 【we match here】

Favourate World Cup Tea: 1st Choice England(Gerrard and Johnson are my Favourate) 2nd Choice Spain (Torres)
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    i made quite a number of bets about England winning the World Cup this time around....whats my bet with you Sab?
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    come on.....if i win I get beet,...if u win u get a Mojito
  • Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:
    6 months to go yet!

Naturally England - it would be fundamentally wrong to support someone else, even as a fairly casual football supporter.
  • Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:
    Pretty sure Ireland don't like France, all things considered!
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    I think Ireland hate FIFA more...france were ready for the replay to clear the air...LOL
    I am an all time antiFrance for what they always do to the teams I support during world cups...98-for what they did to brazil, Euro 2004 for what they did to England on the last minute during the group stages...I was more happy in 2002 in korea and Japan....2206 world cup in Germany France Beat Brazil and they went on to Beat Portugal and then Spain...My hatred increased more...but got eased on the final cos i always make Italy and Germany my 3rd and 4th choices

Looking forward to this worldcup this time....I will be watching it live because its a very short distance from my home town
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    what is a somebody to u jio? zhen shi de
  • SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:
    czech republic is my favorite national team cuz i'm a big buff of JUVENTUS!!!!!
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    Spain will win the final~~~Torres will kiss the cup with Casillas and that picture will be on the front page of all the newspapers~~~
    wish Messi was Spanish too...
    UK would have a shot if they have better goalies by then~~~
    Italians~~nah~~not their year.
    Germany probably will get into top four, as usual~~wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the final.
    Argentina,well,crossed fingers for those guys~~~
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    i bet Brazil !!!
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Xmaster...Trust me..The World Cup wont stay in Africa..we are yet to reach that standard....we have the heart to win it but we dont have the skills..the experience of competing to actually win it...maybe after a few more world cups to cup..I still have my eyes on England , If not Spain...Brazil?? maybe...they do too much slip ups recently...Germany and Italy could be another strong contender
  • N@N@
    N@N@ wrote:
    foot player :Wayne Rooney
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    The teams that will qualify after the group play is:

South Africa

This is it. And the winner is hopefully England or the Netherlands. But I think Germany or Italy wins the cup.
  • SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:
    Holland? No!
  • Notoro Kawabata
    its time for the MESSI-AH !

prepare to suffer like in the 86.

Volveremos volveremos
    volveremos otra vez
    volveremos a ser campeones
    como en el '86
  • Miriam Pedersen
    Why is Germany too old? Germany has one of the youngest teams in the whole tournament.

Ok if you consider Ballack as the complete German Team, then I agree.
  • Miriam Pedersen
    By the way, people stop acting as if one single player can make the difference. Messi might be a good fb-player but unfortunately the rest of the argentine team is mediocre at best (and their trainer is a joke). Football is still a team game. At the end of the day, the best team wins and not the team with the best player. Cristian Ronaldo was the best player in the last tournament back in 2006, I assume everyone knows what Portugal ended up with.

Ok, maybe Zidane was the only exception. But he's not human anyway.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    World Cup? not too bad, but I prefer Champions League~ As to players...too many...Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Ibrahimovic...and Fabregas, what a talented young man!
  • Notoro Kawabata
    World Cup its not football.... is life or death, and the players should carry the weight on their shoulders. Or exile forever !!! And..... the favourite team hardly succeed in the cup. Holland '74, the right example of "something went wrong"......

and image have the value of one thousand words.....
  • G
    G wrote:
    Agentina, Holland...It is not about whether these teams are strong or not but just about years of love and their styles with passion...

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    SPAIN ! Un besito !

• Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    The Angolans just made it unsafe for the Footballers in Africa....Look at what happened to the Togolese Team...I wonder if its the Tsotsis in South Africa doing to a White guy....
  • Vegard Vingelsgård
    Spain is the best!
  • Christian Hansen
    My heart with Mexico, I'd love they meet and beat Argentina in the secod round
  • Inas Wasty
    Inas Wasty wrote:
    France is the best team out there guy's

Benzema, Henry, Anelka, Evra, Gallas, Gourcuff, Malouda...
  • Inas Wasty
    Inas Wasty wrote:
    France is the best team out there guy's

Benzema, Henry, Anelka, Evra, Gallas, Gourcuff, Malouda...
  • Hariwan Zebari
    If French players plays as good as they do when they play with their clubs, they have a chance to get a second star ;)

If i had to bet, i'll go for Spain.
  • Leif-Erik Smevoll
    without zidane u have no chance
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    All of you seem to be forgetting the greatest footballing nation in the world - GO BRAZIL!!!!
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    England fuckin come on my son!!!

Bringing football back home!
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    agree, England needs to get back on track. It`s where football belong
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Nah, Ben is right, France will win, now its allowed to play with the hands too!
  • Hanna Eriksen
    Hanna Eriksen wrote:
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    Football was invented in England, and we havent won the world cup since 1966! It's crazy we have some of the best stars Rooney, Lampard, Beckham, Gerrard. But were just fortuned with bad luck. Hopefully this world cup 2010 are luck will change!
  • Fredy Moreira
    Fredy Moreira wrote:
    come on, man.. please don't write "best stars, Rooney and Beckham" at the same sentence.
    Well.. who is betting on England, might lose so much money this time.. just my opinion.
    Football was invented in England, but not played by them.. hahaha.. :P
    At least there is something true in ur post: "Hopefully this world cup 2010 are luck will change!". Yeah, man.. u will need sooo much luck to take this trophy home.

as a Brazilian, my favorite national team is Brazil.
    My favorite players are 'El Fabuloso' and Fernando Torres. It used to be Adriano, btw...

I would say that the winner might be Spain or Brazil... just my guess.
  • Fredy Moreira
    Fredy Moreira wrote:
    "Benzema, Henry, Anelka, Evra, Gallas, Gourcuff, Malouda..."

The "dream team", huh? pfff...
  • Albulena Imeri
    What Football World cup?

I like Pats and the QB is all-American. And I am a redneck.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.