Discussion » Food & Drink » Any good place to go on Christmas eve

• Lily Wang
    Lily Wang wrote:
    Any nice place for dinner or interesting events in Beijing?
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    same requirement, waiting...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

SImilar ... more than likely going out to dinner ... but have not chosen any hotel yet, any suggestion out there?
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Same, still don't know what to do, and I have no family there ;____;
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Aurélien ... you might want to join the other discussion, but it looks like you need to bring a partner? Hee hee ....

http://www.weliveinbeijing.com/discussion/thread.rails?Tid=1000001839

Oh, here's an idea ... maybe WLIB can organize some single's night for Xmas eve?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Most of us (WLIB) probably won't be here for Christmas Eve.

Clubs and the luxury hotels will have things going on, ranging from all you can eat buffets in the three digits to Santa-themed dance floor action. 

MAO Live House has a promising holiday-themed show that night, as does 2 Kolegas, where DH & the Chinese Hellcats will ring in the holiday with old-timey 1920s swing music.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Actually, one of the girls in WLIB works in a hotel, and she told me about their Xmas dinner ... think it was Crowne or Intercontinental ... the price is quite steep though ...
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Wont be hard to find a partner... :P
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    you guys got out of the rubric again ! .......................(point DD)
  • Rachel
    Rachel wrote:

my friend and i are trying to hold and arrange a party in a friend's restaurant.

• Mai Quant
    Mai Quant wrote:

If someone just wants a good party after dinner Infected Mushroom will be at GT Banana on the 24th

• Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    hey Mai come on ! you made AD in here !!!!
    but yes we like it lol
    so have any idea celebrate Xmas at GT ?
  • Serena
    Serena wrote:
    i don't want to go hotel it's very boring
    can we find some special place?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Stella, wherever you go, just make sure that I am not there ...

Christmas ... it's like Chinese New Year ... family, and friends, get together for a nice dinner, maybe some presents etc ... ok, it is boring ... hahaha ...
  • Serena
    Serena wrote:
    @叮当: (*^__^*) my family not here and friends so few they will go home with
    family
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Stella ... Sabina is organising dinner party, maybe you could go with Aurélien? Heehee ...
  • Bobo
    Bobo wrote:
    i prefer to go out after 10pm at Xmas eve.....because there will have to be horrible traffic jams in beijing......
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    I reckon ZETA will be a good place to start. 200 kuai gets you free drinks till midnight... after that, it's anybody's guess.
  • Serena
    Serena wrote:
    @叮当: yep i will attend sabina 's party
    Aurélien? hehee maybe good idea!~~ 
    but need more people it will lively!~
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha, Stella, I am afraid I am too old and you guys are too lively ... actually, I have meant to try the Marco Polo hotel since last Xmas, since we are only 10 min walk away ... maybe I should go and check out the price and menu tomorrow ...
  • Serena
    Serena wrote:
    @叮当: yep haha but are sure hotel very well place we go
    hey i work for hotel
    er maybe they have special programs
    hey you're not too old haha !~
    to maintain a young heart !~
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Stella, which hotel?
  • Serena
    Serena wrote:
    Fairmont Beijing o(∩_∩)o...
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    Bed
  • Lily Wang
    Lily Wang wrote:
    If there is no family in the town, maybe I should gether some friends to have fun...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... cannot remember where I first heard this, but it is said that no one should be alone on Christmas eve ... if you are living in the same town with your family, try to be with them ... or if not, or if they are not into Christmas, get some friends together ... no need to have any wild party, that's not what Christmas is for, so leave it till 31st Dec, just a warm and comfortable Christmas dinner, with a tree, pudding and cream ...
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    the Question is still not answered...oh God These WLIB People are so funny...Me and my country mates are going to Waangfujing from 22:00 and probably will be at HouHai as well....[but I still believe u guys who have been in Beijing for long could give us some advice on really good places, preferably outside around beautifully decorated places..where they sell funny things outside]
  • Cuteangelalice
    well..... i need find somebody being my partner... :P someone free ?
    ajajajajajajaja

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.