Discussion » Dating & Romance » Who has it easier? Men or women?

• John
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Traditionally, men ... these days, it depends on the location and context ... I cannot be sure if women is easier, but it is getting easier than they used to be ...
  • 北摄 Beijing Center Of Photography
    There's a Chinese Saying

男追女,隔层山
    女追男,隔层纱

for a man to court a woman, he's separated by a mountain
    for a woman to take initiative, she's only separated by a veil

Go figure :P
  • John
    John wrote:
    My point exactly man! But what's a man to do when he's too busy creating his own career to move mountains? I guess he's better off just staying at the starting point....
    well... the man still ought to do some work. even if it takes him more effort than the woman.

staying at the starting point's kinda boring too.
  • John
    John wrote:
    True. I don't mind the chase and all but there was a time before where I actually was free to do all of that. Now just isn't that time and I've had my fair share of fun already.... I guess my situation is quite complicated/unique. I have to look beyond what most people choose to focus on....
  • John
    John wrote:
    It's all good though man. I think I know what I need to do.
    Tell us the good news when the time's ripe, John :)
    wow.... u r aggressive.
  • Undermoonlight
    i always feel i'm the most uneasy one~
  • Undermoonlight
    i always feel i'm the most uneasy one~
  • John
    John wrote:
    @Lance

Yeah man, I think I'll just stay to myself for now. That's actually the good news and the time is ripe! Got a lot of stuff I'm working on now that can take me far if I figure it out. Shanghai spoiled me. That's all. I'm used to having such a different lifestyle and now things seem quite dull in comparison yet its the best thing for me. So there ya have it!

@Shino W

Rape is never the way to go man.

@Undermoonlight

Could you elaborate please?
  • Undermoonlight
    hoho~for instance, when i meet a hot girl, i certainly wanna get laid~but i'm really not good at luring women to the bed~and that's why i'm uneasy~and nervous~and usually end up in a sigh~with my mouth running~
    Shino, whether you are kidding or half kidding, i'll be envious of whoever you take a fancy upon.

lucky guy :P
  • John
    John wrote:
    @Undermoonlight

I see. Well, if you focus more on personality instead of looks you will find that its much easier than you think. Also, its always good to have a plan since it won't always workout in your favor. It's not her body that's most important but her mind.
  • Undermoonlight
    We are men, for God's sake~I don't do those girly talking~
  • John
    John wrote:
    What do you mean girly talking? It doesn't hurt to communicate! You'd be amaze at what you can get when you do! You'd get over your nervousness as well. No one wants to be used, man or woman. If she gets the feeling you just want to use her then what's the point of her giving you what you want? It has to be mutual. I have been able to find women who I had a mutual understanding with and everything was ok. I still talk to some of them to this day. I'd rather be a man than a "man".
  • Undermoonlight
    Then, go fuck your "personality" ladies~~I don't give a shit~Um, one point worth being clarified: the sexual intercouse between men and women are supposed to be mutual; otherwise, it's rape!~Do you wanna me further elaborate this?~It'll be lengthy, and pitifully, it seems adults all know the fact~~and we don't need some talky teenager boy to give us a sex education lesson~no offense, man~
  • John
    John wrote:
    Hahaha! Well fuck you too then!
  • John
    John wrote:
    You're the one who said you felt uneasy....and you're 36? On WLIB.com? Ok. I guess I lost that one huh?
  • Undermoonlight
    what?~what's wrong with 36?~what do you know about "communication"?~just pretending to be knowledgeable~you black american duck (maybe some slumdog in Chicago who went to China for his "gold rush")~are you trying to messing around with me?~Let's see who'll be fucked~
  • John
    John wrote:
    Hahahah. Man you crack me up. I like how you guys always throw stereotypes at folks. I'm not trying to pass off as anything. When I'm not busy with other things sometimes I chill here and see what others have to say or sometimes I contribute. Anything else is the result of your own insecurities and having been in this country for over seven years I'd have to say that a lot of you guys are just simply insecure with no true understanding of self and it shows.

I came here originally because I found this place interesting. Speaking of gold rushes...wasn't it the Chinese....aw nevermind!
  • John
    John wrote:
    On second thought, I feel a bit sorry for you. I hope you find the inner peace you deserve.
  • Undermoonlight
    contribution is ok, but watch your tongue~However, i really really don't like you~I'm so sorry~and probably, no chick here would get your pieces of "radiance" (and you think you are charming?! and reasonable?)~I see lots of shitty persons like you every day~medicocre and swanky~what a pity!~
  • John
    John wrote:
    You don't like me? That's cool. No chick here? You could be right about that. This IS China afterall. Mediocre? Far from it. I don't show myself for anyone. My time here is purely for entertainment. Therefore I have nothing to lose since I'm not looking to gain anything on this site. You may see some of the things I've written in the forums or on my profile page but its true meaning is left for interpretation and that's how I want it. It lets me see just the type of people I'm working with. I can tell based on your posts here and on other boards that' you're not about much.

It's ok for me though, I'm only 23.

I see NOTHING pitiful about me. I have no reason to seek "face". I prefer something REAL. Nothing much you guys have to offer IMHO.
  • John
    John wrote:
    PEACE!
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    When I used to be a woman things were much easier. I should never have changed...

Still, you live and you learn...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.