Discussion » Beauty & Fashion » Current& Future fashion-----FAT,Nature, Pure ?

• Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Which style (Thin vs Fat) will be the top of fashion in modern times???
    What does "beauty" mean, inside vs outside,nature vs face-lifting, pure vs fake???

what do you think ..>.....?Let's talk abt
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    I just wanna say "萝卜白菜各有所爱"~~~~~~haha~~~~~~~~
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    Ok, be serious.
    When many ppl say someone handsome/gorgeous, then he/she must be "beautiful one" in the view of majority, that meas he/she has the characteristic which most of the ppl think it the beautiful style, such as a tall and slim girl with beautiful long hair or a boy with tough body and shaped face, just like the fashion models.

But not all the ppl like that kind, as I know, in some countries in Africa, ppl think the most beautiful girl is fat girl, maybe fat girls look more heathy, man will first choose the fatter girls as their wife, if family raise a slim girl, its really a big problem, before slim girl grew up, mom will send her to a special place for stuffing. hehe
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    how abt china tendency???
    chinese guys will you still love her if she downright changed ???
    Chinese vs western : ...................................................
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    e..sounds like you are wondering whether love is beyond the looks
    If girls change in a better way, boys must love them more,haha
  • 爱谁谁
    爱谁谁 wrote:
    well, that day i discussed this topic with some friends
    not about fat or thin, just about beauty, beauty outside.
    nowadays, beautiful girl (mei nv) is that who dressed pretty, with fashional hairstyle. people now seldom pay attention to the facial features...
  • NN
    NN wrote:
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    @Nina::: maybe you are right , not necessary thinking abt it too much, so tired,huh ?
    like u says AVERAGE inside and outside. aha
  • Patrick Coleman
    i would like TIGHT and DEEP instead of FAT or THIN

i prefer what is deep down inside than what meets the eye

meaning (just in case somebody misunderstood) - you maybe ugly but your kind hearted, you may be beautidul and sexy but your a slut machine.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    @ Dear Mr. Art :
    I dunno what to say ?
    but ha ..That's ridiculous! you must be hurt deeply by a beautiful slut machine..
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    tho my aesthetical standard is not "special" or "advanced", I think the world's not lacking any beauties at all. What really scarce is the ones who got brain. Cynical women're everywhere, few truely show their kind heart to others. And a kind heart is just the level 1 thing, the more scarce characters are wisdom, knowledge, intelligence, vision, perspective, talents...I know lots of men prefer a sort-of-foolish girl, I dont know why, but Im sure that I dont. A kind-hearted girl with independent personality, firm pursuit, passion towards life, viewpoints toward things other than her personal interests...I'd rather talk with such a girl for all day long even if she's not so pretty, but not hang out with a hollow beauty...
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    What is interesting is that what we consider as physical beauty is actually only a physical manifestation of the other things that we are actually looking for. Let me detail this a little.

In Balzac's literature (I'm sorry to use french examples, but that's what I learned about), which takes place in the 19th century, fat people are considered more beautiful than the slim or skinny ones. And that's because at that time, having good food everyday is something not everyone can have. So people who are fat are healthy and wealthy people. Which is always attracting. So being fat is a physical expression of health and wealth at that time.
    Nowadays this has changed: people who don't have enough to afford themselves good food in so called "developed countries" eat fatty food. Those who have enough to live, can take care of themselves and stay healthy, have a slim / fit body. So the signs have changed, but what people find attractive behind the appearance is still the same.

Same goes for suntan. 4 centuries ago, poor people are working outside all day long, they are under the sun all the time and therefore are tanned. At the same time, all over Europe, noble people, kings etc... put white powder on their face so there is a clear distinction. Tanned people = poor = unattractive. Ghostly white people = rich = attractive.
    Nowadays, when you are among the less privileged, you have a shitty job in an office, where you never see the sun. So you are ghostly white. If you are among the rich and healthy, you can be on holiday at the beach and be tanned. So tanning is now found to be attractive.

Definitely, what we refer to as beauty is a kind of hypocrisy. We are not actually pleased by what we see just for the beauty of it, we are pleased by what we think this means. Without being self-aware of that most of the time.

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    The human beauty which includes psychological factors (integrity, honestity....), I think that has emained stable in the time and common for cultures. Maybe the indepedence as psychological feature has been lost in favor gregarious feature.

The human beauty which includes physical factors, I think that this dependes of each culture and way of life. But in our current economical system, this beauty is madness, each time change, in the case of the woman, some years the ¨mode¨says slim, other curves, others angular faces, round faces, small breasts, large breasts, androgynous features.... Now is like a merchandise in a market (the catwalk), and for this reason must be renewed every so often without more reason that generate bussiness (gyms, cosmetics, operations...).

But in the beauty phisical....without the pressures the mode and culture, i think that each person finds a like for the difference. But maybe this is only for the atractive, not beauty, i don´t know.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    wow ! Thx # sorry to unload on you!
    haha ! anyway I like inside more than outside !
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Just like everyone else does!
  • Simen Stensvoll
    not thin not fat
    just in middle
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    I would rather to say nature is the mainstream,always.
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    I love chubby women! I love dark skinned/tanned women! A sack of tall and pale bones just does not do it for me. Besides when God created these so called beauties he completely forgot to install a brain. Brains over "beauty" any day!
  • Anrella
    Anrella wrote:
    when i was young ialways love hansome boy. icann' t move my eyes on their face.
    i thought that is my love. after years i married , ihave knowed the thrue that i was wrong .wrong wrong. but my youthfulness has never come back.
  • Xiao
    Xiao wrote:
    blair&chuck ..... >< so when are you guys gonna get married or something

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.