Discussion » Nonsense » What is AURORA building from Shanghai doing on the

• Marksman
    Marksman wrote:

Can anyone explain? The site is called we live in BEIJING!!! Creators don't know the city???

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Because Beijing rules! haha. kidding~

• Marksman
    Marksman wrote:

The title was not full, sorry! I mean: what is AURORA bulding from Shanghai doing on the home page of the website called WELIVEINBEIJING???)))

• Richie
    Richie wrote:

And the Aurora building looks prettier? ;|

IMO, the 'doggie' building says a lot about BJ ... LOL

• Marksman
    Marksman wrote:

I think it would be much more reasonable to take some Beijing Landmarks to put it on the front page, unless it's just looks non-professional and even absurd.

• Marksman
    Marksman wrote:

Please, do not post off-topic entries here, I will delete them. We were not discussing my avatar, even though I like it a lot)

• Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:

Totally agree with you Sheryl :3

[Something related to the topic]

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Two things:

1) Background has a Shanghai building. It looks cool. Deal with it.

2) We've been hard at work redesigning the forum. In the future, thread owners won't have the ability to delete posts. Thanks for bringing that up, Sheryl.

• Marksman
    Marksman wrote:

Pete De Mola: That's funny! The site about Beijing has a building from Shanghai on the interface. Why not put The Statue of Liberty here?)

P.S. It's not that I care that much, just was amazed and wanted to know if anyone else noticed.

• Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:

P.S. It's not that I care that much

>Implying u didn't rage all over the place

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

We're working on a new frontpage design that includes not only the Statue of Liberty, but the Taj Mahal, Syracuse University's Carrier Dome and two of the three pyramids from the Giza Metropolis.

• Marksman
    Marksman wrote:

Aurelien: where did u see any range? Did you notice wodrs you used in your replies, dude? I didn't use any of that kind. Really don't see no sense in fighting people on forums.

Pete: Great! Don't forget Petronas Towers!)

• Marksman
    Marksman wrote:

Sheryl: We sure don't know each other. He relplied with a joke, I appreciated that. And also replied with a joke.

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Sheryl
    Your prize is two tickets to Y.A.C.H.T's performance in Beijing at the end of this month. See you then!

• Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    When I designed the background, i did a lot of image search on "beijing skyline" - so if one of those buildings are from shanghai, the photographer must've been wrong.
  • John
    John wrote:
    The Aurora building and the Shangri-la hotel building are both in Shanghai. Jinmao Tower is in there too. I lived there for four years so I should know. Perhaps someone else has mentioned this as well. The photographer was wrong.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    My suggestion is do not search "Beijing skyline", but to do a survey around locals, students, temporary dwellers, and visitors, on "list the places where you consider the simbol of this city". You know, Beijing never plans to create a so-called "skyline", which commonly formed by a bunch of skyscrapers.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.