Discussion » Sports & Activities » International Rugby: Autumn Tests

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    Hey,
    Is there anyone here that'll be watching the test matches on the weekend? (Wales/New Zealand, England/Australia). I haven't really been out to Beijing in the night as I'm living out of town, and I'm looking for any directions or information on places that are showing the games.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Rugby League or Rugby Union?
  • Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:
    Isn't the Wales/New Zealand one on in the middle of the night here?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Oh, sorry, so it is Rugby Union ... I was thinking about the "Four Nation" game ...
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    Yeah it's...about 1.30am Saturday night. I was told there are bars in Beijing that will show the games and people make a night of it.

And yeah, Union.
  • JILL
    JILL wrote:
    1.30am Saturday night?It is 1.05pm Tuesday afternoon in Beijing now.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Best bet is to find a sports channel kind of web site ... I found a few for the "four nation" League game ... there should be some for the Test matches ... but I am sure the Aussie will beat the Poms ..
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    Yeah, I think something like Sopcast will be my last resort, but I'm sure there'll be places in Beijing these matches somewhere. It's just a matter of finding them!

And as for the Aussies, I sincerely hope so! The English are not playing particularly well lately anyway.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

As far as the football code is concerned, my personal choice is: League, Union, Aussie Rules (not sure why, most girls love it) and finally soccer ...

Since my wife insisted on NOT getting a dish, I can only settle for the results from newspaper and web site ... the Kangaroos (Rugby League) had not done so well over the last few years, the Wallabies (Rugby Union) is quite consistent, especially over the Poms ...
  • Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:
    We'll see! Australia haven't been playing exactly well recently either - something like 6 defeats in 7 Tests? I'm not overly confident, considering our (England's) recent form isn't exactly great either and around half of the main 64 are injured.

Sadly I don't think I'll have time to watch it this weekend either, which is a shame!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

It kicks start at 1:30am Saturday or Sunday, Beijing time, right? That is 4:30am Sydney time on either day, and my flight from Sydney to China (Shanghai transit, then Beijing) is at 9am Saturday morning, Sydney time, so I think I will need to catch some ZZZZ before and after the flight ... I will pass ...

It is usually OK to watch replay online or on TV, as long as none of your mates tell you the result first ... hahaha ...
  • Niklas Melander
    叮当,how old are you ?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... it is in my info ... I am 43 ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Just been catching up with the scores ... and all I want to say here is ... "aussie aussie aussie oui oui oui"

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    The English didn't play too badly in the first half, they just capitulated in the second.

And the Welsh match was painful to watch.

By the way, the answer to my question was 'The Den' which shows these matches, but is a pretty painful place to stay if you're not into over-aged prostitutes harassing you!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... how "over-aged" is "over-aged"? I am very old anyway ...
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Well, if you absolutely had to pay for sex(I don't know, let's say someone was kidnapped and the demands of the kidnapper were for you to solicit a prostitute) and lived in a city big enough to offer a wide variety of options in this area, what would be the highest age you'd be willing to accept?

I think any age over this age is 'over-aged' as I meant it!

(Mine is probably about 35, and these prostitutes were in their forties...so definitely qualify as 'over-aged' to my mind).

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... that's really old ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.