Discussion » Travel » Plans go to HK at the middle ten days of this mont

• Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Need write down purchase list within CNY 5k~15k at Dec15th- 28th
    how to put my hand to do??????

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Have I told you I came from HK? Look for me on MSN and QQ if you want ... does it need to be middle of this month? Most of the sale dont start until Xmas ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

I need to make dinner soon, and you had gone offline on QQ ... I will tell you what I know (or remember)... cause they might be useful for other people too ...

Mid Dec, i.e. pre-Christmas, is usually not a very good time for bargains in HK, because sale normally starts as it gets closer to Christmas ...

A budget of 15k can be a lot, but it can also be not much at all, depending on what items are on your list and where you stays (hence where you shops) ...

For example, in May 07, I took my wife to the Prada outlet store and she got herself a pair of high heels (from last season) for HKD1500, about 50% of original price ... the store is located in an apartment block at Ap Lei Chau, an little island just outside Aberdeen ... I used to work there for 4 years, and I had trouble finding the place myself ...

Example two ... on the same island (I suggest you taking a taxi ride), but well hidden inside a factory building, is the outlet of Lane Crawford, as well as Max Mara (MM is probably too mature for your taste) ...

Then, there is the food ... that is if you enjoy dining out or eating some very special restaurants ... the list is too long for this forum ... but 许留山 is a must go ...

Other than shopping and eating, there are, of course, also Disney Land and Ocean Park ... or if you like to get some good fortune, there is 车公庙 and 黄大仙 ...

• Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    dingdang is real nice guy !!! :P
    thanks so much !!!

I'll go Harbour city;Sogo;telford plaza;Time square;taikoo shing;grancille road
    cosmetic is must be bought:
    such as:Dior;chanel&sofina(heard of no discount in HK recently)YSL;bodyshop;cd;Annas sui;dollygirl;red earth;max factor;benefit;talika;avene;EL;SK;kiehl's;La prairie;h2o;helena rubinstein;dhc...................................(not enough not enough hahaaa)...................(crazy) maybe now I need more rich bf (haha just joking)

er....wow so many brand i want to purchase lol
    (TMD败家玩意)i know I know!!
    so now I need to split details !!!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

There is a level 9 on Sogo, you will need to take the elevator outside the store and wait in the queue ... they sometimes have special sales on that floor ...

Time square ... that depends what you want, for example, the stock of Zara in Hong Kong is very different from Zara in Beijing, it might be worth your time having a look ...

Not sure why you had included Taikoo, because it is very similar to Joy City in Xi Dan but with apartments and office buildings, kind of like Soho, and after going to Time Square, you might find Taikoo quite so so ... but it is a big place, so if you enjoy getting really lost, then it is ok ...

Harbour City? OK, there is a shop in Harbour City that often has bargain for major brands, including Prada and Salvatore Ferragamo, so if that's why you want to go ... last time we went to Macau, we went for a walk there and my mother bought a pair of Ferragamo for my wife ... as for Telford, it is in a lower class than Taikoo, and I recommend you not to waste time there, unless you have any reasons ...

As for Granville Road (not Grancille Road), again, it depends what you want to buy ...

After hearing you mentioned Taikoo, Telford and Granville Road, I am surprised that you did not mention 女人街 and Longham ... or even Temple Street ...

Yes ... for the girls, Body Shop is a must, great for getting your own things, as well as getting souveniors (small bottles of lotion or oil) for your friends in Beijing ...

YSL? I dont remember seeing YSL in Hong Kong, it is an old classic brand, and most of YSL is now made in China ...

Red Earth ... make sure you check if you can get a membership card from them and/or Esprit, if you have not got one already ... that card will get you discount from Red Earth and Esprit from all over SE Asia, unless they have changed the rules ...

If you have any ideas, feel free to let me know ... my sister is actually in Hong Kong now until next month, I can ask her about anything I dont know ...
  • 张翯
    张翯 wrote:
    ISA, MIlan station, Sasa, 牛奶公司
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Three other places came up when I was having shower this morning ... another good place I usually came up with great ideas is the toilet ... I am a water element kind of person ...

