Discussion » Nonsense » why european penple don't care about marriage anym

• Saint - Spartacus
    Saint - Spartacus wrote:
    pourquoi les européen ne crois plus le marriage
    there's a research from United Nations Economic Commission of the world, and the report is , in europ , the percentage of marriage cut down 20% in recently 10 years , so how's going the developement of the society and the humain ideologie?
    cause people likes new way life , new wave in life , then so ironic result comes out in the normal life motion ,in my eyes,it's funny to see people live free in no matter which way .... ,the believe become shorter and shorter ... comes those self-centered generalization
  • Saint - Spartacus

such a question , not many people like to face to ... so serious ,people like more game stuff  than face to a problematic subject ...  so why we are in a wondeful  "morden" society "now " !!! !!!

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

Marriage has been a largely outdated concept for a long time. Glad to see people waking up to that fact.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

A few young people in China (post 80) that I know have already divorced, and a few others (also post 80) are afraid of getting married because they are afraid of getting divorce like their friends did ... so I dont think this is not just a European thing ...

I have not met too many European people to comment, but the general pattern I have seen:

1. When faced with an issue before getting married, it is easy to just split and go each other's way
    2. When faced with an issue after getting married, it just takes a signature to make the split legal, so it is no big deal

My conclusion is that ... some people (not everyone, of course, and I make no distinction between age or race or country) prefer to concentrate more on the personal level, such as work (career) and pleasure and finding a meaning in their individual lives, but when faced with an issue involving another person, they chose to leave instead of fixing it ...

One classic case ... I knew a couple from Hong Kong (both HK Chinese, around my age) who had lived together for 5+ years before they got married, but the marriage did not last for 2 years ... it bugs me till todate what went wrong ...
  • Saint - Spartacus

well , the movement  influence from one part to another, obviously the more developed area the more agreed  to such a no marriage party,but more fear for the futur and less believe, so why fashion people let things be, and less people get the willing to think  to insiste, that's why NO FUTUR become popular and couverd more and more area ...

it's sth like a epidemic

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

What are the differences between be-together and marriage?

To some extend, marriage is just a fragile paper. Better thinking about Chinese ourselves, we lose faith and loyalty far easier than European.

U say funny, it is more funny for me to see most of our Chinese squeeze ourselves into a marriage no matter it is related to love or not,  once they are older than 26. Why are we so afraid of being  alone? or what kind of certainty and security do we need from such a paper ?

• Fin
    Fin wrote:
    Well, I totally agree with Ashley that marriage is a big thing in one's life,and thanks him because I am one of the women who do not bow to my family and insist in searching the Mr. Right. Though I don't think that Mr,R will be romatic or ever-elusive.No,never! I think people should be married when he or she know that life is always tough and unhappy, find out that no one in the world is perfect, you can change nobody but yourself and you can depend on onbody but yourself. The most important is that you have the one, who you want to spend your life with, just because you cannot leave this guy. This relationship can be somehow replace the relationship between you and your parents. At this time, I will chose the one to be my life partner. Well ,different people have different standards. As to marriage, people get more cautious and serious, so I don't think the rate of marriage geting lower is a totally bad news. Maybe the times gives our life some new conceptions, some new issues to think about, and more life styles that you can chose. At last, I have to admit sometimes I am really afraid to share the risk and the responsibility in a marriage. I will do the right thing when I am ready, not just marry someone with passion and impulsion, never think of what else I should to face, see, at the end, when you can't bear the duty and mass, you are not strong enough to continue, the relationship would finish with so much hurts. No, that's not what I want.
  • Cathleen
    Cathleen wrote:
    of course..marriage is not a paper..i believe marriage means much more responsibility. the obvious difference between cohabitation and marriage is the relationship of "partner" or "family". it is easy to get rid of everything when people r living together...but i dont think it is easy for married people...
    i have no voice to say more about marriage,because i am not married. but i do believe it is stupid to get married, no matter 26 or 62, if people r afraid of being responsible.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    I don't believe in God and Communism, but I do believe in the concepts as follows:

True love; happy marriage; loving family.

I'm willing and glad to be brainwashed by those concepts so as to achieve MY happiness.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Dumb question ... who thinks that marriage is just about a piece of paper?

Well, some of us certainly do ... news about wives disappearing after gaining the "hu kou" (or in the case of overseas, the citizenship), is nothing new ... even worse when there is a child involved ...

However, for the majority (Ashley said two-third, right?) ... marriage is not just a piece of paper ...

• Caroline
    Caroline wrote:

Cos we europeans like to sleep around :D And real answer to this question is living alone is less expensive than supporting a family. Also we migrate a lot inside the uropean union so there no way to set up a family in this conditions.

• NN
    NN wrote:
    Even it is TOGETHER FOREVER,I still wanted the marriage happened inbetween
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    no intention to speak out my attitude toward marriage, just want to say: marriage had nothing to do with truth, its all abt choice. It's not a inborn attribute of human, just a choice of the majority in the past, then custom formed, bringing about influence to the followers. And, as people's choice change, any custom is not fixed~
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Good luck with this one : )  I have escaped getting married twice.  It may all be in my head, but whew In both cases It was  a good idea to get out before I was in too deep.  Where are the good ladies?  Not where I was looking I know that much lol.

• Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    Cause ppl are highly addicted to caffeine,cigaretts,drugs, easy tease and flirt,one night stand... However marriage is usually considered as cure of all those.
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

"Marriage is usually considered as cure of all those."

can hardly agree with this one. I found just the opposite.

• Cathleen
    Cathleen wrote:
    negative...
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    Yuki, I should have said that more clearly..lol..I think i was referring to the notion of a normal healthy marriage. There are ppl's lives that will be always screwed up with or without marriage. And by screwed-up i'm not saying the need of certain high is pure evil. I mean drug abuse and something that is an indulgence rather than a necessity.
  • Saint - Spartacus

i 've a friend ,i just can't understand his family, as he have one father , but he have 8 mother and 9 brother ...And it's seems always he is the most happy man in the class in his apparence, that makes me think about some japenese animation films, as a sorte of prophet

if the freendom can really give such a happeness , i totly give up to live in this type of society, of course, as china grow up and focus en europe,  the unusual thing become usual, but if our "new-age people " think it's a road to catch up the European life , well done ...

whatever things change,conscious change...i hope so

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

“也有人既能工作的好,也能把家里的孩子照顾的好,太强了,那种属于万能母亲。”

老女人Dati,孩子是生了,就是不结婚。人还是很靚,虽然被萨科齐炒了,但是还是个不小的政治人物。不过是不是能照顾好孩子就不知道了。

• DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    If they legalise civil partnerships for straight people I might try one of those.
  • Saint - Spartacus
    civil partnerships? you means a relationship type of "one with several " ?
    like the mormons?
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    No. What I mean is in the UK if two homosexual people want to get "Married" they can have a "Civil Partnership". Technically it's not marriage but they get all the benefits of being married like tax breaks etc.

It's only for gay people though. A man and a woman aren't allowed one. :(

• Saint - Spartacus
    i totally agree with you in this point but i also like No Differance between strait and homo

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.