Discussion » Film & TV » 2012

• Zhaohong
    Zhaohong wrote:
    I went to watch this movie yesterday, beijing's traffic drive me crazy. We spent 2 hours from office to cinema. If disaster happened that time, no one can escape.....Anyway, let me say something about this movie. My opinion:
    1. They pick one black actor to play president. Is it because Obama?
    2. From now on, you must find a person to love, and really love in side. At least, you can call her/him to say I love you when the end is coming. And you know you are not dying alone.
    3. Stop learning how to drive a car, start to learn how to drive a plane, it is pratical in 2012.
    4. Chinese people build one ark but don't have tickets to save themselves.
    5. You may start to believe some crazy words from kinda crazy people. Never trust the reports on TV.

Finally, we really should do something to protect our earth, which is the only place we can live. It remind me of the saying played every mins on subway line 10. That Britain accent is telling us to look after it!!!!!!
    P.S. my friend, she was laughing out when we watched movie.

Welcome to your comments about this film.

昨天下班后一路坎坷(从公司到电影院,简直是世纪大堵车,无奈我们只能用走的),拿着麦当劳,买了票,终于看了这部“后年发生的事”,先给几点关后感。1. 身边一定要有个深爱的人,否则末日来临之前你都不知道该把自己残留的那点爱贡献给谁,也挺可悲的。2. 从现在开始,别学开车了,赶紧报名去学开飞机,后年还能派上用场。3. 中国劳动人民太伟大了,建了方舟却让别人上了船。4. 这片子比较应景,至少美国总统是黑人扮演。 5. 预言要听、电视报道不要信。
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    I plan to watch it in cinema. No high expectation on this kind of film, just experience some heart attack feeling.
  • Shengy
    Shengy wrote:

ding !!  because of our only one earth!!!

• Fahad Hashmi
    Fahad Hashmi wrote:

the movie is quit intersting but i don't think that it will happen in 2012... :P

• Ruby Cai
    Ruby Cai wrote:
    i havent watched it yet...but realy wanna go
  • Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:
    Not sure about the film, but the child's voice on line 10 talking about the environment is bloody annoying if you have to be on there for any extended period of time...
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Ed... You're DAMN right.

• Ruby Cai
    Ruby Cai wrote:
    oh..line 10...not often take underground,but gona try tomor...never heard that,cuz always on mp3 lol
  • Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:
    Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I also think the message is somewhat flawed. The little girl is telling us we should all use public transport...but we're already using public transport - that's why we have to listen to you banging on about your omniscient teacher?
  • Shengy
    Shengy wrote:
    i will go to Earth Glob then~
  • Ruby Cai
    Ruby Cai wrote:
    I didnt hear anything on line 10 this mornig :(
    but i will try again this afternoon!
  • Ruby Cai
    Ruby Cai wrote:
    hhahah....actually i forgot to pay attention on it when i was on the way home...:p

but i really coundnt enjoy anything on subway at all....too many ppl...couldnt stand still even...or maybe i jst not used to it yet.....:p
  • 巴特
    巴特 wrote:

1. If a chinese movie have a 70 year old president then does that mean they wanna copy hu jin tao, or if that actor look like monkey, does that mean they wanna copy zhang ze ming?

2. If movie is not dramatic or romantic, why would people leave their troubled life and worries to see and enjoy such small moments of care?

3. The rate at which we are burning oil and gas, we 'd better learn how to ride a horse.

4. Chinese were also in. The only people not allowed to go in were guards and normal people. They said in movie that they hand picked 400,000 people which can contribute something special from their genetic make or intelligence to next generation. Plus the ones who paid 1 billion euros :D

5. There are lot of books out there now, that talk about predictions on what will happen on the rate at which we are running out of world resources and making our environment extra hot with ever increasing carbon foot print. The "hot flat and crowded" is a good one.

