Discussion » Dating & Romance » Chinese women make the perfect wife

• Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    I am 58 and almost divorced from my Russian wife of 10 years..I have searched the world over to whom would make the best wife and my conclusion is China. Being retired from United Airlines lets me travel the world for free and I have dated/seen women from every continent except Africa. I have been to China 5 times this past year from Washington DC going to Beijing. Sichaun/Chengdu, Shanghai/Suzhou/Hangzhou, and intend to go to China every 2-3 months. It is my opinion that the Chinese women are the best for wives in my opinion because: they are typically well educated, beautiful, very cultured, place a high emphasis on their childrens education and progress, high respect for the husband, the parents, resourceful, money saving, and the family. Additionally, they are fun, loving, and kind, and yes, make the m,ost beautiful babies...I would love to have 2 babies with my future Chinese wife..which is allowed in both USA and china, being a foreigner. These are my obsevations and surely not every girl/woman fits this mold, just so many do.....what the typical Chinese woman sees themselves as ordinary, where we in USA see them as extraoridnary and specially gifted in love and family.
  • Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
    haha,yes, most of Chinese woman can be a very goog good wife, but sometime the problem is come from the "good " too. A little older, womaa would like to take care of her husband like take care of the children; younger, wish her husband take care of her like take care a childern. so is a man want a wife? or want a mother or a daughter,?
  • Pomatree
    Pomatree wrote:

agree with the great title, we chinese women also make whatever we would like to. wahaha

• 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

Thanks Steven!  for your advertisement for Chinese women.

And I'm glad you haven't found bad sides about them so far...:-)

• Pomatree
    Pomatree wrote:
    let's not turn this into one of your life stories or a marriage seeking ad.
  • Ottoatm (馬毅堯)
    I have to say, that after a lot of thought and some experience, I can't agree with that statement as a general "rule". They are very faithful and won't cheat on you, that is REALLY nice... but they are the most demanding "mates" I've ever come in contact with... I think it's the result of watching a lot of romance movies and never actually having that many relationships, so they have very very high expectations. Or maybe I just had some bad eggs, I've only been with two Chinese, but one was for 5 years, so that has to say something! ;)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    Too late to stop Steven now, I think ... though I must say, this is a very smart way to attract Chinese girls ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    Otto ... the traditional values still hold among the majority of Chinese girls/ladies, however, a lot of them grew up with the conbination of Chinese values and some fascination (or unrealistic expectation) of the western culture (note: not western men), and hence the result product ... e.g. a lot of Chinese girls have thought about multiple lovers or ONS, but they would never try it ...
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

I was just about to leave the office until I read your post, then I feel I have to say something...

Steve, could you find an American girl in 20s or 30s when you are 58? I bet you can't. And that's partly why you choose girls from developing countries. And you can find even younger girls in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos or Thailand. You think many Chinese women choose you for love? How about you change your face to an old Chinese man with no wealth at all, then test their love towards you...

Now the big dillemma is to find the right girl/woman to come to America to love and make the family/good wife..not for the coveted "green card"...how does a man know the true intentions of the Chinese woman...

You may never know the truth for her intention. We are actors and actress in daily life stage. Your intelligence is not enough to figure it out what is acting part and what not.

Maybe I had wrong breakfast this morning and became too emotional...

• Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
    英文不好,用中文。本来看了楼主的回帖,差点破口大骂,我最讨厌欧美老头在自己的国家没市场,就跑中国来勾引年轻女生,还一副洋洋自得的吊样,简直欠砖头来砸。幸好Maria Ma表达了一部分我想表达的。
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Maria Ma
    Totally agree.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Steven, I think you can find many more girls aged 14 or younger in countries like Cambodia, but I had to say this won't add any extra testosterone in your nuts~~Actually what you said in your original post is quit enough, and nobody's interested in your mean-nothing life stories. Or, what to say, personally if i'm going to tell my romance stories to others, I'll focus on the complexity or interst of the story itself, not on listing out trash like "see what i got", who I ever hooked up with, as well as listing out their ages. It will make me look like nothing but a totally unconfident loser -- typical result of one of the easiest Freudian psycho analysis. Hey buddy, being old is not pathetic at all. Admit it, and be cool, then maybe you can find a really smart Chinese woman someday. Good luck~~
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

