Discussion » Dating & Romance » The age-old question.What is LOVE?

• Stella
    Stella wrote:
    Sometimes it's just like : today say hi , tomorrow say bye .
    Beautiful things often disappear soon.
    Well,the real one always last forever ~ !
  • John
    John wrote:
    Happy happy everyday! Go China yeah!
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Love is a chemical reaction triggered by your brain as a response to pheromones and other stimulus. It tends to last 3-5 years.

Unless, of course, you are talking about pizza and beer. I've always loved pizza and beer.
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    Definition of Love:

"With an irresistible cocktail of chemicals, our brain entices us to fall in love. We believe we’re choosing a partner. But we may merely be the happy victims of nature’s lovely plan"

Way ahead of you nature, cause I'm single! xD
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    Check this out: http://www.youramazingbrain.org/lovesex/sciencelove.htm
  • Mandy Wang
    Mandy Wang wrote:
    cause why have more and more single on the would ,people always scared be hurt and responsibility。
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    Love is something makes you happy!

A short text makes you happy! A witty letter makes you happy! A simple home-made dish makes you happy! A littel present makes you happy! A thankful smile makes you happy! A soulful expression in the eyes makes you happy! A passionate kiss makes you happy! A gentle touch makes you happy! A nice cuddle makes you happy! ...

So many simple things could make you so happy!

You would do all kinds of things to make your love happy, because making him/her happy will eventually makes yourself happy!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Love ...

... is timeless ... it is forever, not one day, one month, or one year ...
    ... is weightless, or shapeless, yet it is warm to the touch ...
    ... is valueless ... otherwise, it is called a "trade" ...

... is about giving, but expecting nothing in return, but strangely
    ... is also an investment, that if one makes profit, it is unlimited ...
  • Ikra Yousaf
    Ikra Yousaf wrote:
    its a warm feeling of caring for someone, liking some one, appreciating some one and getting interest in,,, ( some one could be something as well, like ferrari, football, books, coffee) and some one could be (boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, parents, friend)... but everything is good if its in limit, the day its out... it would inherit unholy fragments of nature and emotions
  • Marycath
    Marycath wrote:
    iz waht u feeelin dats probably pseudo-sunny warm xD!?xD
    love is priceless only when its real.. =)
    A way 2 show dat u care.... xD
    sorta like da way i love sooccer..cept not like dat at all coz datd b..awesum:O D:
    Love has countless emotions and again..is real when its true and priceless =)
  • 张光弟
    张光弟 wrote:
    love is a big trouble.. sometimes. .
  • Danny
    Danny wrote:
    love is
    make u happy~~
    make u sad~~~
    make u crazy~~~
    make u cry
  • ANN
    ANN wrote:
    love is drug.
  • Veronica Skagen
    love is any of a number of emotions related to a sense of strong affection and attachment.

actually.. love is sweet~~
  • James .C (Singapore)
    Love is about communication and wanting to be with the other half.
    Where you only find comfort and sense of security from...
    Will laugh about the things u do together even when u not with him/her..
    Love is just an act of freedom.
    Love can't be weigh
    Love can't be define
    Love can't be measured
    Love is nothing without you and me...
  • Kkg
    Kkg wrote:
    love is simple, caring whether the another of u 2 eat or not while u r lunching.
  • Veronica Skagen
    Kkg - love is never simple..
  • Kkg
    Kkg wrote:
    up 2 u, buddy.
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    Love is something you cant touch but feel
    go girl :)
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    Finally, Lovers become families
  • Huihui
    Huihui wrote:
    love? It seems far far away from me.....
  • Sxx
    Sxx wrote:

Many times, "love" is the selling point of merchants……

• Haider
    Haider wrote:
    love is a name
    sex is a game
    so forget the name
    and play the game......:p
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    love is something to feel in person, but not something to talk abt or analysis in a public forum ;-)
  • Huihui
    Huihui wrote:
    Love is luxury thing. The world makes people more and more realistic, and more and more materistic.
  • Deer One
    Deer One wrote:
    love is a term that humans have created, and is totally subjective - "instinct", now there's something that can be defined!
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    We need more words for love. It's too broad to be covered by just one love and I think it causes issues because there are many types.

I love my dog but I'll never marry him.
  • Annie Ann
    Annie Ann wrote:
    Richard is so funny, i don't know what love is, but i think it's a feeling when you meet the right one.
  • MoMo
    MoMo wrote:
    I may dont know what love is, but I know everyone wants to be loved..even bastards
  • Usman Tehseen
    Usman Tehseen wrote:
    yes i think Hazel is right
    its only feeling
    cos love is blind
  • Veronica Skagen
    love touches..
  • Fin
    Fin wrote:
    I don't know what love is. For example, someone believes in the first sight and the very strong feeling, the illusion of the just one; while most of the time, we are moved by a long time companion, the unconsciously yearning.Long for the familiarity and warmth the other one bring to you, and the full understanding to your heart.
  • Bobo
    Bobo wrote:

at moment i really confused what it love? before i really think if we both have the feeling then is really love each other...but now i confused...i never think i will be lover but i am ...i never think i will break others family ...but i did ...i always think he will give me furuth but i was wrong,,,,now we still together but can you imagine two women share one man ,,,,what the feeling? so strange,,,,they dont have feeling 2 years ago but they have to keep the relation,,,i dont know what the problme....he always say he loves me,,,want with me together,,,i give up all come to here delveloping his business,,,i do what i can do what i have to do but,,,,i think total i will get nothing....love,,,,,,,,all bullshit

• MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    your story sounds like a TV-play...
  • Stella
    Stella wrote:
    well, nice thanks for all .
    Love is once i hold your hand,never want to let it go ~
    Love is,even the bad things happened,that i still feel happy you are here with me.
    Love is trust.
    Love is you.
    Love last , can be forever.