6. The voice of british kid in line 10 is ok.. but it makes no sense to play it in china , it should be a chinese kid speaking in chinese so that message can spread well. Besides, i agree. They can put lot of cool shit on the TV's but instead, we all know what we are getting now. I'd have to find a way to hack in and hook their system to my mp3...lol...

7. Finally, there is a group of people who believe in 2012, world will finish.. thats crap!!! but movie took some idea from them, combined it with environmental issues... i think the part which didnt make sense was when they exchange planes and the big plane crash land soon after they crossed US.. and then they were next to China..

8. Apart from that, movie was ok. I like the thinking of choosing Si chuan as the place to hide.. since chinese think zhong guo is middle of earth , so when earth shift poles, the water will arrive in china at the end, and then si chuan is surrounded by moutains and have basins for water storage and reservoirs and they connect it to mount everest at end which is next to tibet which is next to si chuan :) so good thinking there.

• 巴特
    巴特 wrote:

@ Zhaohong... what people like to do on subway? is that really difficult? stare at others, find beauties and handsome, occassionally get bothered by beggars , newspaper sellers and musicians, and if not them, a huge smelly crowd moving their butts around you... Personal activities include mp3, books/paper reading to kissing, kid shouting, loud cellphone talks followed by wei wei wei ... (and a lot of non sense) and last but not the least, disgustingly removing unhygenic parts of human body.

• NN
    NN wrote:
    Is this movie nice?I have already planed to watch but not have time yet,heard from my friend,it was disappointed,what do your guys think?
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Well guys you should care about the environment and try to do your part to help save it.  If you are too much of an asshole to care then admit it, but do not rag on others because they are telling you the truth about needing to take action.Public transportation is a great idea. 

A little tip for some who do not know:  China is the worlds biggest polluter, however the United States and other colonial countries were the same at the time of their industrial development.  In fact China just recently past the United States as the number one polluter in the world, so that means the United States (the country that breeds the most hypocritical citizens ever who constantly confuse and change their ideaologies according to what benefits them the most) has held the title of World's biggest polluter for more than 100 years. I hate to dissapoint you people who hate on China, but China will not be able to exceed the amount of pollution the USA has contributed to the planet because recent statistics show that although China is the largest polluter they have also made more efforts, greater contributions, and more large scale changes in their pollution habits than all other countries of the world combined "Including the USA!"  I am American, but I am not stupid when It comes to propaganda.  Why did'nt the USA ratify the Kyoto Protocol?  Look it up!  It is a treaty to reduce carbon dioxide production by a few percent, however the USA did not ratify it which prevents it from becoming international law.  Why you ask?  Because it will cause the USA to fall behind in productivity, riches, development etc.... What matters our Earth or their bank accounts?  So with this type of fierce competition from the "Guardians of peace, liberty, and clean Earth policies how can we begin to make a difference?  Fuck greed!

The end of the world hmmmm I hope we are not that ignorant for so long that we literally cause the end, however it would be something to expereince.  I mean how many people could have a chance to expereince such an exciting event?

As for the movie I did not get to see it.  I would like to, but only because I want to take a date.  I would not see it alone or anything because it just seems like another holywood doomsday film with no scientific grounding and no reality what so ever, however it can serve as a mindless fantasy inducing heartpounding thriller for me and a friend.

• Fin
    Fin wrote:
    I become nervous about how to get the ticket.
  • Ruby Cai
    Ruby Cai wrote:

its so hard to me to get in..hahha...dont knw how to push ppl..and always been pushed fwd..:(
    i'd better jst still stay vs my car.....although i knw its nt good way to do...but..eh...

anyway..back on topic, one of my frnd said 2012 jst really worth the tkt :)
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    This film is utter cack.

Please stop reading if you don't want spoilers.

Things this movie taught me about how to survive 2012.