It may be a little weird, but I agree with both sides here.  When is a relationship only about love anyway.  Wether we admit it or not people need other people for various things.  It may be beauty, money, friendship, love, security, etc... there is always something we are after.  I hold love to be very important to me, but I am not going to fool myself into thinking I do not look at beauty when I am looking for a mate.  I do think that Chinese women are amongst the most beautiful to me, but I know that I need to look deeper than beauty in order to find my match.  I dated a couple of Chinese girls who's families had money, so there was no reason for them to want me for a green card. I do think they were too young though because they were so infatuated with me, for whatever reason, and would not give me any space at all. If I find an independant Chinese woman I will keep her if I can.  Is it bad for a foreigner to want a Chinese woman?  I plan to settle down in China so what kind of woman should I have?  I think what Steven was trying to say is that the Chinese woman's mindset is inline with what he is looking for at this point in his life.  It is not his fault that very young an beautiful Chinese girls do not have a problem going for an older man with money, just like it is not anyone's fault if older independent women with money like to find young studs to give them a good time with no strings attatched (I am not reffering to myself.)  People have their own perogatives when it comes to finding mates. Although I also get were you are comming from Maria.  Although I think an older guy can also find a young woman in the United States because they represent stability and security.  It just so happens that he Steven wishes to provide stability and security to a Chinese girl.  I see old Chinese guys walking around with beautiful young women on their arms all the time.  It is probably because they can provide security.  I also like to think of relationships between men and women as romanticized fairytales where evolution does not apply and love decides everything, however I think it is more like a balance between the two.  Having experience with western women I can say that I have yet to be challenged and they bore me.  Chinese women however intruigue me to no end.  I just hope I am worthy of getting the type of Chinese girl I want in the future. 

The reason is simple why Steven does not go to the other developing countries to find a younger woman.  It is because he is not just looking for a younger woman.  He is looking for the worldview, beauty, intelligence,values etc... that he feels Chinese women seem to have the right combination of.  Why go to other Asian countries to get a replica when he can come to China and get the real deal.

Steven do not play around with their hearts man.  Let them know exactly what you want from the beginning and you should have no problems with finding a great partner.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    Just came back from the gym, too tired to type too much, esp when there are a few threads I need to catch up, hahaha ... I suggest deleting this thread ... anyone second that?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Why would we (WLIB) delete this thread? It's not in violation of our Terms & Conditions.

