Discussion » Sports & Activities » Art of War 15 - Ueyama Ryuki vs. Ao Hailin

• Andy Pi
    Andy Pi wrote:
    Get ready ladies and gentlemen. Another action packed Art of War event is headed your way. On November 28, the Art of War Fighting Championship returns to the National Olympic Sports Center in Beijing and will feature the return of veteran Chinese mixed martial artist, Ao Hailin.

In a Japan versus China Main Event, Ao Hailin will face off against the Japanese veteran, Ueyama Ryuki, who has previously fought the likes of Sean Sherk, "Shaolin" Ribeiro and Rani Rayha in international events such as Pride Bushido and K-1 Hero's. Ueyama has earned a reputation as a fierce competitor, skilled in both striking and submissions. Ao Hailin is coming off a submission victory against British fighter, Nick Mellor, in Art of War 11. When asked about his thoughts on the upcoming fight, Ao Hailin expressed, "I know that Ueyama is a tough opponent. But I have been training hard and I am ready for war. He'd better be prepared to go the distance." Always calm inside and outside the ring, Ueyama responded, "Ao Hailin has never faced an opponent of my caliber. I have competed against the best fighters in the world and I am looking forward to putting on a great show for the Chinese audience. They will remember Ueyama Ryuki." Will Ao Hailin's youth and power prevail over Ueyama Ryuki's experience and technique? This match is sure to be one of Art of War's best fights this year!

In the Co-Main Event, Wu Hao Tian will face Arthit Hanchana of Thailand. Hanchana is an expert striker and shows improving ground skills every fight. In his last Art of War appearance, Hanchana dominated Wu Haotian's teammate and teacher, Dai Shuang Hai for the entire fight, handing Dai Shuanghai his first solid defeat in the Art of War ring. This will be the second time that Hanchana has fought Wu Haotian. In their first encounter, Wu Haotian defeated Hanchana by decision. Wu Haotian has a lot to carry on his shoulders as he is coming off a devastating KO loss against Shukrat Minavarov of Uzbekistan in Art of War 13. Now, he is stepping into the ring to face an old adversary, but with new found skills. Wu Haotian gave us his thoughts, "Hanchana is a tough guy, but I am also a different fighter now. My standup game is strong, and my ground fighting is very technical. I do not see him escaping my submissions." Hanchana responded, "Wu Haotian will be very surprised when he steps into the ring with me. I have been training hard and now I am comfortable on my feet or on the ground. In our last encounter, I could not defend his ground skills and that is why he got the decision victory. But now, I know the ground game. I will KO him this time."

Art of War Fighting Championship 15 - Ueyama Ryuki versus Ao Hailin
    November 28, 2009 at the Olympic Sports Center in Beijing
    Doors open at 2:00 PM, Fights start at 4:00 PM.
    Tickets are 30, 50, 80, 100 RMB. Please call: 400.810.3721
    Information website: http://www.mmachina.com
    Tickets: http://en.piao.com.cn/beijing/ticket_2978.html
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    Awesome, thanks for the information! Does this normally sell out?
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    This was a really solid show. Ryuki put on a very respectable performace for taking the fight on such short notice. Wu Hao Tian and Hanchana was also good, but I felt Hanchana made a mistake in unnecessarily going to the the ground with Wu.

There were several very competitive and entertaining fights on this card. I look forward to the next show.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.