Move to Africa
    Learn to fly a plane
    Get really rich
    Don't bother trying to save Monkeys and Girrafes (They already live in Africa)
    Don't marry John Cusacks wife and bring up his kids cos you'll just die and John Cusack will get back with her.
  • Kristine Hegelstad

~From now on, you must find a person to love, and really love in side. At least, you can call her/him to say I love you when the end is coming. And you know you are not dying alone.~ ummm, good idea! I am keen to see this moive...

• MiLo
    MiLo wrote:

对LZ的第3条. 中国劳动人民太伟大了,建了方舟却让别人上了船。有点感触,说这样的工程只能交给中国,这样的马屁话怎么听怎么别扭。。。
  • Saint - Spartacus
    this film is the real boll shit
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

I am just glad that we did not go to watch this in a cinema ... though with a fair amount of "Chinese element", it is still very American-ism ...
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    uncle sam这种永远是老大的思想在各个方面蔓延着
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    Zhaohong: 我没说你的想法有错误,我说老美在片中给观众的暗示是中国某些落后的地方,同时带着处处凌驾于中国之上的势态。
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

I have could see and understand this movie in chinese, and my chinese is very poor, so poor like the plot of this shit.

• Vera Luo
    Vera Luo wrote:
    OK, going to theater tonight , to watch 2012 (maybe tomorrow , hehehehe )
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Entertaining? Hahaha ... I thought I was watching "Thunderbirds" ... only missing someone to play Lady Penelope ...
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    Sorry, more SPOLIERS. Don't read if you care about this movie.

Zhao hong, If I moved to China I would have died along with the other 1.4 billion Chinese. The only people who would have lived would be the absolute richest.
  • Notoro Kawabata

dont' watch this crap. if you can avoid it, dont' waste your time and money.

• Johnny Stamboli
    waste of our golden time ....
  • kö
    当我们还是大学生的时候 我们看《奋斗》
  • Ci Jiayin
    Ci Jiayin wrote:
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    we already saw 100 times the ideas of the end of the world, story is really weak. But we all know that s it s just visual effects. So, if u like that, u should go; if u prefer good story and good characters, U should not go.
    about ur point 3, learn to drive a plane. The guy in the movie who knows how to drive is diying at the end, and nobody care. he was the new BF of the main female character, but finish 6 feet under. The perfect family is reconstructed. So, maybe we should become diver?
  • Dodo.GK
    Dodo.GK wrote:
    2012 is a good movie. but.the computer effects was too much.. especially when johncussack drove the car when the earthquake was going.. but the best part i think is how every father sacrificed everything for his son and daughter. the president stayed and let his daughter run.the film not only about the end of the world. but it's about how a father love his children.
  • Alicia WANG
    Alicia WANG wrote:

• Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    2012 is only the beginning, not the end.
    University of Metaphysical Sciences has decided to provide you with this page of resources and information about the 2012 new paradigm shift that are listed here. Many people are searching for answers about 2012 and now 2012 is going mainstream with the movie 2012: We Were Warned coming out soon. These links will help you find some answers.
    We have already received many questions from students and spiritual seekers about 2012 and the coming paradigm shift that humanity is facing, but soon we won't be able to keep up with the questions. Here you will find many of the answers that you need if you follow these links we are giving you. We are also providing you with this information so you have the knowledge you need to deal with the questions of others about these things. Our students can expect these questions to come up sooner or later with the people they teach and assist. Here at University of Metaphysical Sciences, we have heavily researched these topics and are presenting you with what we have found.
    Free 2012 Meditations Coming Soon
    Shortly we will be providing you with free meditations you can use to assist in shifting the challenge humanity faces in the coming years. University of Metaphysical Sciences is dedicated to helping the mass consciousness awaken and manifest the beautiful future that humanity is destined for instead of a dark future that is planned for the masses.
    Dark Plans For Future Won't Work; All It Takes Is Consciousness To Change Outcome
    First, let us state that we at University of Metaphysical Sciences do not believe that the dark plans for humanity's future, created by those in highly powered positions in the world through government, banking and religion, will be as successful as they think it will be. There are things which those who serve the darkness within themselves cannot know. It will be an attempt at a take-over over of humanity's reality and existence, but the masses are awakening very quickly and might not go for this mass hypnosis trick that is being played on them.
    The way this mass consciousness trick is done is through keeping humanity in the negative pole side of emotions and thoughts. It must be the majority of the population in order to work, and 90% of the people on the planet are in a state of survival, need and suffering, and that is happening at many different levels. Even a middle class person is not really comfortable and is always kept in a state of financial worry. Very few people enjoy a secure and comfortable reality. Only 10% of the population can experience that.
    By keeping the majority of the mass consciousness in a state of survival, worry, stress and fear, it causes the consciousness of humanity at the mass level to create a reality that supports more of that. In a way, consciousness can be a vicious cycle when it is caught in a negative consciousness loop. That is what has happened to humanity, en mass. That is why humanity creates a reality for itself that supports more oppression and suppression, since that is how it is already feeling. Humanity has been manipulated and maneuvered through government, religion and economy to be in a negative state and manifest physical reality from that state of mind. Physical manifestations from a negative state of mind are not going to be good experiences.
    The time for that continuing is coming to a close. The people who serve darkness within themselves don't realize that their reign of the Earth is coming to a close. The cycle that supports those energies is simply over. The universe is a place of cycles, and the cycle that supported such a thing, as it has for many eons, is over. The New World Order is going the way of the dinosaurs and its old paradigm ways are something humanity has had enough of. It is time for a new way of being, one that allows humanity to explore its divinity. It has had enough of suppression and oppression. Humanity ha
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Don't Spend Too Much Time On Research, Time For Action Now

If you are researching all these things, keep it down to a minimum because now is a time for action. Don't question in your mind whether or not it's all true or real. it doesn't matter. If only 10% of it is true, it's too much. You have some preparation to do on a practical level which is covered in our Surviving 2012 material. You also have preparation to do in your consciousness if you are not fully awakened or at least completely fearless. It is important that you are spiritually awake through this coming era in human evolution. Development of the open heart and unconditional love is a product of consciousness that is part of humanity's next step in evolution, and an open heart is required in order to enter into the beautiful future that is available to humanity if it chooses to take it.

Fear is the juice for the dark engine, and if you don't supply the fuel, the plans of those serving darkness will simply fall apart and disappear from this reality. It is as simple as that. These dark rulers can only exist because humanity has created them through a negative consciousness projection.

Consciousness is your secret weapon that those who serve darkness within themselves don't want you to know that you have it. If you did know who you really are, got in touch with your true powers through consciousness, and realized the shenanigans that have been going on at the highest levels of government, economy and religion, those who serve darkness would not be able to get away with what they have been doing any longer. All human consciousness has to do is not cooperate with the plans those who serve darkness have for it, and move in a different direction toward the heart instead of fear. If that happens, an entirely different reality could set up, and those who serve dark forces know it. It would be the end of them and their plans.

It really is that simple. What the mass consciousness wants the mass consciousness gets. This is the ultimate test of humanity's ability to use its consciousness wisely and manifest good things for itself.

It Is The End Of Old Systems, Not The World Or Humanity

December 21, 2012, (12-21-2012) is supposedly the end of the world predicted by Nostradamus, the Mayan calendar, and other sources. However, many misinterpret this to mean the end of the world literally. Rather, it is the end of the world as we know it and the beginning of a whole new way of being, a whole new culture, and a whole new path for humanity. Only the old ways of doing things are ending, not the world itself. Earth is a sentient and living being, and it cannot be destroyed. It could cleanse and recover from anything humanity would do it, and that might be what is happening right now, maybe not. It could just be a cycle, for the Earth has historically rearranged itself a little bit every 10,000 years, Noah's flood being the latest event, and Atlantis sinking before that while other continents rose. Celestial events can be rough rides sometimes and supposedly a celestial event that is part of the cycles on Earth is about to occur.

