Discussion » Art & Design » Logo Design - Feedback Wanted! :-)

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    I'm working on designing a logo for a company runned by some some past colleagues in Australia. So, as na experiment I want you guys to look at the logo and guess what kind of business they are running :-) So, go on - start guessing!

Click HERE to view the logo
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Someone said "Australia"? Woo hoo ...

Well, I think the left bit looks like a wine bottle, so maybe about wine? ... I think I have in fact seen one very similar to this back in Australia ...

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    Wine is correct! Here's the final label. What do you think? =)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    The name of the brand is "Label"?
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Awesome. Seriously.
  • John
    John wrote:
    Not bad at all!
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:

叮噹: Yes, the name is Label. They chose this name because they wanted a brand representing wines that are handpicked by Label from various Australian wine yards. Makes sense? Btw, can you remember where you saw a similar logo before? I suspect that it just reminds you about other logos that use the shape of the product in a character - this is done in many logos, but I've never seen anyone shaping an L to look like a wine bottle before though... :-)

Kent
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    I ran a few searches for "bottle shop", "liquor shop" among the Australian web sites, but cannot find one like it, so maybe I was wrong about this ... it might be that someone also used the "bottle shape", but not as the letter "L" ... if that is the case, then you are OK here ...
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    I did that too. didnt find anyone at all =) Sweet!
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Is it ok if I guessed that its a dildo label, no wait! I meant wine! sorry

I think it is a great label. Is it me or are there alot of really cool expats and locals on this website. I think only certain types of people are coming to China to explore it in depth. It is really interesting.
  • Pomatree
    Pomatree wrote:

I like this!! the logo looks like a milk bottle to me, maybe it's a company for milk powder produced by kola mummy and kangoroo daddy. (excuse my spelling)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Kent ... I happen to be heading back to Sydney on weekend, and I am sure I will visit any of the large supermarkets with attached bottle shop, if I happen to see anything similar, will let you know ...

Pomatree ... "milk bottle"? hahaha ... who would provide the milk? Both animals are not known for their milk production ... and it's "koala" and "kangaroo", the first is always on drugs and the second is just for meat consumption
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    Here's an update. The client is super happy! There might be some small changes or adjustments on the final version, but I think this is pretty close to finished :-)

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    I've had a hard time to decide on flowers or not, but i think im leaning slightly more towards no flowers =) everyone who reads this: flower texture or not?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Honestly, I did not notice it before ... so I dont think it is all that noticeable
  • 张翯
    张翯 wrote:
    The letter "L" is rally like a beverage logo, i like it, i don't like the background, i suppose that is wall paper, how about translucent of the background?
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    Peter: I'll quote you in my next mail to them and let your quote convince them to drop the flowers :-) Haha.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Sheryl, does the size of the bottle matter? ...

Kent ... been back two days, went to two different supermarkets with bottle shops (or wine cellars) attached, plus an independent one ... and I am glad to report that I have not seen that logo, I am afraid I dont know any wine brands in Australia, so I can only say that yours is OK for now ... cheers
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    The design is now finished and sent over to the customer :-) Here's the front and back label for one of the bottles. The others are in light gold, dark gold and silver color.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Kent, sorry about the late report, but I finally find the logo in Australia that looks very similar ...

The shop is called LiquorLand, and its logo is two bottle-shaped "L", very similar to the one you have designed ... please have a look at www.liquorland.com.au

Take care ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.