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    This issue is nothing to do with nationality. As you said, Kodi, there are plenty of Chinese old men who got much younger wife, or use to date his "next generation". So, I'm not criticizing "foreign older guy try to find much younger Chinese woman", and I'm not criticizing "older guy try to find much younger woman", too. I just gave out my suggestion to Mr. Ritter on how to express, or what kind of tone to use in public forum or anywhere else if you do not want others misinterpreting your idea and yourself. Kodi, you are a good guy, but not everyone is so considerate like you~~
  • Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    Several points of discussion.. This was to inyend to illicit discussion and to that end I have succeeded....sorry if I may have offended a couple with my personalization of the situation. Surely not intentional. What I didn't add was that I had been married to an American woman for over 26 years. I am not in the least interested in young girls, in fact my fiancee is 32. That said I would have accepted a much higher age had I found the older Chinese woman. Beauty is both inside and outside. The key is a balance. Men and women, young and old both have inherit advantageous and disadvantages. Very few American women come to China to look for a husband is that generally they are unwilling to support a new husband with limited means, while in the transition stage, where men like me can support a wife while she retools in college, or gets adjusted to the new way of life. I have had girls/young women age 24-30 ask me to find them a young (like age) / American men for them ....those age men in America have little resources to go overseas to search and there are plenty of women to choose from in the USA. I am looking for the Chinese wife from mainland China instead of the US is because I want the woman who has yet to be spoiled by the good life and resources we have in America, pure and simple. I might add the woman I have chosen (she chose me first)(age 32 from Shanghai/Suzhou) has a masters degree in American literature, a law degree, and a degree in international finance...very beautiful and very intelligent..and very important, her parents accepted me with enthusiasm. Again this forum was to bring about discussion on Sino-American relationships of any age group (of marriage age) I appreciate all the comments...even the ones that might seem irritated for their own reasons. It is still my assertion that you Chinese women make a better wife than women of other countries, in part to your culture. Maria Ma..xie xie for your input as you were leaving work..could I find a young girl20-30 in the US..perhaps, but they would not possess the traits and culture I am looking for..and I was looking more for the 30-40 age group..you too Kodi and Ottoatm Now Da Fan, xie xie for your good luck/wishes...young kids are not my thing..and even the Chengdu girl (who is still my friend and got married July 1) was deemed too young. Pomatree..wo dong. xie xie
    **** wrote:
    whouah steven !don't go too far.chinese woman are not well educated some of them are but 90% of them are not and they don't know how to be a good parents because they do wathever their child want them to,and i saw so many mothers in the street that are so careless with their child.also chinese woman have no class,no chic,and they are so selfish,i lived in china for 3 years and i can tell u that if u want a beautiful,mature and intelligent,well educated woman who takes care of her child then u must go in korea or in japan.but not in china.oh u can find one for sure thay are not that bad of course i know some of them who would make good wifes but they lived a long time outside of china and learn manners and international ways so good luck i don't even know if this is true maybe steven doesn't even exist its maybe a fake article post by the website cause i never heard so many bullshit
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Alban
    "i don't even know if this is true maybe steven doesn't even exist its maybe a fake article post by the website cause i never heard so many bullshit."

Uh, no.

I'm going to make some popcorn and watch this trainwreck of a thread unfold. We've got a guy pouring out his soul, we've got cultural stereotypes, we've got smears against women and all sorts of misguided bullshit.

Tasty.

• KA
    KA wrote:

I wonder why a person at the age of 57, and divorced already two times (from an American and Russian) still looking for a perfect wife...There is no "perfect wife". Good luck, anyway!

• Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    Ashley..very good points you made..and yes I am real, own my own service business of 100 people serving over 40 airlines at one of USA's largest airports and retired early from United Airlines at age 55. As to the book..it is just an idea at this point. When I was searching for the qualities and culture of the Chinese wife, I seeked input from my Chinese american friends, my Chinese mainland friends, and from my Asian friends from various countries. There are many, many marriages between Chinese women and American men and I was looking at many mega-bookstores that might give me some of the insights, such as you and others gave me Ashley, and I am always appreciative..good or bad. I agree with what you said on the Chinese view of the economics of marriage, not the love as we tend to do in the USA. I have had some chinese friends of mine tell me that their parents were pressuring them into marriage at age 25-28, so they could have their child, and thus their pension provided for hopefully. As to the green card, don't be delusional into thinking that it is not sought after world wide. There are no greater freedoms of opprtunity as there is in America..and our food here is much more inspected here than anywhere on the planet. That said, I just love a Sichuan hot pot .mmm so tasty! And yes, there are hundreds of thousands of Chinese women willing to leave the motherland for a new life elsewhere. I can give you countless dating services that show available Chinese women looking for husbands in foriegn lands. Thanks for your input. One last thing for now...I am considering retiring to Hangzhou when I sell my business in 3-5 years.....People are friendly, economics make it a good thing, love the food, can do import-export, and may teach Englsih for fun to give back to the people I enjoy so much.
  • Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    Perfect is a figure of speech Masha..It was an intention headline..that said I do believe the Chinese women on the whole have great characteristics as so mentioned..No one is perfect anywhere...especially this author. I appreciate the good luck...I am very happy with my fiancee as we video chat/chat/phone no less than 10 hours a day while we are apart. And I fly to China every 2-3 months. I did make a mistake 10 years with my Uzebekistan/Russian wife, a master pianist, but had no idea her intentions until 5 years ago..mistakes happen and we are never too old to correct our mistakes in search for our true love and partner. 慢的一点我了解您的感觉和再次我不是,在学生新娘,您认为之后,但是更加成熟的妇女30到40。 有寻找更好的生活的数十万名中国妇女海外,假如是美国,欧洲,加拿大,澳洲。 他们的离开的原因变化,但是一条螺纹共同兴趣是被察觉的更好的生活。 作为一个更老的人,但是不老,当健康是,我们倾向于有或许一个更加年轻的人也许缺乏。的更多资源、成熟和情感安全。 有加号和负号在这个问题的两边。
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    OK, I change my mind ... let's keep this discussion ... I am with Masha (or Marsha?), because it seems unrealistic for someone with two failed marriages to find a "perfect woman" ... and dare I ask, what if the third marriage (or rather, third wife) is not perfect? Another divorce, and then onto wife number 4? ... I must say though, the unending search of the "perfect woman" is admirable, but at the same time, well, what is that word?
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Everyone has their right to persue happiness and if a great wife is the thing that will make Steven happy then so be it.  Now that we got the discrepancies cleared up he should not need to defend himself about it.  It was clearly our misinterpretation of his intentions that made the thread ugly, however we have expressed our views on some pretty good issues regarding marriage and finding a mate.  Everyone has his/her own ideas about what a perfect mate is and if we were to express those ideas I am sure many people would disagree with us.  Of course not all Chinese girls are well educated, but as we know he is not looking for an uneducated one.  I find that a problem with conversation is that people tend to often take what they hear at face value instead of taking the time to think about the subtext.  What are the fundamental values that Steven is looking for in a woman?  NO matter what we heard if you look at the things he said and strip away the generalizations and you will understand that even though not all Chinese women have the values he seeks he explains what he is looking for.  Many the come backs to his posts are missing the points.  I am not defending him, but I often have the same problems when trying to understand peoples thoughts.  I also sometimes get caught up in arguing about what I find is wrong with the ideas they express instead of listining to what they are saying about themselves in the subtext.

