Discussion » Food & Drink » Good food

• Cory Kelso
    Cory Kelso wrote:
    I am a 26 year old canadian looking for a cooks position in Beijing. Was wondering if anyone knows good places to look as I am still living in canada. I have completed my schooling and am also tesol certified to teach english, but would rather be in a kitchen. I would also be happy teaching others western cooking, although i prefer experimenting with asian fusion cuisine.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hi Cory ... g'day to you :)

Since my work is not related to this, I am really not the best person to give you any advice, but if you are interested in Asian cuisine and is TESOL certified, could I deduce that you might know the Chinese language, or any other Asian language? Also, which specific Asian cuisine would you like to explore or experiment?

As far as restaurants in Beijing are concerned, due to the education background and English proficiency of most people in this line of work, you might find it difficult, if not impossible, to work in most restaurants ... and your best bets would be international hotels, most of them should favor someone from overseas as an apprentice or similar ...

It's really not much else I can tell you at this point ... hope that helps ... take care

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.