Discussion » Nonsense » Electric Shocks

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    Why, why why goddammit?
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    I'd say the dry weather.

When I get into bed in the pitch black, I can see hundreds of sparks between my body and the blanket.
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    It's because the sperm on your sheets are phosphorescent. We have all been there
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahah ... if Carlos is correct, why Richard only sees hundreds of sparks?
  • Fahad Hashmi
    Fahad Hashmi wrote:
    You're getting that poke because the water is a conductor, and the sink is a ground. In the winter, the indoor relative humidity drops because of heating. This creates an environment in which your body can pick up a static charge, from shoes on a carpet, or polyester clothes in a chair, or any two dissimilar, nonconductive surfaces, actually. You are probably getting a shock, maybe even an electric arc, when you touch something that's metal, because that is a ground, too.

The solution is to get a humidifier. Adding humidity to your home will make it more comfortable and ease the respiratory distress you get, as well as cutting down on the static. It also helps to take off your shoes inside, and if you wear slippers, get ones that don't have those hard plastic soles.
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    It seems the freaks out there are not letting all this static electricity go to waste.

According to a recent article in the New York Times, Beijingers previously using Autoerotic asphyxiation to enhance there sexual mores, are pushing boundaries even further using static electricity to get there rocks off!

According to the article, the dry season’s latest fashion is Erotic Electrification. This involves men (occasionally women but less so) finding quiet, ultra dry places for acts of clandestine Onanism. Apparently men try to find a place that’s rife with static electricity and give themselves small electric shocks precisely at the time of climax thus enhancing potential orgasms. On a particularly dry evening last week, a laowei was arrested for grabbing the brushed steel door handle of a well known bank in the middle of a solo sexual act.

You couldn’t make it up!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.