Discussion » Nonsense » What a decade

• Sheryl Zhong
    Sheryl Zhong wrote:
    Can you believe it, we are almost one decade into the noughties, how depressing

What's the past 10 years for you?

For me, what marks this decade:

1. Beijing Olympics
    2. Obama become the president of the United States
    3. Recession- Iceland as a country went bust, etc etc
    4. Revival of Retro and Indie, OK this one is more personal

For you?
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

1, graduated from a superb highschool and then went to a excellent uni. 2, realized all uni.(sorry, no exception, SARs ones included) sucks, and everything is depend on youself. 3, graduate from uni., then got a seemingly good job, and seemingly do it good 4, realized you had to more or less eat shit if you are paid by others 5, realized bosses eat more shit… … …… 6, be with a beautiful, independent, intellegent girl for years and plan to marry her … …… 7, Beijing Olympics 8, China's SOEs turn to be almighty creepy … …… 9, bought LP's ticket but then they canceled it, bought Oasis's ticket but again they canceled it…thought abt how wonderful it is if i was in UK and got a ticket of MJ but then the guy's fxxking dead! a decade is so long a period, esp. if you are in China…

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

1. August 2000 ... Sydney Olympics
    2. June 2000 ... found a blood clot in my brain ...
    3. April 2002 ... met my wife
    4. July 2003 ... got married
    5. Sept/Oct 2005 ... my wife was transferred to Beijing
    6. Feb 2006 ... came to Beijing
    7. August 2008 ... yeah, Beijing Olympics
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    How did I forget SARS, although what I mentioned before is not SARS, but SARs-HK&Macau, haha

Yeah, SARS is much more frightening than H1N1 in my mind.coz we don't know what it is, and what the consequence is . We know H1N1 for a long time, it's just a type of influenza, with no higher death rate than other sub-types. My collegue once asked me what's the best way to avoid getting affected, my reply was "get affected"...
  • Fahad Hashmi
    Fahad Hashmi wrote:
    1.got my new motor bike. 2.had a traffic accident but thn God m still alive but i got one fracture. 3.passed my high school. 4.came to China. 5.Beijing olympics but can attend though i got ticket. 6.got another horrible accident n my throat was abt 2 b cut n agian thn God i survived. 7.finally m in final year .... but m not excited abt it coz i have to work in a hospital n i don't like it.. :P n nothing more...
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    正所谓“生死有命,成事在天”~
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

9/11 changed everything. To a lesser extent:

• the 2008 Summer Olympics marking China's "we finally made it" moment
    • release of Radiohead's "In Rainbows" in Oct 2007, which accelerated the decline of the traditional record industry
    • death of Michael Jackson which acted as a stark reminder of the lack of monocultural pop and/or celebrities (June 2009)
    • election of American President Barack Obama (Nov 2008) as a repudition of eight years of misrule by neoconservative wingnuts
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

a sentimental topic for me.

2000: Sydney Olmpic, watched TV on Shooting Sports a lot since I was preparing for my competition, as a shooter of handgun :)

2002:  Got into one of the so-called best university in China. Got a crush on someone, he also like Haruki Murakami,who at the same winter published Kafka On The Shore. Listened to A Rush of Blood to the Head...(Brit-pop year)

2003: War on Iraq/ SARS, 张国荣 died in Fool's Day. started an interst group called Avant-Garde with friends, the only purpose of this group is to go to livehouse to enjoy death-metal. Fell in love with Amorphis and Therion.(Metal yeat)

2004-2006: Deleted in memories.

2007: Belgium was in trouble of disintegration,ironically, at the time I was in Belgium, studying Eureopan Integration !!! Anyway, traveled to Spain, fell in love with spanish.

2008:DL lama and boycott-France/Olympic in Beijing. back to beijing and started to work as internal politics editor 囧.

2009: All news are about Obama. One year after 汶川 earthquake, there was an earthquake for me. broke up with fiance.  But after H1N1 came, I've recovered and fell in love again.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.