• KA
    KA wrote:

Well, Blue Cartoon guy/girl, My name is Masha (Маша) not Marsha. haha. Steven, I like when you say, we are never too old to correct our mistakes! I wish you good luck! ;-).

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    Blue Cartoon guy? Hahaha ... that's a good one ... guess I watched too many episodes of "Brady Bunch" and I cannot get the quote "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha" out of my head...
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    "we are never too old to correct our mistakes", Steven, I like it. Gook luck! sincerely~ And Ashley, keen perspective! You're right, China is sort of too utilitarian now, and cynical thinking is widespread: nothing wrong to each individual but not so good as a characteristic of a society. As to why some Chinese girls want got preference to foreign guys, check out another tread in this forum, there are much more comprehensive opinions in it. The composition of nowadays Chinese society is quit interest. Characters such as "well educated, middle-class" can sufficiently represent a economical social hierarchy, but not sufficiently represent a sociological hierarchy, interesting huh? not yet finished: most people only get in close touch with a small portion of people with similar econimical status/career occupation in their daily life, esp for foreigners. To conclude, one maybe only see the peak of an iceberg, and involuntarily ignore/unable to see the underwater part, and even the peak, what he can see is just its seemingly similarity on its surface~~
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

I am going to ignore the pathetic things I've read on this thread, and focus on "the perfect wife" aspect.

I've never been married and I don't want to get married.  Regardless, a "perfect wife" really depends on the individual.  What are you looking for? What do you want? Whatever it is you can probably find it anywhere if you look hard enough.

Do Chinese girls make the perfect wife? Well, I have many friends (both Chinese and foreign) who would say yes. And I have others ( including an American who is embroiled in a child custody battle with his ex) who will tell you to stay away from Chinese girls at all costs.

The point is, its the girl, not her nationality that counts.

• 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:

Steven, perhaps I was over reacted a little bit,  because your tone and the way you described your experiences with Chinese girls really make me uncomfortable.

I am a Chinese woman and am sensitive when I hear that some really  old American guy tells me that  "I had resourses and my Chinese wife will be able to travel the world for free the rest of her life(and kids to 25) " or "I had paid for her last year in college in Chengdu. " something like that. Yes, it made me uncomfortable and the weird nationalism haunted me again!  That's why I responded your post in that way.

