Discussion » Nonsense » About the word "Unfriend"

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:

I read from the paper the other day, that this word will be included in the latest edition of Webster, and I am curious ...

Q: Do you "unfriend" people on SN sites, like WLIB, FB etc? How about your IM, like MSN or QQ?

Personally ...

I dont go to FB much, especially since July, but most of my friends in FB are people that I know in real life (10+ years), so I dont unfriend in FB ... however, I would often do this on other SN sites (including WLIB), as well as on my IM on a regular basis ...
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

Yes. But I am just the opposite compared to ur reaction.

I unfriend(ed) my ex in Kaixin001, Douban, Facebook and MSN when we broke up. I unfriend(ed) my boss and some of my colleague in MSN when I left the ex-job.I also unfriend certain friends(once I took them as friends) when something happen between our friendship or relationship.

It happens just like we say goodbye to someone. U dont like them any more, u dont have to pretend u like them any more, so just unfriend them.That's because u have real emotional connection with them, so it is easier to feel crack, finally lead to unfriending.

In the case of people I know from cyber world only, normally if he/she doesn't make me feel too much annoying, I dont unfriend them. even if I was annoyed, just simly no reply or ignore them, no need to delete them.

But I guess not everyone is the same in this point.

• Ruby Cai
    Ruby Cai wrote:
    i agree vs Yuki, sometimes i jst lazy to Unfriend them, heheh...let them stay wher they r..
  • Renée Lok
    Renée Lok wrote:

It happens just like we say goodbye to someone. U dont like them any more, u dont have to pretend u like them any more, so just unfriend them.That's because u have real emotional connection with them, so it is easier to feel crack, finally lead to unfriending.

agree!

I blocked and deleted my ex-bf on Msn.plus blocked him on QQ.I think why sometimes do that just because you still care about the person.If not.you will just let it be.it doesn't bother you anymore no matter they can see you online or offline.

• Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    on SN sites like here, I don't have a lot of friends to "unfriend" actually...don't bother adding them cause i've already got over that "meeting ppl online crash" process long time ago...And in real life i have colleagues, classmates,companies of all sorts of occasions. We talk on MSN O FB at times. Then 3,4 real friends left after all these years. feeling lucky never take them for granted really. Mingle with ppl can be exhausting...and my work has done enough that for me..so. Really no point for me to unfriend here i guess i am just too outdated..lol.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

I wish it was easy to unfriend people in "real life."

"Hey, John. It's Pete. I'm unfriending you now. No hard feelings. We just don't have much in common anymore, and to be frank, I just don't like you. Hope you understand."

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    Pete, Sheryl,

You could just do that in real life... see what happens!

Yeah I know Pete, you probably would/have....
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... disown family or relatives? Parents disowning kids is nothing new, I have heard of kids "divorcing" parents, can anyone explain to me how that actually works?

My mother tried disowning her brothers, when they did not pay back the money they borrowed, but it did not work out too well ... due to involvement from the grand ...

Maybe I misunderstood what is "unfriend", but I think unfriend in real life is do-able ... I just silently "delete" them from mobile (and any other contact list), like on any SN sites or IM ... i.e. if you stop contacting them or replying them, most of them should disappear ... with "most of them", I was referring to those smarter ones or the "thin-skin" ones, but you will find some egg heads with really thick skin still stick around no matter ... hahaha, I know, because I am one of those, or I was ... hahaha
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

"Hey, Carlos Lindsey. I'm unfriending you now. No hard feelings. We just don't have much in common anymore, and to be frank, I just don't like you. Hope you understand."

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    No hard feelings, I added you by mistake so best to clear the air...

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Looks like someone has daddy issues.

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    I tried to disown my father a few years back but it never worked out...
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    Pete and Carlos, sorry to hear what happened between you two...:P

It seems that I can never be your cameraman. What a pity!
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    Don't worry Maria. He'll come crawling back
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    If you can't disown your parents, maybe you can own them?

'Hey, Dad. What's up? I OWN you!'
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Maria, I'm sorry to hear what happened with you recently, as well.

Sniff sniff. You'll get over it, babe.

• 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    Dear Pete, I'm still sniffing, sniffing... The woman I love most just disappeared from my life.

Go crawling back to Carlos! Prove to me there is a thing called "true love" among homosexual.
  • Saint - Spartacus
    the most i gived was a girl and finally she hurt me the most deeply ,i remember to waiting her at midnight so long for nothing , all promise broken , i have no choise but
    leave, just so fear that she lie to me again .... then another gilr tell me i'm crazy , cause no girl can do so much for another girl as you aren't lesbien , but i am , why not ...

then , i fear of the girls who were easy going , so easy to pick you trust and so easy to throw you away in anytime ...

• MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    as I know 'Unfriend' is the most popular word in 2009, but I never met it in my life.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

I'm not referring to a woman disappearing from your life, Maria. You can continue stretching out a dead joke, which is fine. Or I can start a new ongoing "joke":

At least I don't send 30-40 messages to Carlos. Should I say more, or do you get the point?

• 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    Pete, it seems that you've known what happens between I and Carlos :P

Don't worry, he's not interested in women at all. (He said that before)

Carlos is a good guy. He's just too sensitive about tiny things. I hope some guy will cherish him cause it's worth.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.