Discussion » Music » What colour do you see when...

• Sheryl Zhong
    Sheryl Zhong wrote:
    you listen to music?

I've long heard that music stimulates this particular parts of your brain that make you see different colours and shapes, but I've never really been that imaginative, every time something's playing, I can either say I like it, I hate it or I don't mind it.

Anyone to enlighten me (without drug endorsed experiences)
  • 北摄 Beijing Center Of Photography
    it's true...

and this sensory experience is different for each individual

there's a very good book that studies this
    "A Natural History of Senses" by Diane Ackerman

it's a very poetic and scientific literature about our five senses and how they inter-relate and complete our feelings.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

You can get English books from Sanlitun or Wudaokou area. Some people display all kinds of up to date English books in their cute wagons. They are very cheap. They are all pirate books.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    When Im listening music in recent days, i see nothing but tons of files...
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    I am a savant and on hallucinogens and conform that there are colours in the air.

I think Synethesisa is the term for when words, letters and music become colours in our minds but I might be making that up, I can't remember...
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    and that's what Acid is for Alex.. ;-)
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    that smiley I did is really gay isn't it....
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    I see Blue, Red, and Black! I love music it is so awesome! I am taking this class about the History of Rock and Roll as well as another one on the impact of rock and roll on the world. Music is amazing!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.