I can sense that you are serious about your relationships with Chinese women from your other posts and I try very hard to convince myself that those Chinese girls are crazy about your charm not something related to your American background and wealth. 

Kodi said, a relationship is not just about love; it contains various things. And I have to say, Kodi, you've finally understood the "essence" of Chinese marriage, and which is the dark side of our society.

Steven, you describe Chinese women as "they are typically well educated, beautiful, very cultured, place a high emphasis on their childrens education and progress, high respect for the husband, the parents, resourceful, money saving, and the family. Additionally, they are fun, loving, and kind, and yes, make the m,ost beautiful babies..."

Those are the qualities you find in Chinese women. Perhaps it partly true, but is that so difficult to find the same thing back to your country? Based on statistics, American women should have higher education level than Chinese women. And they are funny, beautiful, respecting  to their partners. When they have children, they would love to sacrifice their jobs to look after them and when the kids grow up, they go for their career and be independent again. American women are great. So do other countries' women.

Like Peter said, "The point is, its the girl, not her nationality that counts."

So stop saying American men is the best (in another thread) and Chinese women are perfect wives. And try to focus on being "perfect husband" instead of seeking " perfect wife"...

Good luck to your third marriage!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    Hahaha ... 6:45am local time, and good morning all (if anyone is out there) ... dont mean to brag, but as far as being "expressive" is concerned, us Aussies beat the Americans even with one hand tied behind our back, I am sure ... [carriage return, twice...testing]
  • Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    hahahaha love you Aussies...don't know if I would agree with you mate, but does it matter in the big skeem of things...My fiancee's bf before me is an Aussie, and she was prepared to go to Australia..lucky me she changed her mind..I ponted out she had a master degree in American literature, not Australian literature..not to boast, but is there a course in Australian literature..kidding mate..you boasted to me friend...hahaha I had to talk her out of wanting to go there and Canada...lots of Chinese go there..brrrrrrrrr beautiful country, but soooo cold in winter...love the Canadians too, except the Quebecqois...they are more like the French.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... I am sure there is a course about Australian Literature, though not available in China ... lunch time

• Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    Hey mate, don't know your name, but you seem cool..love to have a brewsky with you sometimes..Now that is something I heard..that the aussies can drink their beer!!

Hey Joseph..had to laugh..My Suzhou sweety early on suggested I look to a Taiwanese girl because she thought they were better educated. hahaha I told her no way, that she was the one I wanted...good answer, she concurred.

Here is a interesting point..when I was searching for my Chinese wife, and I had the pleasure to chat with maybe 30-40 Chinese girls from many, many different cities, some not in China...they tried to convince me why girls from their area made better wives..funny answers sometimes.as several people correctly pointed out wisely.....it is the individual girl, not the localel
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    Hahaha ... I am such a disappointment, because I cannot drink, but I wont mind a cuppa or coffee sometimes ..
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    Oh, I did not see your last paragraph ... I am very curious what kind of reasons did those girls give you ... just words? or something more? Hahaha ..
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Why anyone would share intimate aspects of their life using their real name on a public forum is beyond me. The Internet doesn't forget anything. This conversation will come back and bite you in the ass someday, Steven.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    Hmmm ... good point ... using real name is a very "brave" act, however, telling everyone your history (private life) might not be the best move you have ever made ...
  • Winnie
    Winnie wrote:
    what else can i say except....
    Dame right!!!!!
    :D
  • Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    Last few statements are right...perhaps I shouln't have used my real name, but at 58 I have been honest..believe in the tenants in don't lie, cheat, steal, kill, or have sex with the neighbors wife. I am glad and thankful for the many responses. My Aussie friend, I don't drink much anymore..you drink your coffee and me my hot tea or chocolate. Peter, often I would agree with you...I am very happily engaged to my Suzhou sweety..our pics are in my gallery. My forum was to open discussion..and to that end it did Winnie..hahaha apppreciate your humor. Aussie mate.. Some friends in the Beijing/Shenyang area advised me agaist the girls in The Sichuan, Shanghai, and Guangdong. They stated watch out for Chengdu girls because though they were regarded as being beautiful, they were only after your resources. The advice agaist Shanghai girls was that they were only after the green card and would leave once the opportunity presented itself. The advice against Beijing girls was that they were not as modern or as educated . I laughed....my gf from Beijing went to Tsingua Univ....one of the best in China. Everyone presenting their self interest...I dated girls from all 3 locations, all nice, all educated, all friendly, all beautiful...and still friends. It comes down to the individual.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    Hahaha ... Steven, bravo ... I admire you for the courage and boldness to go one step beyond where I would never go while I am in Beijing, i.e. write a third-party comment regarding Beijing girls ... say no more, we are definitely due for a coffee/tea appointment when I return to Beijing, provided you have not been assassinated ...
  • Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    hahahaha My esteem friend, I am in Washington DC now..and travel to China every other month...thank you United Airlines....Its a 15 hour trip both ways to either Shanghai (via Chicago) or non stop from my airport (Dulles) to Beijing. Last April I went there for 1 full day to be with my fiIAncee..honestly, I would have gone there to give her a kiss and return...it was a couple days in heaven...but so is every trip...if my government would relax the rules, I would fly her here in a heartbeat! Yeah...maybe we might just meat up mate!!
  • Kenneth Pettersen
    Debate and debate...everyone has his/her own life, if you are happy with your choice and decision, just do it. Because life is short and you know your way how to enjoy it.

