Discussion » Gaming » Favorite Retro Game

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    Lets get nostalgic here! Think back to the first video games you played, google the name of your favorite game and post a picture if you can find it in this Discussion!

I'm gonna start with "Chip n' Dale - Resque Rangers (1991)" for Nintendo NES:

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:

Anyone play Earthbound before? Loved that game.

• John
    John wrote:
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

1. Pick up cartridge
    2. Blow the dust out
    3. Put it in the slot
    4. Make sure the tv is on channel 3 or 4
    5. Flip the switch to turn the game on
    6. Play
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    I guess it would be secret of mana.
  • Sumei
    Sumei wrote:
    Oh~ I like this game, very funny.

I played it many years ago!! Love it~
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    Alex Kidd. No need to blow dust out of the cartridges if you had a Sega Master System II, it was built into the console.
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    Alex the Kid in Wonder land was the shit. I remember the second level you rode in a car until you faced off with the boss in a game of paper rock scissors.

Contra is fantastic. In the UK, because of ratings board pressures, they had to change it into "Probotector". Basically they replaced the Macho Dudes with Aliens.

If you like Contra, try number 4 on the Nintendo DS that was released a couple of years back. Easily the best in the series.
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    Super Smash TV co-op,

good times
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    Ah wank wank wank wank.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

I have have it plus a load more retro shit setup on the telly Rob. We should have a retro wank sesh some time.
  • John
    John wrote:
    Yo does Mortal Combat count? A lot of boys growing up were never the same after that one!
  • John
    John wrote:
    Sonic the Hedgehog on Game Gear was the ish too!
  • Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:
    Well, the ones I've played again fairly recently would be Sonic on the Mega Drive and Super Mario World on the SNES, so they probably count as my favourite from back in the day.
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    Dickie, I'm IN.
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Time Pilot on Coleco Vision. Most of you puppies are too young to remember Coleco Vision, but it came with a free copy of Donkey Kong. Damn, I wasted hours on that thing.
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    well . . . i'm using Gameboy Advance in my PC to play all versions of Pokemon.
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    play what? play pokemon?
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    well . . . never heard of it,hahah~

hey yo~
    anyone playing DOTA here?
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    but man . . . Diablo is too old already.
    is there will be diablo III ?
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    okay,after i finished my pokemon,hahahah~
    maybe u can give me the link?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I recently ruined my childhood after downloading a original NES emulator and discovering that Nintendo wasn't as cool as I remembered.

Faxanadu, Castlevania I and III and Super Mario Brothers 2 (the weird one) are still cool, though.
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    yeah~Castlevania really cool,man!
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    Just remember: I used to chew up quid coins on an old arcade light gun shooter called Lethal Enforcers. Would love to play THAT again

Looking forward to Red Dead Redemption
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    I used to go nuts for Street Fighter in the Arcades. Then slowly all the Arcades in my hometown died and I was relegated to playing street fighter on my SNES.

When I came to China I felt 9 again when I found out arcades are still popular here. Chinese are fucking crazy at Street Fighter. My first 4 months in China I spent daily playing some old dudes chaining on Baisha and getting taught all this stuff I never knew before. I was in some city in Hebei so we used to get massive crowds of school kids watching the weird laowai who was pumping coins into the machines.
  • 卢克
    卢克 wrote:
    super ghouls and ghosts or maybe gradius 3.
  • Christian Hansen
    I still remember the long lines to play street fighter II in the 90's at my hometown.. good times

My fav retro game are Tecmo Super Bowl for NES and International Super Start Soccer for SNES
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Either the Legend of Zelda or Kung Fu! on the NES.

Videogames didn't really get good until the 16-bit era, though.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.