Discussion » Food & Drink » Tasty Vs Outback

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:
    I am assuming that at least some of you had been to both Tasty and Outback ... and I was wondering how everyone feels about these two...
  • John
    John wrote:
    You were wrong. A lot of people have had either or. I've had TGIF, but never Outback. Not sure if they had Outback in Shanghai. Tasty on the other hand is pretty decent in Shanghai considering its price. I think that's the best steak you'll get for that cheap. I haven't been out too much since I've come to Beijing.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    TGIF? The "Tasty" I was referring to has three price tags, 58, 98 and 128, each comes with a 6 course meal ... actually, about 5 min walk from my apartment, there used to be a place that had a decent steak set meat for 30 yuan, but when I went past two weeks ago, they have shut down ...
  • John
    John wrote:
    I know which "Tasty" you're talking about. I mentioned TGIF because its similar to Outback but I haven't been to Outback before. It's probably my second sentence in my first post that threw you off a bit. Very few people, especially the regular posters on this site, have had both based on the response you've received in this thread....or lack thereof...
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Steak Factory in Oriental Plaze is comparatively cheap and tasty, and its environment is fantastic, try it. Tasty is good, and even cheaper, worth to go a couple of times.
  • Børge Notkevich
    Tasty's stake is good, at least they got good wine to go with it :)
    never been to TGIF or Outback in Beijing. TGIF in Australia has good burgers :)
  • Valery
    Valery wrote:
    Where can I find Tasty in Beijing?
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    Have been to Outback in Beijing and Daejeon/Seoul(South Korea)...wasn't very impressed with the one in Beijing(Sanlitun).

If you give me an address for Tasty, I'll try it the next time I'm in Beijing and can give you a more balanced opinion!
  • Li Yuan
    Li Yuan wrote:
    My bf thinks Outback can never cook steak the way he wanted, since steak is what Outback famous for (I think he is being picky). I don't like the food there, cuz it is too greasy. But TGI Fridays has happy hours every hour everyday in the US :) Both of us like to go there for afternoon drinks and appetizers. I have never been to a "Tasty". what kind of food they have?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Angela, stake?

There is more than one location for Tasty, but the one that I have always visited is at Xi Zhi Men, level 3 in the Mall ...

• Børge Notkevich
    Steak :p guess I was having a brainless day!

I've been to tasty in Xi Zhi Men, Chong Wen Men, and also another one (got driven there last yr, can't remember location). Must say the Xi Zhi Men one is best so far.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Outback is marginal at best. Their steaks are not quite as bad as the charred scrapings off the grill (actually that sounds decent) but when I want steak, I don't think about Outback anymore than I would think about TGIF's when I think about burgers.

Outback has its uses though. Their sweet potatoes are generally pretty good.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

If anyone happens to be in HK, Outback HK at Causeway Bay has much better atmosphere and food than the one at Wang Fu Jing ... dont think there is a Tasty in HK though..
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I washed dishes in an Outback Steakhouse for the better part of a year while I was in high school. Job sucked, but the meal breaks alone almost made it worthwhile. That grilled chicken with the mountain of cheese on it is fucking win.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.