Discussion » Nonsense » how many of you guys are English teachers? private

• Mia Cong
    Mia Cong wrote:
    I know you guys are doing a great job invading overwhemlingly into our culture (joke! i love y'all!) what if one day, two teachers (a native English speaker and a local teachers ) are present in the classroom collaboratively carrying on what-they-are-gonna-teach, what'd you say? what's the impact on students and teachers? zero compromise or ultimate sacrifice? i'm waiting patiently for your answer, babes =P
  • Mia Cong
    Mia Cong wrote:
    hiya, you can all chip in, no matter you are a private tutor or a fake posh boffin in a uni whatsoever!
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

My dear Ms. Cong, I've worked with Chinese teachers in the past. It is the Chinese students natural instinct to listen to the Chinese teacher and disregard the laowai, because the Chinese teacher is easier  to understand. The foreigner is basically reduced to being a performing monkey.

I haven't done this at the university level, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be much different.

These days I primarily teach writing, and from what I'm seeing the structure of writing assignments in English is much different than it is Chinese. I don't see how it could be effective to have a Chinese teacher in the classroom.

• Mia Cong
    Mia Cong wrote:
    how come!? i thought students are more into "performing monkey" rather then dull, insipid local teachers! not the other way around..
  • Pomatree
    Pomatree wrote:
    much better, Miss cong, when you change your sex to female, and calling us babes.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.