This could be a rough transition or a gentle transition. It all depends on how humanity handles it. Humanity has made it through these kinds of events before, and it can do so again. Because you are a part of humanity, your consciousness contributes to the mass consciousness projection onto reality. Be aware of how you contribute to one side or the other, a negative pole outcome or a positive pole outcome.

Ask yourself these questions: Is your consciousness contributing to a rough and dark way of handling change or a peaceful and fearless way to handle change? What you contribute to in your consciousness gives one or the other more potency. What exactly is it that you are contributing to the mass consciousness and its creations in the bio reflection machine that physical reality is?

Live Fe
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Live Fearlessly Through the 2012 Paradigm Shift

It is possible to live fearlessly in the coming 2012 new paradigm shift, also called the pole shift, polar shift, or the consciousness shift. You don't have to be terrorized by what is coming. No one really knows what is going to happen, of course, but no matter what happens everyone is having to face the fear that this brings up in them. Maybe Earth cataclysms will happen, maybe not. Maybe powerful forces in governments will harm many people through plagues, war and famine, maybe not. No one really knows.

It is possible, despite all that, for you to be in a peaceful state even as strange things may unfold. Christine Breese, D.D., Ph.D., founder of University of Metaphysical Sciences is providing you with workshops and a free e-book called Fearlessness In The 2012 Paradigm Shift. You will find that information in the links above.

Something Big Is Going To Happen Soon

We all know something important is going to happen because everyone feels the pressure of some sort of buildup. Everyone has a feeling that some kind of energetic climax is coming. Even people who have never studied spirituality know something is going to happen that will change the course of human evolution. Everyone on the planet can feel it and that feeling manifests in different ways for different people. If these changes are instigated by Earth changes or through a meltdown of the old ways of human social and economic systems, one way or another this human reality must change for the better or it simply will not be able to go on into the future. It is unsustainable as it exists right now, especially with the population growing exponentially faster and faster.

Caretaking of the Earth and each other must become the prime directive in all social and economic systems from this point onward because the old ways of doing things don't work anymore. Humanity has reached a point in its development where it can annihilate itself with its own inventions and seriously damage the Earth-ship if humanity does not finally bring the heart into all endeavors.

We are now at the point where the human heart must fully evolve in order to balance the mind, emotions and physical reality mass creations. This is the next quantum leap in human evolution, the opening of the heart, en masse. Without that growth, humanity will not survive its own doings.

Now is the time for that evolutionary leap to happen and it cannot be held back by those in power any longer. It would be like trying to stop the ocean. It can't be done, even though humanity has been held back from self realization and self illumination for a long time. Sooner or later, the divine self was destined to come forth through the human experience and Godself can no longer be denied its true awareness being present while in human form. It is simply time for that chapter in humanity's story to unfold now.

No plans of mice and men will be able to override this cycle and the changes it brings. They can try, but it won't be successful like they think it will.

• Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    yes sir i also receitpted it.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    what happened ???
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    oh dear gosh, thats incredible
  • №❶ Passioη
    @ZhaoHong - You're more ignorant than I thought...

1. Black actors have always been selected in one major administrative role or the other (Even before Obama's time)... just to reflect reality. The 1998 movie "Deep Impact" casting Morgan Freeman as president of the United States is a very similar movie to 2012 - Though they used Danny Glover this time because Morgan Freeman was not available.

Your snobbish mind may also not have noticed other major black casts like: Chiwetel Ejiofor - Scientist (Nigerian), and Thandie Newton - President's daughter (Zambian)... You did not notice the significance of many stuff in the movie

2. Love is not necessary when you're about to die. Think of what waits for your soul on the other side - better or worse.

3 4 5. Learning how to fly a plane, building an ark, etc... could be a good idea apart for everyone else - The christians especially may buy this idea because it happened before in christian history. And it is believed to have been responsible for the life we see now on earth.