• Anne-Line Søderholm
    @OP

Are you looking for wife or hunting for girls? From what you wrote about your Ex and Exs (!!!) I assume you're just hunting for fresh meat

I bet you were posting the same about RUSSIAN GIRLS MAKE THE BEST WIVES in your 40s

Go get a life man; not all Chinese girls are hanging for a damn US Visa

I've been here for 12 years and seen people who consider China as a cheap wh....house, you can get plenty of wh... here but please don't call it WIFE HUNTING
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    so-called "chinese women are the best wife and make the most beautiful babies"... I remember one dictator said the same, the only different is that he prefer Aryans.

The post also looks like the materials from an international trade class...such perfect wives and perfect men give me the feeling of products, selling, buying and bargaining.

What a pragmatic man, and i can expect ur wife would be higly pragmatic with the culture and value that u like. When such a high-educated, experieced, beautiful, smart enough, can-have-more-beautiful-babies girl finally fly herself to the heaven like country. she may probably search herself a more perfect husband, too.
    Dont be sad, it is highly based on law of the market.
    I am also sure u wont, since u can start once again to search another perfect wife.

说白了这美国人就是想,当了嫖客又立牌坊。

ps,每当我对美国人性格的厌恶有所改观之时,总是会有一两个再跳出来倒人胃口。
  • Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    Thx Yuki for your advices...in retrospect I might not have said perfect anything...we all have expectations of different cultures and groups...am I pragmatic...yes that is true...what you said at the end is both true and funny...but i am hopeful this is it.
  • Grace Chen
    Grace Chen wrote:
    Come on guy, I have to say you were not polulor in your own country or at the time being you stay longer in China and you feel comfortable here. That's all. This has nothing to do with the nationality. In every nation, there are both bitch and great wives. Please do not blame this American guy. Shall we think about why he can be successful in China in hunting girls 20-30 years youger than him? The girls are just mean.
  • Winnie
    Winnie wrote:
    I do not know why so many ppl get irretated by what steven posted here in the first place. he's making a statement. you might not agree but generalize him as an old foreign guy looking for a young wife is also rediculous. assumptions! assumptions!
    maybe it sounds a little rediculous to make general comments as Chinese women make best wives. especially it's obviously sensitive here.
    ppl can get offended and attack you.
    my little story:
    i have a friend who's about 67 yo from US. i met him 2005 when i took the summer job to teach english in Chengdu as partners. once or twice a year we hang out together still. it did me feel very uncomfortable when once i walked into a shop and was asked"is that your husband?" i was about 21 and still in university and had a bf.
    whenver we walk on the street, even ppl dont ask, i could tell from their facial expression that they thought its sick that we were "dating"....
    No, he was NOT looking for a wife!
    No, actually he's a good tho short tempered person!

