Discussion » Art & Design » Elephant Animation

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    I just animated an elephant for some client (funny project). It's done frame by frame and took about 7 hours to finish =) Check it out and et me know what you think ^^

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

a cynicism elephant :)

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

I'm going to advocate using this elephant as the WLIB mascot. Just put him on various pages, swinging his trunk back and forth with that bored look on his face.

It'll be awesome.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    its gesture and "lack of toenails" make me feel like its legs were sharply cut and removed, haha. Nice one, but why it took you 7 hours?
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    >It's done frame by frame and took about 7 hours to finish
    >It's done frame by frame
    >frame by frame

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Hey, I see its done frame by frame ok? but I'm just not so familiar with flash.
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    It took 7 hours because of:

1. Brief from client
    2. A bunch of Sketches
    3. Draw elephant in vector
    4. Animate trunk - basically means drawing the trunk about 30 times.
    5. Feedback and Changes
    6. Prepare files so the After Effects guys in back in Norway can use it.

I've actually overseen toenails. I'll add that tomorrow, haha.
  • Veronica Skagen
    @Kent - can cut and paste right? and not drawing it like 30 times 30 times right?
  • Serena
    Serena wrote:
    hey i see its done
    may i ask question

why the elefant do not laugh

It makes me feel a little sense of distance( sorry i do not understand very well fo it)
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    Ong Vince: No cut and paste, the trunk is drawn frame by frame - like in old disney movies :-)

Stella: Since the elephant is "the big elephant in the room" (like the known expression) reprenting the environmental problem - it has to have a grumpy "what do you want?" attitude. This is what the client ordered.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.