Discussion » Nonsense » Mahjong anyone?

• 北摄 Beijing Center Of Photography
    北摄 Beijing Center Of Photography wrote:
    Looking for fellow mahjong players who like the game.

Join our Mahjong group at http://www.weliveinbeijing.com/group/group.rails?Gid=1000001749

Gather four players each time and let's play :)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

What rules are you playing? Guangdong, Shanghai, Sichuan or Taiwan, etc? ... dare I say, Japanese?
    i play Hong Kong and Singapore style....

not familiar with the other styles but i'm willing to learn

what style do people play here in Beijing?
  • Sophie Qin
    Sophie Qin wrote:
    I play mahjong too...
    but I don't know what kind of style is that.............
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    wow!!!Mahjong!!!
    Com'on people... join the mahjong group i started...
    http://www.weliveinbeijing.com/group/group.rails?Gid=1000001749

we need at least four to play.

right now, there's only two members in this group!!!
  • Beijing Panda
    Beijing Panda wrote:
    Mahjong! very addictive, playing hk style to. My friends keep complaining to me, because I always go for the easy hands...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... it must have been 7 or 8 years since I last played MJ, I like the rule of "minimum 3 fan", then no one can win by quick easy hands ...

Also, we play "chou shui" as well (aka "draw water"), meaning the winner of each hand needs to cough out a little bit, and then the "pool money" will be used to buy food (lunch, dinner or snack), and if there is anything left, it will be shared equally ...

And I hate playing with the "flower tiles" ...

I play poker as well, but not the American style ... also, a variety of bridge, but we called it "500", also known as "Hearts" ...

I will join that group now :)

three short of one... only three of us signed up for the mahjong group....

plus 叮噹's not in Beijing. Looks like i can't play any mahjong this weekend :P
  • Gracie Liu
    Gracie Liu wrote:
    i luv mahjong games:P
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Been back in BJ for a few days now, but we are moving to another apartment at the end of this month, so I am afraid I am not available for the next few weekends ...

1. Who might actually have a proper table, or a square one suitable for play?

2. Who might actually have a full set of MJ?

3. Most importantly, can we start discussing about the details of the rules here, or in the group?

It looks like we all play some variations of MJ ... I just think we should discuss and agree about the rules now, instead of spending an hour or two to discuss about this on the table when we could use the time to play ...

How would we start this?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

To anyone concerned ...

We have finished moving into the new apartment, and surprise, surprise, the dining table is actually a full size MJ table, one of those very old ones with cup holders on each corner ... now all we are missing is one more player, the 144 tiles, some playing chips and time ...

• Miss Nice
    Miss Nice wrote:
    To 叮噹 : There are a lot of places called 棋牌室,but i think there is hardly anyone play 棋 in there, most of them and most of time they are playing 牌 which means mahjong. Four players pay a certain amount of money to play there, of course the 棋牌室 has prepared everything for the players : )

I so love mahjong~~! But i haven't played it for a long time, but i still remember how to make 7 couples and a whole dragon~~
    maybe i will join this group: )

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.