But those living in Africa don't need to worry about all these... That zone doesn't have any form of natural disasters - perfect sea level - and Africa will be the last continent standing even when the whole world has been destroyed by water or fire. This is according to scientists - and the director included that significance in the last part of the movie.

This movie story is based on predictions of the Maya Calendar and Nostradamus, Apocalypse 2012, etc... Although it seems like a myth, There is a possibility that something terrible will happen to this earth - maybe not in 2012 but with the acceleration rate of technological negatives over nature's components which were finely placed for humans to survive, It is obvious science and technology cannot solve the problems it created.

You see Earth Quakes, Floods, H1N1, H5N1 in Asia, Hurricane in the USA, floods in the UK, The melting Glaciers terrain due to the effect of carbon emissions and global warming - of which scientist estimate the aftermath may leave half of Holland flooded among many other European and American countries, etc... Yet there is still a scramble for nuclear power, industrial speeds which pollute the air, science experiments gone wrong and causing diseases that Kill millions of people, etc. Something terrible will happen.

However, scientists say Africa (especially the western, central, and southern african regions) is the least vulnerable to all these natural or man made disasters called "earthquakes", "hurricane", "tornadoes", " etc.. you name them. None of these has ever happened in Africa. Why? this is because coastal vegetation has been allowed as original as it was, to minimize the effect of nature's wrath (if it ever occurs) but it's highly unlikely, according to scientists.

Many Europeans who anticipate this 2012 Apocalypse have acquired property in several African countries including Malawi, Congo, Nigeria, Chad, Botswana and South Africa, etc. So anyone who so much as fears what may happen to the earth moves there. So if you're the one who's scared of the future, you can join the train. Science and technology cannot solve all the problems of the world. But it can evidently bring more destruction to humanity than pleasures. I personally believe that wherever humans respect nature, nature will respect them back.. on the other hand, wherever humans wrong nature, sooner or later the full wrath of mother nature will come their way.

Good Luck
  • №❶ Passioη
    @ZhaoHong - Just read and learn... you don't need to fight back... next time when you watch a movie and see a black person you wont have to ask silly questions and make silly sarcastic comments...

You must learn about those black actors and respect them too - they work harder than any race of people to be where they are... You silly snob
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:

take a look , mayan have told us the future already!  

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    Yea, so let's all get together in a giant orgy and do what we love the most before we die ;P

C'mon, there's no such thing as predicting the future, or Gods for that sake. It's just a belief we came up with before the level of knowledge spiked and science starting to actually explain things :P
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    I think I will just save myself until 2011 and then find a high quality woman who is in a scramble to find a good man before 2012. We can deal with the aftermath later when 2012 passes and the world does not come to an end haha! This was a thought I had upon hearing so many women tell me about 2012. I think I am onto something @_@

The count of male comments v/s female comments in this thread is 23/35. Do you think there is a correlation between fear of 2012 and theories about femininity? Most guys I talk to say, "HAHA 2012 is such a crock of shit. The world will not end then!" However, most women I speak to about this express fears about the world actually ending in 2012.

Note: I am not making any claims about women or men in this post. I am merely sharing my thoughtful observation........ Both sexes have great qualities to bring to the table.
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    um.........the first thing i need to do is to see the movie ,is there anyone here who have not seen it ?
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    yes I agree with u Ole but sometimes like the unscientific stuffs making ppl become to goodness of heart, isn't it ?

and yes better make love with ur lover every single day before u die@.~
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... or a Cherry or a QQ ... oh, oh, or a Toyota RAV4 ... and Lexus too ...
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    There is no end at all.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    http://news.sciencenet.cn/htmlnews/2009/4/218558.html this website depends on http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20127001.300-space-storm-alert-90-seconds-from-catastrophe.html ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~from UK report
    Check it out!
    That's ridiculous huh ?
  • Petter Meisfjordskar

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.