I can not stop ppl from making assumptions! so all i can do is not letting it bother me.

So if you are happy with your family, do get disturbed by offensive posts here. but dude, sincerely, careful with your statement that trigers assumptions like this. for a moment, i really thought it's an ad.
    Merry Xmas, ppl!
  • Veronica Skagen
    American Women have a sense of entitlement
    so they figure everything is due and coming to them
    via their husbands
    so they take them for granted
    they do not earn their part in a relationship
    and thus are "disposable"
    they are also not as seen as marriage worthy as those from Asia and or Latin America who tend to have a different view on being a wife and the way they treat their men.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Oh shit!!! I thought it was my imagination that American women have something about them that makes me find them repulsive. When I find cool American women I usually chose to become close friends with them rather than try to pursue a relationship. A Chinese woman has my attention now and she knows how to keep it. I hope she keeps it forever. I do not see any way any American girl can ever capture my interest again after being to China. It is not physical for me. It is purely mental and ideological differences. However, I have noticed a strong emphasis on parental guidance in China whereas in the United States the family usually stays out of their child's personal relationship choices. Even though there are differences they are all worth overcoming in order to find happiness. I truly believe mine is in China. SO what if old foreign guys want to find young Chinese girls. What about the prestigious old professors who fuck their young students? 老牛吃嫩草 if it was not something that has been happening for ages then would there be an idiom for it? Old people are people too. As long as he is not with my woman I am ok lol. If he was with my woman then I must be doing something wrong haha. Is the problem because the old guys are white? Is it racism? Or do you just not like old people?
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Chinese girls rock!!
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    I honestly wish I had the willpower to try to convince people they are stupid...... but I guess I've realized arguing on the internet to be a pointless endeavor.

Wish I could get that 10 minutes of my life it took to read this back.....
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    Shino 我的话不是对你说的。。。别生气
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Acknowledge Kodi !!!! sorry to unload on you! ;-pI suppose you must be busier recently .
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Blair whats up? Call me!! I am sorry sometimes I fall into a hole and no one can reach me. It is not my fault its just who I am hehe.
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    one thing is for sure, i will never date a chinese girl again, at least not one of those one-child-family princesses of the post-80's generation.

one only deserves what one is willing to offer for others.
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    @webslave....that was harsh~~
    sounds like u've been really unlucky...
    Not all the only-child of the post-80's generation r selfish...
    We didn't grow up practicing sharing with siblings but most of us still could learn.
    But I do know some who didn't and won't, ha, don't really care for them either...

• Save Our Planet
    Chinese women can be aggressive and deceptive if they want to move to US. They are cats before marriage. Once they got what they wanted, they can become cannibals. I saw so many tragic cases in the past decade. It is time to educate people how to be cautiously prepared. You don't want to become a slave for your immigrant wife that eats up your whole time for driving, touring, translating, explaning, teaching, and also be the care taker not only for her but also for her families. A friend of mine. an old American, got tired up of driving up to airports and to immigrant offices every year. He was totally swamped and duped. Finally, after years of toture, he quitted by committing suicide. It's my best advice to foreigners who plan to marriage a Chinese wife. Be prepared and make sure you can handle it.
  • Save Our Planet
    A perfect person should be someone from the same race and the same culture. Mixed-race marriage is like horse and donky. They don't have common language. Ha ha
  • Save Our Planet
    I read news that Shanghai has the highest divorce rate in China - about 45%? Was the news true?
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    @ Candy Cute

everyone has his or her snake bite wounds and after 10 years one still is afrightened of fountain ropes, right? I m sure there are great girls out there, regardless of race, age or social background.

but my problem is i really seem to tend end up with those who can harm me the most. And it was a culture shock for me to find that most of the girls of this subject group share more or less a common attitude and view of values in life which i simply do not agree with.

anyway, i was just projecting it onto me, i didnt mean to generalize or prejudge those young vivid fellow countrywomen.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.