• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Yeah! and fuck the fucking fuckers!

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    I cried for one day :)
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Only about 36 hours. Nothing to panic about.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

but the reason for these 36rs is nothing but ridiculous…maybe we should've got used to it long time ago…

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    I felt empty yesterday :)
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Hope everyone got good at that game. We sure did.
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    P-A-N-I-C ----A-T-T-A-C-K

Defending wlib with bullets if this happens again. Soul stealers!

and, i finished all 33 stages twice :p
  • Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
    great, on line again.
  • Miriam Pedersen
    Where can I continue with that game? I just had time to play the first 13 stages.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    so that means the Bricks Game is gone? its not coming back?I was enjoying the game
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

So only the games and videos are gone? Anything else?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

... just noticed the daily comics missing ...
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    - Video is coming back.
    - Games has been gone for a long time :)
    - The Daily comics is not removed, I think its the danes that is just a bit lazy right now. I`m guessing they are publishing something new later today :)
    - The domain is gone, we get it back in about 10 days:)
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    i keep trying to play that cool video game but I'm getting a social networking website instead. How long is this going to last?
  • Notoro Kawabata
    it was not a brick game, was a BLOCK game. I cant even believe chinese government censorship lets u laugh on their face in that way. BUT, i grew up in Argentina, we have had censorship -dictatorship years-, and yes, censorship is so narrow minded. Ah, the same wlib goes offline i print new postcards for the new year-eve.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/simbiotico/4175352745/
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Damn you Carlos, I lol'd.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    I want to know if wlib go offline again, will we still play the blocks or bricks game ? I love that Game
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    it was funny until about that last post.
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Btw, I would have love to see their face when they saw the forum there.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    issues
  • Xx
    Xx wrote:
    i even thought it was beacause of my profile pic...sorry guys
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    @Lily then change it :P
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I checked. We've seen worse.
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    We are going to become a bit more strict on profile images and discussions about certain stuff. But this take down did not have anything to do with your profile image or any other content on this website :)
  • Rachel
    Rachel wrote:
    We are really bad...

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    No one was bad. If anyone chose to read the notification that we put up, you'd have seen that it was in cooperation with the CIIIRC campaign.

It's an ongoing official campaign designed to eradicate questionable online elements. Servers are being checked, and the sweep has nothing to do with specific websites.

Any talk of blocking, censorship and similar topics will be deleted. WLIB is not a platform where people rail about official policies. You can do so your own risk of account termination.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I do like the way Rachel said "we are really bad" ... as far as "videos" are concerned, all freebie TV series are out, is that correct?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Incorrect. See Joakim's statement above.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

He only said that "video will be back" ... my question is whether tv series will come back or whether they are out, and that was not mentioned ...
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Video will be back, including TV series.
  • Alex
    Alex wrote:
    Well it may sounds a bit unfair controlling topics or thoughts, but we have to play according to the rules avoiding annoying impacts.
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    hoho, welcome back
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Mention government policies again, Alex and Maria, and we'll terminate both of your accounts.
  • Alex
    Alex wrote:
    Pete...I guess I dropped the ball
    My bad ;)
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    No problem. Consult the Terms & Conditions below should you need a reminder of what is and isn't permissible on this website.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    At Maria:

WLIB has no obligation to be polite when users jeopardize the legality of this service by using it as a platform to criticize official government policy.

So pretty please, with a sugar on top, refrain from objectionable discussions.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    I consult the terms & conditions below, and I have no idea what kind of words here are disobeying your rules. Could you kindly elaborate it? Better to make an example. Thanks!
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    Why are you deleting my posts??? I said nothing about govenment's policies!

I only critise your behaviour! You are scared of my remarks towards you???
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Read through the Terms & Conditions again to see how open discussion and criticism of official policy can be seen as a violation of local rules regarding online conduct.

Thanks for your understanding. If you have any other questions, feel free to send us a PM.
  • Alex
    Alex wrote:
    I do understand the terms & conditions, and I would say they are fair.
    By the way, my goal here is quite different from raising controversies.

On the other hand, Maria is pretty right. I let my two cents:
    Pete once you hold this position into this website, be polite and treat people respectfully....by definition, that's the best and smarter way to achieve your goals.

Take care guys, and have a great week
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    WLIB has respect for our users. However, after taking part in an official campaign designed to eradicate questionable online elements (which is still ongoing, by the way) we have to restrict discussion on this particular subject for obvious reasons.

If anyone has any questions, you're free to contact me privately for elaboration.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    Pete DeMola, I checked again the Terms & Conditions, there's no single rule about "
    how open discussion and criticism of official policy can be seen as a violation of local rules regarding online conduct"

Maybe my eyesight is not very good, could you tell me where the exact place I could find those rules? Thanks again! (such as the section and which line)
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    As I said, Maria, you're free to discuss this privately with me. For now:

"You may not use the Bloc Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose"

It's illegal and certainly unauthorized to discuss issues of free speech and criticize official government policy.

and

"We may, but shall have no obligation to, remove Materials that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes or violates any partys intellectual property or other proprietary rights or these Terms of Service"

Which means that we (WLIB) have the right to delete these threads:

Hope this clears things up. Feel free to use the site in a non-threatening way.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    Pete, I will discuss this privately with you later, but before that, I have right to clarify my thoughts in this thread. I hope you could respcet that.

No one disrespects this website! My original posts here ( which are deleted by you)
    are just kindly suggest you guys to make a clearer regulations about this forum otherwise it's not fair to blame your users' inappopriate words.

I said NOTHING about critisizing specific goverment's policies this mornign!

"You may not use the Bloc Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose."

What is illegal or unauthorized? too vague! I don't think my words are illegal in China based on all Chinese laws. "unauthorized", by whom? you? or government?
    What's the criterion? no idea at all.

"We may, but shall have no obligation to, remove Materials that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes or violates any partys intellectual property or other proprietary rights or these Terms of Service"

Of course you have the right to delete any post you want, terminate any account you want, and you can do it totally based on your subjective judgement. You are the one who has the power. The only thing I can do is to obey you, not suggest, not blame, not critisize you...

Pete, I'm angry this morning. I like this website, paticularly this forum. I do respcet all the regulations and rules here. I only complain about those rules are not clear enought for your users. That' it!

Again, I don't like your attitude at all. You make people very uncomfortable!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    In case you are unaware of the current climate, there is an official sweep underway to purify objectionable online content in which servers are being analyzed throughout the country.

I apologize if you think that we are being too severe and/or restrictive, but we cannot take any chances by allowing content that can in any way, shape or form be construed as threatening to the authorities, whether unintentional or otherwise.

As I continue to say, feel free to contact me privately with any additional questions or concerns.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Pete ... looks like I had missed a few posts here yesterday ... anyway, as you might recall, I work in the insurance field, and I had previously discussed about the social security legislation and medical system (and policy) in China, ... is that allowed?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.