Discussion » Dating & Romance » give your phone number or not in a bar

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:
    hey, it's often said that guys go to a club to pick up girls and girls go there to find guys i often just go for dancing or chatting with my friends. i dont give my phone numbers and do not want to be disturbed too. but i have to admit that i did give my number once or twice when asked ( not to those guys that come up and flirt...hmm...honestly, i have to admit that was a quite good looking guy) we went out couple of times afterwards, just hanging out. but i got a question...why do guys ask for the number? i know most of you will say to get laid. but my question is, other than that, any other reasons? have you asked a girl for her number? have you given a guy your number?
  • John
    John wrote:
    Reasons why a guy would ask a girl for her number: 1. sex 2. sex 3. more sex 4. to hang out with her when he's bored Feel free to add to the list fellas!
  • Winnie
    Winnie wrote:
    hahaha..John im sure there are more....what happened to me has nothing to do with sex or bordom
  • John
    John wrote:
    Yet, those are the top two reasons I would get a girls number. Sometimes I need a break from work/school and most of the time I wanna.......talk.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:

Well I have asked a handfull of girls for their number over the years and I only ask if we have a great conversation or have some kind of connection.  I know some of my friends will sometimes ask some random girl whom they grind with on the dance floor with for her number and I am sure all they want is sex, but I do not like to grind with random girls unless they make it known that thats what they want to do, but then again I feel weird rubbing on girls in public places (thats just me)  I guess I do not have the motivation to just ask for numbers :D unless she is truely interesting.

• Gracie-Bear
    Gracie-Bear wrote:
    i give them fake phone numbers. don't hate. ^_^v
  • Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    Well, I say give your number out to someone you want to be with after you know them...Sure the reason could be sex, but it may be just wanting to further the romance...that is where you Chinese girls must use your intellect. Is this someone you might want to have a romance/relationship with? If not don't give out any number...no point in that. In fact it might be safer and wiser if the conversation is good to give your number to the girl...if she likes you she will call, without obligation.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Haha, right! O_o
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    It did happened to me for couples of times,and most of time I did not give my no.even fake,never.I know most of guys there are for sex,hunting,but Im there just for relaxing from work and dancing,so against to my purpose,then giving no. for what?I believe not all of them are like asshole,but at least most of them are.
    So if wanted me to give out number by myself,there must be something or someone really attract me so so so damn deeply,hehehehe
  • Steven Ritter
    Steven Ritter wrote:
    the last comment made by nina made thethe most sense. Whether you give your number out at a bar, a park, stadium, it doesn't matter so long as it is your desire to meet up with that person. Even giving your number is not an obligation for sex. If i got into a nice relationship with someone at a bar, wouldn't it be nice to see that person again. Either agree to a time/place or give out your number...give the girl an option of calling you back and continuing your good time...who knows.

Bottom line..give your number out if as Nina said, there is something there. Fake numbers are for kids
  • Amay
    Amay wrote:
    i was confused it before, .couples of times they asked me the phone number, of course, i gave them my right number, idont want to cheat.i thought about that if is it right or not, when they asked, i thought of them first, if i dont give them, it would make them embarrassed. cos i make them embarrassed. in turn, it make me uncomfortable.and then if i give them, is it necessary and safe?but at the end,morality control my mind,i gave them my number. i just thought that they wont disturb me cos it is unneceessary ,it is safe enough cos i am far away, if there was something do with sex i think it would be a magic
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    I never ask for numbers. I hate it when people do it to me, so I don't do it to others. If I meet someone I would like to see again, I give them a business card, which gives them a variety of different options for contacting me.
  • Ecce Marce
    Ecce Marce wrote:
    why life needs to be so difficult? If you have a good feeling about each other give it, if not dont give it. There are so many reasons to ask for a phone number as there are guys who ask for it. To draw a realistic picture of a persons mind you should also recognize that everyone has more than one motive. Maybe one guy likes 90 % the conversation and wants 10 % sex. Others might be the other way round. Maybe someone wants to build up a social network for 80 % and just feels 20 % positive about sex. So what? You anyway can never know what other people want. Just listen to your feeling and give your number when you feel right about it.
  • Ane Tinmannsvik
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Hahaha! I loved this thread so much I had to signup for the site!

Why do I ask for phone numbers? Because I think the girl (I think the main point here is about guy taking girls numbers right?) was either interesting or fun or both of them, because I'm attracted enough to her to think that I might want to see her again.

Yeah but see her for what? Then it depends, do I think she'd be a great friend? a great partner?

Seriously when I ask for a phone number, it's because I've spent some part of the evening / night with that girl chatting and having fun. If she is annoying to me or I feel annoying to her, I'll leave. But if everything goes fine, why would you not want to meet each other again?

Oh and you should stop wondering what the person asking wants and wonder more about what YOU want yourself. You liked him and want to befriend him? Then give your number and keep control of the situation if he aims for more than friendship and you don't want this.

I've never been refused a phone number by anyone. I think that if someone is refused the phone number, it's because he kind of asked for it out of the blue, he did not really connect with the person he's asking it so in that case yeah, no reason to give it!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.