Staffordshire Bull Terrier

West Highland White Terrier

Yorkshire Terrier

• Lin Dalan
    Lin Dalan wrote:

my dog needs a girlfriend. how much?

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Rent a dog...for what? Oh, damn it, I got some really dirty whim...面壁去了...
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    a funny scene happened 5 years ago:

A(Male): @#%%##@%
    B(Female): Wooow! how can you say that?! You're sooo dirty!
    A(Male): So you got what I mean? then you're dirty, too~~

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    actually i don't...what is it?
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Poor dogs...
  • Winnie
    Winnie wrote:
    i think it's a great marketing strategy to have renting services.
    see, there are a lot of ppl that would love to have dogs as pets but they do not know much about different breeds. this renting services may give them a better idea about dogs so they know what they really want.
    for example, i always thought i loved beagle the most. my friend has one and i loved to go walk her dog(if i paid, that's renting right?) then i realized im so sure if i want beagle cos beagles are too energitic and playful.
    i love playful dogs but i they are too strong for me. so now i think i would want a golden retrevor. to know if i really want one, renting service would be good for me to know their characters.
    or for some ppl, they think they can take care of dogs. but they cant. renting gives them to chance to see how different everyday can be if they have one.
    i'd say there's quite a market for that. it's smart
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

What's with the deletions in this thread? Is dog-renting a hush-hush thing here?

And I'm amazed that in world where prostitution is practised in the vast majority of cultures, whoring out dogs seems so surprising!

• 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    I've seen many crazy threads and posts in this forum, but this one is still beyond my imagination.

Dogs are very special animals as we all know because they can show such a strong emotion towards people. Dogs care about us, accompany us, protect us, happy for what we laugh, sad for what we cry.

I read a story in newspaper a couple of days ago. An Eastern European old man died, and his dog has been staying around his cemetery for about five years. The cemetery doorman pity this dog and built a small place for him, hoping he could spend chilly winter there, but that dog refused the doorman's goodwill, continuing to accompany his deceased master around his graveyard.

Maybe some people would like to know different kinds of dogs' characteristics before making final decisions of raising certain dog. Maybe they feel lonely and they need some companionship, but at the same time, they don't want to take the responsibility to look after their dogs for a long time. No matter for what reasons, it's not right to just consider our people's own convenience and ignore animals' emotional needs and treat them just as a lifeless toy which could be dumped in any minute.

Selfishness is one of human beings' natures. That nature will make humans survive in this world, but that nature will also make this world not worth surviving.

People always say anything could happen in China. I guess they are right, sadly right.
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    I strongly suggest administrator to delete this post and the other renting dog post...
    It is too cruel.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    My dog will be fostered to relative while i leave Beijing.
    LZ if you want I can rent him at the period. lol
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:

I wouldn't mind renting a peer blooded german attack dog from time to time. It would help keep the street children away in sanlitun.

• DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    I love dogs.

They taste delicious
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

This isn't a new concept. Folks in Los Angeles and NYC have been doing this for years.

I agree with Winnie: this is entrepreneurialism at it's finest. Let the free market decide if it's a good idea or not, and save the moral outrage for something a bit more deserving.

• Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Are we allowed to eat them?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

I would think the consumption of the rented canine would result in compensation to the agency. Better go to the animal shelter and select one slated for euthanasia.

But, on the other hand, it is getting cold out, which means that the season of the dog is upon us.

Had some great puppy soup in Seoul recently, actually. There's a great restaurant in Wudaokou that has it, as does the Korean restaurant next to Annie's in SOHO Xiandaichang.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Puppies? Umm...taste good. But as the poor breed is also considered pets by us, it will be better if there exists related regulations, demanding that all dogs for eating must be raised industrialized, like how we raise other livestocks, and punishing those who steal others' pets for eating of selling for eat purpose
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Of course, Da Fan.

But before those regulations go into effect, I'm coming over to your parent's house and making off with their shitzu!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Pete, you never failed to surprise ... anyway, just wondering, I had never tried it before, what does it taste like? Similar to beef or pork or lamb, or in a class of its own?
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    hahaha, both of them are big fan of suck-to-core computer games, and Im happy with this situation:) Buy them a shitzu? the poor creature will die of starving...
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

I'd put it alongside donkey and venison (deer).

Gamey, bold and rich.

• Vera Luo
    Vera Luo wrote:
    ??? are they teart them well ???
    hope every dog lucky
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Well, I'll take their shitzu and boil it in broth alongside some chili peppers and onions.

Half joking.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    have a try, Dingdang, then you will get the answer. Actually, not that special, so I won't intentionally eat them, unless someone treat me some times~
  • Winnie
    Winnie wrote:
    i tried one piece! nothing special!
    back in school, every year, belgain students from that school we have a partnership with came visit and always wanted to try dog meat. that's when i tried it.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Used to see a shop when I go past Xi Dan, opp Bank of China, but never stopped to try ...

Another question, assuming it is real dog meat, does it really warm you up in winter?

Off topic ... but lamb works better in winter ...
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Have you heard of the best delicious food r dragon meat aethereally & donkey meat at earth??well . joking ! I dont support meat person sometimes. :P
    you know some pups meat is fake in part of restaurant. and you guys could be have a try eat some fake meat from bean curd.
    dogs is really cute pet pls dont hurt and eat them anymore!! :(
    ~~~~~ just pass by here.. no comment.....................
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    In the town I used to live in, Hebei's Baoding, there was a dog market next door to my apartment. They were mainly selling dogs as pets, but every Saturday morning they would sell all the old, unhealthy and unwanted dogs to the local peasant's.

The horrifying thing was they used to slaughter and skin and cut up the dogs by the road in full view from my apartment.

I'm not trying to be moral or complain, but it was just such a shock to see it happening.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    "This isn't a new concept. Folks in Los Angeles and NYC have been doing this for years."

Now I see where this genius entrepreneur thought comes from.

We copy Facebook, Google, Youtube, now renting dog business?

Great! Keep following American creative ideas!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Shino: I still think you're warped.

Richard: I used to live in Baoding, as well, from Nov 2005 to June 2006.
  • Anthony
    Anthony wrote:
    pet time with out the carrying the burden of owner ship. I believe if the rent-a-pets are treated well, it benefits them to have contact with us. I personally would love a dog but they need require care and exercise and time that I can't provide but it would be cool to take pluto for a spin around the park now and then.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.