Discussion » Nonsense » TOEFEL vs other tests

• Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    The standard of English excellence from what I understand is given in the TOEFEL exam. I understand there are other country's exams in English. Are these required to go to other countries such as Canada, England,Australia, Germany, and others? Am I right to assume USA is still the foreign country of choice to study? I have several friends in England and they love it, sans the weather!.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

Steven, you could simply google it to know what's  the requirements to enter into the shools of Canada, England, Australia, Germany or others.

People will tell you some information here, but probably not very accurate and comprehensive.

You can see Chinese students studying in so many different countries, but for sure USA is among one of the top priority choices.

• Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    Thanks for your thoughts Maria Ma. It was more of a question on taking one test over the others. I have had Chinese friends say they couldn't pass the test to US but to get into other countries was easier. You are correct about googling for certain info.

I have 2 friends in Oxford and they are very happy to be there.....one of my Chinese friends is in my school here in Virginia..Virginia Tech. Yes Chinese students are everywhere here in USA. I saw a show on cctv9 where they interviewed a US official who stated they were going to allow even more Chinese students to come to the US..what a great idea.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Maria said "You can see Chinese students studying in so many different countries, but for sure USA is among one of the top priority choices."

When you said that, I think you have already answered the question ...
  • Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    True but some of my friends didn't do as well as others in this test and still must stay in China or take a "lesser??" test and go elsewhere where it is easier. It would be interesting to see the stats on the various countries,,,,sure is one way to spread China's reach.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.