Discussion » Ask a Foreigner » do you also got the issues between wife and mother

• Hanyang
    Hanyang wrote:
    just like the topic, my student who is comes from New Zealand, he thinks that's always a problem between wife and mother-in-law all over the world.
    what do you think? and where are you come from?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

It's a universal rule ... it's also a matter of being considerate and accomodating ...

My wife is a Beijing girl and my mother came from Hong Kong, so there is a huge cultural clash (and gap), I try to explain to both sides where possible ... so my wife is making adjustment, as well as my mother ...

I am from Hong Kong, then Sydney Australia ... will go back to Beijing next weekend

• Hanyang
    Hanyang wrote:
    excuse me? your mother comes from HK,she is Chinese,isn't she? both of them are Chinese,and there is still a huge cultural clash????
    My student who is abt 60 years old woman,she told me she have 3 children,the oldest one is abt 30,she is white and her bf is black, she thinks it's kinda a problem,but she never comment that..... I really respect that.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... "cultural crash" exists even if they both came from the same city, when you get married, you will find out ...

HK is very different from Beijing, or China as a whole ... very different ...
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    Yes HK is very different from Beijing,even the HK mother in law.The beijing ones seems will always take very good care of the couples even after married,but they are doing the same thing,the HK ones.And ahaha,luckily,I have a good and special HK aunt whom always take very good care of me!!!! ^^
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    Yup, sure it is pretty universal. The father and son in-law relationship is generally pretty difficult too.

I'm fairly sure my ex-girlfriend's father would like to have seen in pain.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Miriam Pedersen
    Competition. Mother-in-Law considers your wife as rival. This kind of tension is usually extrem if the husband used to be a mama's boy.

Exactly the same thing for men.
  • MoMo
    MoMo wrote:
    距离产生美~
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Per Humphrey's words, imagine a peaceful world where the wife would listen 100% to the mother ... hahahah ... NOT ...

The advice I gave to my wife ... say "yes" to my mother, but not necessary doing everything she told us ... old people like to feel that they have the authority, even when they know that they are wrong ...

• Miguel Ochoa
    Miguel Ochoa wrote:
    I haven't married yet.... lol, just passed....
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... then you will be homeless ... harmony is still the key here, even if impossible, and that needs plenty of communication and understanding ...
  • Marte Joahansen
    My Grandma always said " What ever he sees sitting down, even when my mum

climbs a tree..she would have but only blurred views..".Perfect answers would be

given only when the man chooses who he wants to marry...The old Mum...or his

youthful wife.

Only the Husbands would seize the occurrence of disputes as such.

Clev.
  • Hanyang
    Hanyang wrote:

eh...... now I have some problem  abt that! but I think I would never argue,coz....I am wordless when I face to her. There is no topic between us, and I don't know how to break deadlock.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... now? how long have you been married? are you living together? details would help me to help you ...

• Hanyang
    Hanyang wrote:

Dingdang!你怎么那么热心呢!lol....just married...but we don't live together,that's makes me feel better, but this weekend,I will go to her house with my bf....and we will live there one night. God! how can I handle it 啊啊啊?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... sounds like the reverse of "Meet the Parents" ...

Your "phobia" must be based on something, whether it be confirmed or guessed ... so what are they? How bad can it be?  

• A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

jesus! boyfriends should create a syndicate in order to fight the excesses of their 少爷

• Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:

if i were married and the wife and mom argued. i would just take a long walk. and let them upset each other because they are so stubborn to begin with that I would not have any way to calm them down. just let them duke it out while I go fishing

• Xiao
    Xiao wrote:

No, I don't.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.