Discussion » Music » want to learn guitar

• Laurayoung
    Laurayoung wrote:
    I'm a guitar beginner and want to know how much a guitar will be okay for a guitar biginner? If you have second-hand guitar for sale, send me a pic and let me know how much, thanks!
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    I occationally played it in college, but never serious, just for fun, then quit for years... I know a guy who plays quit good, and own bunch of stuff like Fender, Gibson, as well as acoustic and classic ones, but he generally only practices on an aged acoustic one, and he told me it's a second-hand one and it cost him RMB50 abt 8 years before. I know how hard to make out decent chord out of it. I agree with Peter, if you're willing to learn, a RMB 400 is even more than enough. And when you master it, you can master everything. Just like if you can smash Beijing's ring road in peak time, you can do it everywhere in the world.

Umm......why not try them all by yourself in a guitar store, I believe you will find out that an RMB1000 one will be much better than a RMB200 one, but feel the same, or even better than a 10 grands kid, or what to say...you can't sense the difference.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Check out Laura's question again: "how much a guitar will be okay for a guitar BEGINNER"~~My suggestion is the same as Peter's, a 400-1000RMB one, coz you are right: "someone who quit years ago they might not have that much of a difference", exactly the same to a beginner. I think I need not to say more, there are plenty of example around the world, no matter which level someone eventually reach, a world class master or a superb amateur player in college, few of them started from some 10k stuff. They quit because of cheaper ones? No. Do someone quit because of cheaper ones? NO, they will quit whatever he/she use. Oh, right, almost all instrument masters or superb player got start in this way.

Btw, do not partially quote my words, "or what to say...you can't sense the difference", you should add this in your quote.

I agree that the price tag doesn't always reflect the quality, but...playing style??? for a beginner? are you kidding? If someone dare to seriously speak out his/her PLAYING STYLE when he/she learns a certain instrument no more than 2-3 years, he/she must be a genius! or I had to admire his/her confidence.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Or are you interested in cameras? Let's have a talk abt the differences between a D3x and a 1000D, there are plenty things to say. But someone ask me which to buy if he/she want to learn, seriously, my suggestion will be "buy a second hand one, then focus on your vision, not the camera itself. Maybe some day later you will find what's best suit you, and buy a new one".

Playing style for a beginner...LOL..."hey bro, I never touch a single string in my life, and now I want to get a electric one, which pick best suit my PLAYING STYLE? a Duncan? or an EMG?"...(-_-!)...
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    pickup, sorry~
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Hey, Joe, think you missed the point again, we are not talking abt what equipments you have or what kind of music you play, if you organise a equipment show or performance, I'd like to go and check out what you can do out of them~ we are here to provide suggestion directly in response to what someone asked. I've gave out my suggestion already, as well as the reason~
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Oh, Joe, i had to say it again: check out Laura's question again~

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:
    Laura..see...
    i told you..that's what i told ya;)
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    ??, Winnie, what's your "secret plan"? hehe
  • Laurayoung
    Laurayoung wrote:
    i bought a guitar and had my first guitar lesson yesterday,amazing!
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Having fun :-)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.