Discussion » Music » Salsa, Bachata & Tango anyone?

• 北摄 Beijing Center Of Photography
    北摄 Beijing Center Of Photography wrote:
    Hoping to find fellow lovers of Salsa, Bachata & Tango dance here.

If you love to dance to these music, we can go to Salsa Caribe or Cuppucino (on friday nights) together.

I'm trying to figure out which are the better schools for Salsa in Beijing. www.7class.com seems pretty good but they don't have that many lessons going on
    (from where i was ... Singapore... the schools have 3-5 classes per weekend, they got only 1-2...)

if you have a Salsa dance school to recommend, pls let me know :)
  • Winnie
    Winnie wrote:
    counte in for salsa..
    i like Thursday night tho. the teacher is good and it's for ppl who have basic skills.
    they offer classes..you should go check it out..8pm-9pm
  • Winnie
    Winnie wrote:
    count me in*
  • Kristin Lange
    Kristin Lange wrote:
    i've been intrigued with tango ever since i attended a Tango music concert during this year's arts fest! i even rented The Tango Lesson dvd from the library@esplanade...love the music especially. what a sexy dance....love to learn it though i have problems with following instructions :)

Lance, are you a regular at union bar at amara?!
  • 北摄 Beijing Center Of Photography
    San... are you bring me back to Singapore? I'm in Beijing now!

yes, when i was still in Singapore, i do go to Union Square (Amara) once in a while.

you can't learn Tango by watching DVDs alone. you need to dance and learn from feeling your partner's lead. check out www.tangosingapore.com if u like to take lessons.

OK... Back to Beijing...

Winnie, i'm confused by "Thursday night"... are you referring to classes by a certain dance venue on thursday nights? or is "thursday night" the name of a school?
  • Miriam Pedersen
    Any news on this one? I'm looking for good Salsa and tango Argentino Schools in Beijing as well. Maybe even private lessons.
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

Tango!!I want to learn Tango....

or upgrade my rumba, samba, chacha...

• Miriam Pedersen
    I did some research now by my own.

Here is a list of tango Argentino schools in Beijing.

Will probably check out the Taifeigo:

And TangoRen

As for Salsa I found the folllowing:

Seems they teach NY-Mambo-style.

LA-Style Salsa:

Don't know yet which one is the best. They all look quite professional.
  • Yunhai
    Yunhai wrote:
    i like dance, but firstly i may need some bricks and tiles before i really hit ballroom. thank for the info, i'll check it out.
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    tango is slow for me.

but I want to learn salsa. let me know if there is a good school...thanks!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.