Discussion » Film & TV » advice

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

i dont watch many movies....but i want to watch more.

any advice? since i only watch when i eat at night, so please no disgusting movies. old movies, new  movies..whatever good. no teen movies please. oh, no horror movie either..

thank you!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Not sure why the word "Casablanca" popped up when I read your thread ... but I recommend any of the great Charlie Chaplin ... or the Three Stooges ...

Not sure what do you like ...

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

thanks, ting dao..im gonna watch both!! i watched shakespeare in love the past three days(30 mins each time at diner.haha)

now in my head is all the british english and the rhythem of that play...the actress in it was so pretty...im falling in love~~

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Yes, that one was nice too, GP was cute and sweet ... and the British accent, well, you just have to love it ...

Oh, the words "West Side Story" just came up ... my old fav are still "Sound of Music", "My Fair Lady" and "The Kind and I" ...

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

David Fincher's, David Lynch's, Quentin Tarantino's...en...some of Nicolas Cage's (as an actor)...or...just go through the "IMDB best" list, hehe

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

wow, my list is getting longer...

i was just about to watch Casablanca...maybe i can wait.

Peter, you know any screenwriter that possibly would watch it with me?:D

Thanks, Da Fan for your suggestions...IMDB is what?

• Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

Up? is it on? whats the chinese for it?

• Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:

The Godfather. Schindlers List. A Clockwork Orange. Fight Club. Wag the Dog. Sunset Boulevard. City of God. For pure escapism, the Star Wars series can't be beat.

• くり
    くり wrote:

Dogville,A Clockwork Orange, lord of war, dumbland .Ten Minutes Older,Rain Man,The Green,Amelie,lola Run,Amen,Brothers,godbye lenin,the Hole,hotel rwanda

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

IMDB, the internet movie database. or you can go through the "all time best" list of www.mtime.com, which is more local.

more suggestion: kinds of trilogy, tetralogy...series. eg. the Bourn's trilogy is my favorite action movie, and the LOTR trilogy is...just wonderful!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Winnie
    Winnie wrote:

谢谢叮当同志。。。看起来不错哦。。

我在YOUKU上看电影,我天,那些卓别林的电影什么的都是中文的,真受不了

俺下了下了,在床上和WLIB上待了一天。

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.