Discussion » Beijing Life » Please pay attention to your words!

• Penta1
    Penta1 wrote:
    When i find some interesting news,no matter from website or daily life, i like share with people on forum.But some people are so rude,so unpolite! Some times even speak bad words.So who can deal with these matters.Why people are so...........! Just hope users of website can pay attention to their words.

Do you meet this matter?What do you think about this?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I agree, Penta1. There's something about writing online that gives people a superiority complex.

But, believe it or not, users here are a lot more restrained than sites where people use anonymous user names.
  • Kkg
    Kkg wrote:
    huh, interesting! i feel they do that for a reason. i can find many Pentas here, Penta1,Penta2.....etc. I venture a guess u r using many accounts chatting with people. so why don't you ask yourself to see if u offend people here first? :]
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

I dont think "anonymous user names" is the key here, right? Hahaha ...

As for being rude, and perhaps just impolite, it is not about what is said, but more about what is being interpreted at the other end ... for example, many people here uses the "f" and "s" words, but no one seems to be offended ...

What do you think?

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    For the most part, real user names is the key.

Most folks wouldn't leave borderline-perverted messages using their real names, nor would they issue threats, talk trash or succumb to the thousands of other vices that come attached with virtual anonymity.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... thanks Pete ...
  • Annie Ann
    Annie Ann wrote:
    i think i have agree with ding dang, if he or her didn't do it on purpose, then we should just let it go, or tell them that this is not ok for me, so please pay more attention to your word, well, if they took it well, problems solved. If not, maybe it's your time to show them your true color. But i gotta say, it feels great to use the f-words sometimes. NO offense, just being honest here.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha, Hazel, thanks very much, because it is not very often that people in this community agrees with me ...

In my case ... I do my best to remind myself not to use (or even think about using) the "f" and "s" words, or similar, even when I am very angry or absolutely furious ... hahaha, it's just my stupid principle ...
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    whats wrong with an s word?...its normal
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... I did not say there is anything wrong, I just dont like to use it ...
  • Penta1
    Penta1 wrote:
    Hey Kkg.I see that there are penta2 or..! i've no idea.Maybe they think the name penta is cool,so use penta2......!My foreign friends like call me penta,so i use this name.Anyway,thanks for sharing with me your ideas.
  • Penta1
    Penta1 wrote:
    Hi,Hazel Anne.
    I agree with you.But sometimes if they speak bad words on purpose or even say something stained Chinese culture ,How could i stand? I know some guys they are really bad.I cann't stand them.Don't know why the admin ban their accounts.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    We don't ban accounts unless users are abusive. The occasional use of curse words, while crass, aren't grounds for dismissal.

If you're having a problem with a user, Penta1, send me a private message with the details.
  • Kkg
    Kkg wrote:
    u really get at what i said, penta1? maybe penta2 and penta3 don't understand it either. oh, maybe penta8 knows. xD
  • Penta1
    Penta1 wrote:
    Thanks Pete.Users of this website is ok,what i am talking about the bad guys are on the Beijinger.com.
    Thanks again.
  • Penta1
    Penta1 wrote:
    yes,you are right.Peter
  • Ikra Yousaf
    Ikra Yousaf wrote:
    i have some of those experiences.... you know nearly certain % of people are categorized as prisoner of words, who are sensitive to what people say and more likely to be sensitive to be what they think... unlikely there are some retarted people who just dont have control over their ragging hormones so they just burst up, screw things, abuse or what ever to satisfy them-self... but what they dont care is that in the mean time they broke some one's heart, they had really put people in uncomfortable situations.. it nearly ruins others life, because a blacksmith doesn't know how to do Gardner's Job, so he smashed the flowers...
  • Penta1
    Penta1 wrote:
    Just hope we'll never experienc such things.
  • Robin Wang (王小辉)
    support you with my act of typing words before thinking carefully about them
  • ?
    ? wrote:

One message received from Penta1
    I am working at a chinese language school, do you have any interest about chinese? please see our website:www.pentagram-chinese.com

Penta1 come on, people here are not stupid!
    YOU ARE USING DIFFERENT PROFILES TO SHOW UP THIS LANGUAGE SCHOOL!

And you dare to say:
     i've no idea.Maybe they think the name penta is cool,so use penta2

Your topic is perfect for you!
    U guess people are idiot, and complain about rude answers?

WAKE UP

• Renée Lok
    Renée Lok wrote:

So far,the people i chatted with from here are polite.or i just ignored them when they sent me msg.=D

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.