Love for this life,
    My heart will go on ~ !
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    Peter, I agree with you. Especially this sentence, and especially the latter part.

"As soon as you realize that most of what happens when two people fall in love is mostly biological, it takes much of the pain away. But the side effect is that you probably won't fall so deeply or intensely "in love" with someone again. "
  • 爱谁谁
    爱谁谁 wrote:

well, if you can read chinese

有时候,爱就是一种感觉, 真正的能让你心碎的感情,是沉重的, 能看到对方眼睛的时候有心碎的感觉,是能永久的.

所以,后来大家都开始去努力找或者努力去做那种轻松的爱情,不敢太沉重. 怕失去,怕你爱的人不要沉重的爱,因为沉重的爱已经让以前的那个人离开了你

所以, 什么爱不爱,就看时间对不对了

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    ls太强了...“希望有那么一个人,我们不能在一起,我看见他的眼睛就有心碎的感觉”-- 生活过于安逸或焦躁,以至安逸至平淡,或焦躁至平淡,有些人选择了沉浸于各种各样的小意淫中不能自拔,有些人选择了主动去追求令人愉悦的悲伤。哈哈哈,现代社会的人们真是有趣,想想娘老子那辈人,每天就剩下革命激情了,单纯得不得了~

• Moon
    Moon wrote:
    love is feeling ,,,
  • 张翯
    张翯 wrote:
    The simplest define is L.O.V.E. I think everyword can explain that, but none of one can explain exactly.

Love is patient;

love is kind;

love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude.

It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.
  • Moon
    Moon wrote:
    well, we can not decide who to love, its not a decision, its a feeling. If we could decide who to love then life would me much more easier but then less magical!
    to find your true love is really hard, if u find u should feel a very lucky person~~~~~
    love those who loves you, rather than you love some one who is not lovingly towards you.
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

..."baby don't hurt me, no more"

• Jovana Cvijetic
    life is life without love life is like a flying kite that can leave you at any instant..........
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    There are some really soppy definitions on here :)

How about we reclasify love, not as some whimsical dream of perfection but on a scale of 1 to 10 that we can try to objectify?

1 could simply being a glance.
    2 could be a a nice talk.
    3 could be thinking about someone when they aren't there.
    ....and so on until you get to......
    10 - dying for someone.

• kö
    togther forever``````
  • Richard Todd
    Richard Todd wrote:
    it's the taste or smell you just can't place
    it's a shadow leaving the boundary of place
    it's a gift that stays wrapped and not given
    it's the wheel of a car that will never be driven

hahahahahaha. i like that last one.
  • Monica
    Monica wrote:
    Love is in his moment you delete your heartache,
    and love is in the hurt when you don`t regret it.
  • Saint - Spartacus

love is sth related to die and live

• Tord Schiøtz Smørdal
    love is like that we hold each other and have no secrets ,only wanna see each other
  • 三三Veronica Wang
    is a escape of 2 persons who don't know how to be alone
  • 希洛
    希洛 wrote:
    FYI “爱情不是防腐物品,可能几天就面目全非;爱情也不是新鲜水果,甚至可能历经沧海桑田仍矢志不悔。 爱情的保质期不决定于爱情,而是由我们自己决定。爱情并不脆弱,脆弱的是我们自己而已。坚守爱情,它就会永恒。往往有很多人等到失去了才知道珍惜.也许每个人的心中都有他的一份保质期吧!”
  • Frida Jaaa
    Frida Jaaa wrote:
    love...... you are mad with her, but you are still patient to her after your quarrels.
    . wrote:
    Definitions of love from Google:

- a strong positive emotion of regard and affection; "his love for his work"; "children need a lot of love"
    - any object of warm affection or devotion; "the theater was her first love"; "he has a passion for cock fighting";
    - have a great affection or liking for; "I love French food"; "She loves her boss and works hard for him"
    - beloved: a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
    - get pleasure from; "I love cooking"
    - a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction; "their love left them indifferent to their surroundings"; "she was his first love"
    - be enamored or in love with; "She loves her husband deeply"
    - a score of zero in tennis or squash; "it was 40 love"
    - sleep together: have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
  • Xx
    Xx wrote:
    love is unconditional ...
  • NN
    NN wrote:
  • SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:
    love is pop
    love is a party
    we join it everyday

love is a room
    love is a hotel
    we are outside every night

we have a fast dream
    we have got a terrible life
    we have a horror travel in it

when you leave the room
    the pink elephant comes
    when you leave the car
    the rozd comes to the end
    when you leave the bed
    the night becomes darkness
    when you leave the room
    the light comes to be starduse
  • Notoro Kawabata
    Love is evol backwards
  • weiwei
    weiwei wrote:
    Love is what the fuck.
  • ♥Playboy ♥
    Love is when someone breaks ur heart and the most amazing thing is that u still love them with every broken piece !!!!
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    to summary with songs... "all u need is love" or " love is all" and "U don t know what love is" or "once i love"...
    my point is that u cannot fall in love. Love is something that u build and it s something really deep between 2 persons, it s something who needs time. if u "fall in love" it s just passion
    i love passion, and i think that a lot of people are found of it. When u re burning inside, when something happen in ur stomach, when ur heart is beating faster, when he or she is always in ur mind, when everything have no taste if she or he s not there... So good...
    passion is a first step to go to Love
  • Undermoonlight
    Love is being comfortable with each other...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.