Discussion » Beijing Life » Are you willing to marry her? Yes,I do!

• Penta1
    Penta1 wrote:
    Last day , I read a news, it’s a love news.Happened on 12th November. A young man held wedding ceremony with his died girlfriend in Funeral Parlor.

The man is from Chengdu, the girl is from Henan, they know each other for 3years. After the girl graduated from University, they engaged and just planed to hold wedding ceremony in next year, Suddenly the girl died, died of disease. But the man still insisted to marry the girl. After he got agreement of her parents. The wedding ceremony was holding in Funeral Parlor. When Minister asked him: are you willing to marry her? He answered: Yes, I do.

After that he took his wife(his wife’s photo),went to her dreaming place: Korea. To realize her uncome true dream.

This is the news. This is what we can just see in movie,but it's real.After reading I can’t help to think about the life, think about the love ............................in nowadays. Now,just image if you were the man, you were in this situation,What will you do?

• Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    I have heard of people marrying in the hospital..days before one of the spouses died..but never of a dead lover....amazing the true love that man had..what a story..thx for sharing Penta.
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Its a little morbid if you ask me. And don't wedding vows generally include something about "til death do us part?"
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    I don't know about chinese wedding vows, but still I highly doubt that this was a real wedding, because you need to sign some papers for this which is kind of hard once you're dead. And if you go this way there's no limit, like okay I want to marry the empress cixi. Or maybe I'd better choose a previously super rich dead lady and ask for the inheritance!

This news "as is" does not make a lot of sense.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    Would love to marry a dead billionaire! haha
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Hey that's my idea there! You owe me a half of what you'll get!!!
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    I swear I didn't read your post!

So kind of inventing that idea by myself.

But don't worry, no compitition. You marry your dead super rich lady, I marry my dead super rich sweetheart! :P
  • Penta1
    Penta1 wrote:
    Saibo i can tell you this is a real story.And this lovers had engaged and then held the wedding.you can check it on line.And by the way this doesn't like what you said.If people do like what you said, they'll break the law.S...!Just cz the man still love her,and cann't let this love go,also want to take care of the girl parents instead of her.so.....!
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    It's touching but sad. I don't doubt his love for that girl but i think this ceremony was more about commemorating their love, afterall he needs grief and to move on..i guess. For me i just feel very much uncomfortable to image this kinda tragic scenario. Let's just say nobody can bare the pain of losing loved ones, and if the love memories serve us fine for the rest of our lives...well let it be then....除却巫山啊……
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Penta, I'm not saying that they did not hold a wedding like ceremony, but that it can not be an official / legal wedding that you are talking about.
    For the rest, well that might be a beautiful story, but the man is not on the right way to live a happy life by doing such a thing I think.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    interesting
  • Penta1
    Penta1 wrote:
    No you didn't get what i've said , it's a legal wedding. they have engaged before.By the way,in chinese law.If ex-wife or husband died, they are allowed to marrry another one. It's legal.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.