• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    We've been working day and night the past days, and launched a new forum! have a look and tell us what you think? http://www.weliveinbeijing.com/discussion/index.rails
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    Hahaha ... the lyric in my head "By Jove I think shes got it!" (from "My Fair Lady", 1964)

I can finally get [carriage return] working, it's fairly a "clumsy" way, but hell, it works ...

... "I could have danced all night, I could have danced all night" ...

it sounds so gay, so delightful, hahaha

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

I am still dancing by the way ... hahaha ...

Nice to have: allow attachment, or a way to share files, e.g. the Freegate zip file a few weeks ago, thanks

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Found a new issue, relevant to Chinese translation ...

When viewing any category, all the threads appear on the right, however, when viewing in Chinese, one could find this appearing on the screen:

4 几分钟以前... or 1 几天以前

whereas in Chinese, they should have been:

4 分钟以前... or 1 天以前

I am sure this is only a small glitch ... thanks

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

New bugs, maybe because it is Halloween ...

1. Some of the posts, possibly within the last 24 or 48 hours, are appearing with a negative time flag

2. Maybe because of this reason, the list of threads in "Last Discussion" are all stuffed ...

3. Also, when I go into any of the categories ... if I click on ANY of the person's name on the right, it brought me to this page:

http://www.weliveinbeijing.com/discussion/

Thanks.
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    Also fixed so we do not print "This comment is now deleted." No point in showing something that doesnt exist anymore =)
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    And fixed style on the Delete popup in thread.rails for forum admins =)
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    One bug now as the "This comment has now been deleted.." is removed, the count is wrong. Deleted comments should not be counted, or? :-)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Let the game begin ... ...

1. The numbers of discussions (or threads) in some (maybe all?) categories dont match the numbers appearing on the top left ... I randomly chose "Employment Opportunities" and I counted 31, when the display says 32

2. and within each category ... a "paging" mechanism is still missing ...

3. Nice to have - adding attachments or a file repository to share things

4. Might want to consider fixing the Chinese translation ... things like "已发布 6 几天以前" or "已发布 6 几分钟以前" are still appearing ... just taking out "几" will be much better already

5. And the last thing is the URL behind all the users in the "Last Discussions", when viewing any particular thread ... they all point to:

http://www.weliveinbeijing.com/profile/profilenew.rails?uid=$thread.postbyUserID

Thanks

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

1 and 5 are not fixed yet ... anyone?
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    "5. And the last thing is the URL behind all the users in the "Last Discussions", when viewing any particular thread ... they all point to:

http://www.weliveinbeijing.com/profile/profilenew.rails?uid=$thread.postbyUserID
    "

On what page is this? I can`t find it
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Actually, any page ... I will send you a PM with some screen dumps ...
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    "5. And the last thing is the URL behind all the users in the "Last Discussions", when viewing any particular thread ... they all point to:

"

fixed
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

As noted, some of the latest discussions are just resurrections of the old ones, so here's one of my light bulbs ...

Is it possible to show the "top three" (or "top 5%", the number was chosen in random) discussions of each category, appearing at the top?

This can be based on the most replies (comments) in that category or the most hit rates ...

Thoughts?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

It would be nice to allow poster to change the title of a thread ... maybe put a maximum of twice?
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    This might be a stupid question. How does one insert hypertext into a thread? I've seen some people do it.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Vincent, I am afraid I can always top you on the "stupid question" ... but did you mean HTML tags? You can do some of them, and here are two examples:

1. bold ...

2. italics
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

One question, or perhaps a suggestion ... could the forum "overview" hide the last post of a thread if it had indeed been deleted?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

* correction *

New issue, but not functional, more about "cosmetics" ... 2010-06-26 ...

Just noticed that there is now 1000+ threads in "Nonsense", and when viewing in "Nonsense overview", it gets slightly distorted ...
  • Joakim Lund Rangel

problem solved

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.