1. apm - it is in Kwun Tong, and it is a HIP place (is "HIP" still an "in" word?) ... but there is also an "apm" in Wang Fu Jing, so it might not be too attractive to you

2. ifc Mall - one of the two HK Airport Express stations, this one is in Central, the island side

3. Elements (圆方) - the second of the HK Airport Express stations, this one is in Jordan, the peninsula side ...

As I said, there is also an "apm" in Wang Fu Jing, so it might not be very exciting for you ... as for the other two, try to think of Guo Mao mixed with Pacific Mall, and then you have teh "ifc" and "Elements"

Speaking of Central, you might want to go to Landmark (many luxury brands around that place, but the place is getting old) ... as well as and Pacific Place in Admiralty (OK, the Chinese name of PP is 太古广场, so if that was what you meant when you said "Taikoo", then I agree you should go) ...

There is also a Sogo on the Kowloon side, and it is an "underground" shop, attached to Tsim Sha Tsui station, close to the Sherton and the Peninsula ...

OK ... I think all these should keep most girls very busy for one week ... if you need more info, feel free to ask, or you can definitely find them on the web ...

Having said that ... I dont think 15k (HKD or RMB) would be enough ... hahahaha ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Sorry ... typo:

I meant "Sheraton" ...
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    wow look ...DD what a nice guy in here!!!!! :D last night I was list on the paper what I want buy. so now I just need depend on your said to do.
    Anyways Dingdang Its kind of you!!! I'll write down in my cell for demand. and when i get there also asking you on this tip.
    many thanks :-)
    haha

Thanks again!!!! ;-p
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    @Girls
    I get idea.......... is organise ppl together plan to HongKong go shopping next year in discount season!!! we might purchase overflow and cheaper real famous brand stuffs. Maybe most of us could haggle over price hence avoid immoderating expense. otherwise we also take cheaper tix(air ticket) if enough ppl.
    PS: Collecting VIP cards of brand: Everyone better provide your brand card of the membership sharing so that we can purchase low cost & high quality things so as to our resource maximize.
    ...Aha that's harilous..I just start thinking.................
    ......hopes of this is a favoring point. Any suggest feel free offer here.
    ~.~
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    I don't know if any of you wrote this.... but in my opinion the coolest (and FREE) thing in HK is the light show.... check it out if you haven't before, you won't be dissapointed! Just make sure to bring a handsome guy w/u.....
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    @Shane : I have been HK before , I just meant I prepare for looking for some people who love shopping with me to (purchase cosmetic,clothing and discount merchandise that's all) go shopping in HK at next year. whoever girls or boys. heehee
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    more ppl more better. never mind . lol
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Sorry guys, I better set up a new topic lest should misunderstand my meant.
    Let's restart the topic as below: (forgot above said )
    New : "I get idea.......... is organise ppl together plan to HongKong go shopping next year in discount season!!! we might purchase overflow and cheaper real famous brand stuffs. Maybe most of us could haggle over price hence avoid immoderating expense. otherwise we also take cheaper tix(air ticket) if enough ppl.
    PS: Collecting VIP cards of brand: Everyone better provide your brand card of the membership sharing so that we can purchase low cost & high quality things so as to our resource maximize.
    ...Aha that's harilous..I just start thinking.................
    ......hopes of this is a favoring point. Any suggest feel free offer here"
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... want to "haggle" in Hong Kong? You girls need to be careful ... maybe we need to organise a special training session for this ...

Agree with Shane ... the Christmas lights on most major streets and shopping areas (Nathan Road, TST Star Ferry, Central, Admiralty, Time Square, Causeway Bay) are fantastic during such joyful time of the year ...

Another one ... because fire works is deemed illegal in Hong Kong, so the fire works show across the harbour becomes a very special event during Chinese New Year (the second day, 年初二)... I think there is also one on 1st July since 1997, to commemorate the return of HK SAR ...

As for discount ... some banks in HK are "associated" with many shops and restaurants with great discounts ... including HSBC and BoC, do some homework to find that out, and maybe get a China credit card from that bank before going to HK, you might get some nice surprises ...

Also, membership cards of some brands can be used in both China and Hong Kong ...

Merry Christmas
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    yep DingDang, I spend Usd bought stuff by using credit card better than cash of in mainland exchange, calculated the rate.
    cheers \(^o^)/~ Merry Xmas

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.