Discussion » Nonsense » How can I make friends with the foreigners here?

• Jack许宇峰
    Jack许宇峰 wrote:
    How can I make friends with the foreigners here?
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    The same way you make friends with other people. This is not usually by telling them "I want to be friends", or by trying to use them to learn English.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... someone said "use them"? Interesting ...
  • Saint - Spartacus

i never succeed to make foreign friends when i was in china, as they say , i ask so directely " can we be friends ?"  as a foolish, but , i think it's so hard to have a really chance to aproche them if  we don't in the same context ,

use , yeah , i remember there are some korea used me before , so i become their lead for those viste stuff

but i think the europen also fear such thing if you ask them directly ,

so complicated ...

• Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    Be yourself, i guess...-O-

or with online banking service you can always bribe them.

• Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    You should probably disguise yourself to sneak among them. Or, go to a bar, have a few beer with them, talk to them and do the same every once in a while like... friends!
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    I'll be your friend if you pay me :-D
  • Ikevenson
    Ikevenson wrote:
    give out free Blowjobs to people like 莫明
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    cheap foreigners weill settle for a handjob... or just say hi.
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

Asking to be someones friend is not only sad, it's downright socially awkward and will make the other person very uncomfortable.

Here are some other tips on making friends (not just with foreigners, but anyone):

1.Don't be clingy. You don't need to call or message your "friends" every day.

2.Don't call before noon unless you know that person is awake and not busy.

3. If the person in question doesn't like the same things you do, forget about it.

4. Don't ask "dead end questions" with yes or no answers. ie. "Do you like Chinese food?"

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Do not think about it so much!  If you have things in common you will become friends if you hang out.  You cannot become friends with foreigners if you do not hang out among them.  I have also never been able to build a real friendship with someone who asked me to become his/her friend haha! 

You can make friends with foreigners the same way you make friends with Chinese or any other person lol.  Just be yourself :P

Hint:  Do not be a nerd like me and you will make tons of friends

• DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    My advice - don't aim to get a foreign friend. Aim to get genuine ones regardless of where they come from.

If you state you want a foreign friend, what are your intensions? If it's business you could just go to any one of the networking events around.

If you just want to hangout with foreigners just head down to Sanlitun on a Friday or Saturday. Go loaded with some verbal ammo buy someone a beer and go from there.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    "Aim to get genuine ones regardless of where they come from."
    exactly what i want to say~
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    小玩意儿, 给陌生人口较是你交朋友的方式吗?Sorry but I don't take blow jobs from strangers, I'm afraid of herpes. I prefer cash, business connections, or interesting people.
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    哈哈哈。。。。又有这个帖子。。。。
  • 张翯
    张翯 wrote:
    show your personaility naturally
  • Gavin Mcphee
    Gavin Mcphee wrote:
    just say hi!!
  • John
    John wrote:
    If you were a female I would've suggested sex as an easy way to get in the laowai circle....
  • Miriam Pedersen
    I would try the following approach...

Hi there,

please fill out the following form:

name:
    sex (please stop here, if entered male):
    age (please stop here when entered 35 or above)
    marital status:
    nationality:
    job description:
    interests:
    duration of stay in China:
    mental diseases:
    sexual diseases:
    address:
    cell phone:

Thank you. Don't call me, I call you.

It's quite easy and staightforward. You can basically take the chinese immigration form and modify slightly.
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Humphrey, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss over 35's. Experience counts for a lot.
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    I keep getting messages from strange Chinese men on this site. They just say "hey" or "hi"... hey what? Do I look like I'm GAY? Oh... right
  • MoMo
    MoMo wrote:
    If you are not interested in that person whatever he is a foreigner or a chinese...then just leave them alone.....

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.